Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Mercedes benz '' HIGHWAY CRUISER''

the road was opend a few months back.
    give up is a big word at this moment,i wanted to try with the ''norwegian breakaway'' how long it will take for me from leaving spotting place 6,to meet her again at which point 3,2,or 1.
    with that knowledge i know roughly when i have to stop in the port and go to 6.

with sunny sunday of the breakaway we drove from 1 straight to 6 in the hope that we made it,while she was on a high speed.
    when we arrived at 6 we had so much time left before she arrived that i got planty of time to make my famous infamous doggie images.
    but now, still don't know which point i can pick her up from leaving 6,but with my driving style,i think i can make it to 2 anyway,so maybe lost 1 place,place 3.

1. don't use it much,but those images till 186 coming from this place

2.Roosendaal parking,you get this vieuw till 166

3.''lovers'' parkingplace,you get my images like these,also a place for the waterlevel images.

4.the giant barrier doors

5. the hill,for the high vieuw images

6.at sea,for the bye bye zwaai zwaai images

the red line was the old road,purple the new road,from the splitting at red and purple to 6 is about 10 kilometer extra

although from the hill i get also some nice images ,from a ''high'' and close point,but they never made it to the sea images.

btw image 2 of post 149 under the sign with holland is in the middle of the river ''the hill'',you can also reconise the barrier doors
    Last edited by janihudi; June 6th, 2013, 22:20.
    best regards Thijs

Comment

I can't get any of your links in #151, Thijs.
      Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
      Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

they work now,don't know what went wrong
        best regards Thijs

Comment

Yes, fine now. I don't think I'd seen all these pics. before. Purely as pictures and not just ship images I love #163, the semi silhouette, #164.1 beautiful lighting of the scene, and #168.2 with the ship lit up. at no. 2 place, Roosendaal. Then at place 3, the lovers, it's interesting the way you've taken the photos to show the sucking in of the water as she passes.
          And then at the hill, that lovely scene you call Maid in the Mist.
          Great pics, Thijs.
          Ivy

Comment

Talking about a rolling home!

I need a coffee maker in my truck too!
            With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
            Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

they are for sale at 12 volt,or buy a big inverter to make 12 to 220volt,coffeemaker ask 550amp,so inverter need minimum deliver 1100 amp.
              mine deliver 2000amp,was a compleet set a inverter and a microwave for 250,00 euro.
              so plenty of amps for a microwave (750amp) ,coffemaker,flatscreen and a playstation (for dvd) camera battry loader,mobil phone loader,as long the device don't need more than 1000 amp ,the inverter can handel it.(inverter must deliver twice as the device ask for,don't ask me why)
              Last edited by janihudi; June 27th, 2013, 21:41.
              best regards Thijs

Comment

as prove that i was not lye,a hot muk of coffee.

and the extra electrical outlet (below) that i placed

best regards Thijs

Comment

You're not doing badly in your truck, are you, Thijs? It's fitted up nicely now. What's that shiny doodah in the rear left corner of the table?
                  Ivy

Comment

Originally posted by janihudi View Post
                    they are for sale at 12 volt,or buy a big inverter to make 12 to 220volt,coffeemaker ask 550amp,so inverter need minimum deliver 1100 amp.
                    mine deliver 2000amp,was a compleet set a inverter and a microwave for 250,00 euro.
                    so plenty of amps for a microwave (750amp) ,coffemaker,flatscreen and a playstation (for dvd) camera battry loader,mobil phone loader,as long the device don't need more than 1000 amp ,the inverter can handel it.(inverter must deliver twice as the device ask for,don't ask me why)
                    Due to my profession i have to correct you here. You mean Watt, not Ampere. If you had a (very) big inverter producing 2000 Ampere, you would receive 440.000 Watts and could equip a Rolling Stones concert, but just for a twinkle of an eye, before your battery will implode. And that only if you manage to connect an oversea cable to your battery.

