Mercedes benz '' HIGHWAY CRUISER''

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Mercedes benz '' HIGHWAY CRUISER''

Hey, you two - Ralf and Thijs, don't forget we have a date to keep in Dordrecht next year.
    Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
    Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

Did i miss something? Or did i forget? Please update me again.

Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

Originally posted by Ralf__ View Post
        Did i miss something? Or did i forget? Please update me again.

When Thijs and I had finished showing photos about Dordt in Storm from last year's visit, Thijs said that they will have it again in 2014 and he'll certainly go again. I replied that if I am in the Netherlands that year I shall go too. And somewhere at the back of my mind I had a feeling that you had also been interested. But maybe my memory is up to its usual tricks again, plus a bit of wishful thinking!
        But why not?!
        Ivy

Comment

lets hope for better wheather then,sell i book already the b&b again Ralf?

i always try to make an image of the odometer when all the numbers are the same,in this case that would be 222222,2.
          so keeping the camera in my hands it was waiting for the mileage.just for the bridge it was almost that,but the bridge is brandnew near Nijmegen so the tarmac is flat as flat can be.
          friving on the bridge camera focused on the odometer and almost and kabam,the transition from bridge to land was there,exactly on 222222,2 focus gone ,fast try a new one and press and the milage was.....

darn
          Last edited by janihudi; July 6th, 2013, 21:24.
          best regards Thijs

Comment

today i placed 2 litte lamps at the side of the cab,contour lights on poles. beam poles???????

mounting them i one thing,conect them is antother thing,it will be probally around christmas before the burn,knowing myself.
            best regards Thijs

Comment

whow,Christmas came early this year.

best regards Thijs

Comment

white to the front
                orange to the side
                red to the back (not visable)

yep,enough light.

best regards Thijs

Comment

Oh Thijs, Thijs, Thijs, what on earth are you up to now? They look like little worms peering out to see where you're going!
                  What are they for?
                  What you need now are a few fairy lights wound around the radiator grill.
                  Ivy

Comment

Originally posted by wherrygirl View Post
                    What are they for?
                    mainly for show,a lot of truckdrivers love lights of any kind,but from out of factory you dont see them,there are the normal ''citylights'' build in in the light units.at the back of the trailer,they are placed from out the factory,mounted on the chassis or at the backlights as where these came from.sometimes when they place a container on the chassis ,it goes with a bang,what can result in broken lamp ornament,and you can throw it away,the lenshood is still useble aswel the light pole,so remove those parts for spare and throw the lamphouse away.the official name is ''contour light'' so other road users can see the outerlines of the truck in the dark,red from the back as a extra marking point,white to the front so that the driver can see where his backend is in the dark,while driving back or so he can easier see when he has passed the other car and go back to the right lane,or in UK style, back to the left lane.the orange light is for the they dissidet in Brussels that trucks also must be seen from the side at T-crossings,so there must be an orange light at every few meters an orange light at the side.and now the fun part,if i mounted every more of less 2 meter such a light pole,a overactive cop can write me a ticket because other road users don't know what is coming to them with al the lights.is it a plane,or a train or a vessel what is approaching.

What you need now are a few fairy lights wound around the radiator grill.
                    probally ,in time,surching for nice ones,6 btw.
                    they have nice small ones now,but they are LED,i don't have any LED lights on the truck (beside backlights trailer) so of al LED or non.
                    best regards Thijs

Comment

Originally posted by janihudi View Post
                      the official name is ''contour light''
                      Ah, thanks, i had no idea what the proper name was so couldn't help you there.
                      white to the front so that the driver can see where his backend is in the dark,
                      How? It's not a mirror.
                      if i mounted every more of less 2 meter such a light pole,a overactive cop can write me a ticket
                      If the rule comes from Brussels then he'd be wrong, wouldn't he, and janihudi can tell him where to go!

My neighbour has tiny flashing fairy lights on a string wound all round her garden, they're solar and last all night long even in the depth of winter when there is no sun, only dull grey skies all day. They'd do fine for you.
                      Ivy

Comment

How? It's not a mirror.
                        no ,but i my mirror i can see the light,so i know where the end is,and i see when i have passed the other car

and janihudi can tell him where to go!
                        yep,but i don't do that,i'm a nice guy,+if i do so he can give me a extra ticket.
                        another stupid rule over here is that you may not be crule to a cop,they have a delicate soul.poor guys
                        best regards Thijs

Comment

now i have placed the coffee maker,i lost the cup holder,so just trying something.
                          a few weks back i was loading at a firm that made pvc drain pipes,and i ask them for some material.
                          they gave me 2 differend sets (could get more if i wanted) pipes with end stops.
                          so i cut a slot in it for the mug ear,so this wont tip over,but how to place it and where,and he is pritty big too,so don't know IF i use it.

mayby that i cut of a few centimeters
                          best regards Thijs

Comment

When Thijs and I had finished showing photos about Dordt in Storm from last year's visit, Thijs said that they will have it again in 2014 and he'll certainly go again. I replied that if I am in the Netherlands that year I shall go too. And somewhere at the back of my mind I had a feeling that you had also been interested. But maybe my memory is up to its usual tricks again, plus a bit of wishful thinking!
                            But why not?!
                            ...i remember. Well just give me the date, we'll see then how we will manage it. I guess this time i won't sleep alone in that B&B.
                            Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

http://www.dordtinstoom.nl/home_english.html

you mean that you want to get the horse to the second floor?
                              best regards Thijs

Comment

welcome back at our show '' our home and neckermann''.
                                after a few hours measuring, drawing, cut, fit,measuring, drawing, cut, fit,measuring, drawing, cut, fit, i got the mal.

draw those lines over to a sheet of triplex, twice.

best regards Thijs

Comment

Working...
                                X