Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Mercedes benz '' HIGHWAY CRUISER''

and i got me a nice sun screen

but then i noticed,it gets to dark inside,so made a little window in it.

best regards Thijs

Comment

wait,that doesn't helping.
      hmmm oke next idea,i place a piece of chickenwire in it,so there is no danger that chickens flying in at night.
      or better i place a piece of fly mesh??? in it,so they (insects) cant come into the cab at night.

for 1 window every part is ready now,now the same for the second one.

best regards Thijs

Comment

You're creasing me up again!
        You make a sunscreen, and it looks a very smart piece of work, but then put a window in it because the first one made the cab too dark. But then the window is so big that it is the same as if you hadn't started in the first place. Or perhaps you didn't do a photo of the little window before the second cut. Now I think a ventilator for night time is a really excellent idea. Although you don't need one for the other window, do you? It could make it draughty.
        Can't you buy some stick-on sunscreen plastic to help with the glare, which must be considerable on your long journeys, Thijs?
        Just thought, I'm sure I've seen advertised a sort of plastic sheeting which is slightly coloured, enough to cut out the glare, but also punctured with small holes, or it may be a fine mesh. So you get ventilation, flyscreen and antiglare all in one. It's used to hang across open french windows in summer. You could place it within your new frame.
        Last edited by wherrygirl; July 14th, 2013, 13:13.
        Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
        Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

forget the sunscreen part Ivy,that was a joke,at night the gurtains are closed.
          the windows have already some solar controle????? glass,main raeson is that there is some ventilation,but open windows is also the gate for insects,and that is what i dont want.there is a roof hatch with a mesh in it,but that is the only opening so not much draught,so on hot nights now i get the opportunity to open the hatch,with 1 or 2 windows,or when i'm under a light pole only the windows.

and i have 2 little ventilaters in the cab where i placed a dimmer on it,so i can controle the speed of them,to high speed make it to windy.

meanwhile i have saw this morning the parts for the second flyscreen out ,and sand them,so lets see when i put the paint at it,between now and before the truck gets sold, in a few years.

but the window glass is 4 mm and the material is 3,6 mm so its very fragile thatswhy i saw a few extra parts out,so i can make it thicker .
          and maybe i need some extra pieces,if nessecairy
          Last edited by janihudi; July 14th, 2013, 14:23.
          best regards Thijs

Comment

forget the sunscreen part Ivy,that was a joke,at night the gurtains are closed.
            You so-and-so!
            But I'm very impressed by what you're doing. That will be a nice little set-up when you've finished, Thijs.
            By the way, Google doesn't translate "neckermann". I tried handyman on it and it came up with the Dutch equivalent, but not your word.
            Ivy

Comment

Originally posted by wherrygirl View Post
              By the way, Google doesn't translate "neckermann". I tried handyman on it and it came up with the Dutch equivalent, but not your word.
              pitty we can't add more smilies.

overhere at google we get at travelcompany and also as a webshop.
              webshop now,postorder company in the past,where you can order stuff for your house,car or what so ever and clothes.

the bad name for mercedes is neckermann.

mercedes is not very well respected by truckdrivers,stil now.
              its already from long ago,when i was still a kid (which i'm stil am) that they had the name neckermann.

i always called mercedes ''neckermann'',still now i do that.
              didn't know where the name came from,but in the time when my boss was ordering the truck and the salesman called me for asking how the week was driving the demotruck i asked him ,if he know where that name came from.

the story he heard was that;

mercedes was the first brand that gave a demo truck to companies to try them,and after a week or some longer you return it,and maybe there was a possabilety to sell a truck or not,but they had tryed it and had some expierience with the truck.

when you order something at a post order company and if you don't like it when you have it in your house,you could return it.

so as the same with mercedes,if you don't like it,return it.

and that name was more or less vanished,untill thijs brought it up again.

i am planning to let make mudflaps for under the frontbumper with neckermann on it.

don't get me wrong, i like the truck ,but it wil be always a neckermann,but now more or less as a nickname.

and there is news about the dinner table isseu

Originally posted by janihudi View Post
              oh yes very soon,i can have it this week already if i want that,but then i have to pay 230,00euro,
              and i DONT want to pay for that.
              so thinking how i can make it by my own.
              but there is a placing corner angle (how to call it?,but the corner of dashboard and a horizontal table is more then 90 degrees),how to place it,and how to make it turnable.
              but anyway,this is the 230,00 euro solution,just a piece of plastic.

a collegue of me ,the one where for i made the green mercedes model have a friend/collegue/family (i forgot) which have a table for sale,he got a new neckremann actros ,the new model,and there don't fit in that table,so he wil sell it to me,125,00 euro,much more a normal price.
              so waiting for that one to come
              best regards Thijs

Comment

I've found neckermann on the Net, it is a pan-European set-up, isn't it, but doesn't seem to have crossed the Channel so far! Thanks for the explanation.
                Looks good about the table, I hope it really fits OK, Thijs.
                Ivy

Comment

tadaaaa,the neckermann table has arrived,wel at least by my colleague,now to arrange a meeting between us 2.

best regards Thijs

Comment

Hooray. so what's next????
                    Ivy

Comment

a few little things,the flymesh , maybe 6 little lights in the grille,maybe 2 mud flaps below the bumper,a new dashboard table.

done nothing today at the fly mesh,thanks to some tv problems
                      best regards Thijs

Comment

saturday i had just an image of a table,now since 8am i own a table.

best regards Thijs

Comment

Get off-line and fix it, then. You're slacking. It looks a neat affair - hope it fits.
                          Ivy

Comment

4 screws thats all.just start today at 12am,have to load at 2.30pm in Kleve Germany just other side border at Nijmegen.
                            so while they load,i screw.
                            fitting wont be a problem,it's from the same model mercedes
                            best regards Thijs

Comment

and it's mounted/screwed,but at home now,so this evening it wil not be used.

best regards Thijs

Comment

Very nice. Blue velvet curtains are smart, too.
                                What's wrong with the existing dashboard table, then? And get moving with the fairy lights for the radiator grill.
                                Ivy

Comment

Working...
                                X