With 2.000 Watt the consumption will be 9,09 Ampere, that means a 72 Ah battery will make that for 7,5 hours, if you don't drive and charge.
                    Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

Originally posted by wherrygirl View Post
                      It's fitted up nicely now. What's that shiny doodah in the rear left corner of the table?
                      its a plastic,painted with brasscolored crown,and in it stands a little bottle.
                      its a air refresher in the shape of a crown.

Originally posted by Ralf__ View Post
                      Due to my profession i have to correct you here. You mean Watt, not Ampere. If you had a (very) big inverter producing 2000 Ampere, you would receive 440.000 Watts and could equip a Rolling Stones concert, but just for a twinkle of an eye, before your battery will implode. And that only if you manage to connect an oversea cable to your battery.

With 2.000 Watt the consumption will be 9,09 Ampere, that means a 72 Ah battery will make that for 7,5 hours, if you don't drive and charge.
                      yep your right it is watt as what i should type,but in my head stands amps.
                      i don't know ''heavy'' the batteries are,but lest thuesday that idiot that plans the trips let me unload at 12am in Hilden Germany but i was already there at 10.40 am
                      ''no i have,yes i could get'' but they started already at 11am to unload(291 cartons with fans,what i wanted for that day) so empty just after 12 ,and i should load back in Dortmund at 6pm.
                      you and i know Ralf,germany is general speaking closed at 3pm,but there are some adresses that works longer.so i went to Dortmund at cruising speed and arived there at 1,35pm making indentification at the gate and report me at the loading desk ,time 1.55pm.were closed at 2,so no loading today,and looking into the computer,you must load tomorrow at 9am,not today.
                      so i parked the truck for the next day a little in the shade,but it was 35 degrees celcius there that day,so it was hot everywhere.
                      so hang up the tv and lay down for some movies,2 little fans where spinning the whole day for a breese.
                      around 5pm i wanted to heaten up a meal and the inverter just qiut with it,after a several tries i notised a wisthle under the bed,the inverter.
                      went outside to look at it,so open the door closet and a light was burning,overheated.
                      so went back into the truck and turned the fans at the inverter for10 minutes and than it works again,but the whole evening i kept the closetdoor open just for cooling air.every time i use the microwave top power for it is 750 watt i let the engine run,just for shure,but meals heating up in around 5,6 minutes.
                      after eating ,looking at movies again started the engine a few times for the airco,(engine falls out after 9minutes,diesel saving) but when i go to sleep at around 12pm it was stil 29 degrees celcius.
                      why this blabla,the inverter runs almost the whole time from 2,15pm till 12 pm,engine started from time to time,and no problem in the morning with starting,but a tv and a playstation dont ask for much power.
                      best regards Thijs

Comment

Germany is not generally closed at three, maybe over there in Westfalen. From time to time you should do a trip to the south - far away from your beloved planner. I could offer you a cooler place fro the night, although i have to work under similar conditions in my office under the roof. Your battery should be more heavy (Ah).

Comment

a lot of places where i had to load where closed after 3pm,already in the years from 85 to 91,when my workaeria was the whole of Germany.
                          and it had there pro and cons,i have ''camping'' in old cities just near the river on a beautiful summersday and other nice places,but also on industrial estate where there was totally nothing,and in that time no tv, playstation, microwave or other luxury,just books,and in the summer my 2 fans, yes they are so old already , and in the winter a heather,(in my second truck it was,in my first truck wasn't even a heather)

i still do hope that they give me a trip sometime near you,and that the factory is closed at 3pm,so i can visit you,but with my luck you will be probally in the Czech Republic.
                          did it ever came out with your Uden client,after the last time we spoke over it?
                          best regards Thijs

Comment

Not much going on with my Dutch clients, the Uden company is in legal struggle with one of my most important German customers, so there are political reasons not to go there. The other guys moved half of their production to Malaysia and a new project they announced is not started yet.
                            But who knows...

Comment

pitty that it goes like this,but it's better to stay away from Uden ,than loose your German companies.
                              i'll hope for you that it will all come together on a nice and decent way,so you can make a new try.
                              best regards Thijs

Comment

Originally posted by wherrygirl View Post
                                What's that shiny doodah in the rear left corner of the table?
                                best regards Thijs

Comment

Working...
                                X