Mercedes benz '' HIGHWAY CRUISER''

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Mercedes benz '' HIGHWAY CRUISER''

taken it over on a tin plate and cut it out and fold it (no image of that stage)
    and tape it round with black tape.tape instead of painting it,is of now are also the sharp edges away.
    and you see the plate hardly anyway.

a merc has 2x2 cupholders,1 is already gone through the on board computer and the other 1 has to go for the coffeemaker.

best regards Thijs

Comment

the plate placed on its place,no screws or what soever,just lay in itand it stays,clamp in the hole.

and with the coffeemaker on its place,al i need is electric power,which i have in the cab,but not there where i need it.

its a coffeepad machine,so a pad some water and in a few minutes bloody hot coffee
      best regards Thijs

Comment

Handy chappie, aren't you?
        Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
        Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

kind of,but thinking as a idiot how to make a dinertable at right side.
          best regards Thijs

Comment

I love it! What's your tractor worth ?(Don't say, I know it's a very big number) And you are making it better with paper and tape.

Comment

I'm waiting fior the dinner table to appear, Dane. Knowing Thijs, I expect it to be soon!
              Ivy

Comment

oh yes very soon,i can have it this week already if i want that,but then i have to pay 230,00euro,
                and i DONT want to pay for that.
                so thinking how i can make it by my own.
                but there is a placing corner angle (how to call it?,but the corner of dashboard and a horizontal table is more then 90 degrees),how to place it,and how to make it turnable.
                but anyway,this is the 230,00 euro solution,just a piece of plastic.

Last edited by janihudi; May 25th, 2013, 19:34.
                best regards Thijs

Comment

€230 just for that???????
                  Ivy

Comment

yes,but thats compleet with the frame too,so the complete table,but to expensive to me.
                    you can turn it down if not needed,or even take it away if there is a second driver.
                    best regards Thijs

Comment

a truck driver which is also a truckmodel builder take this image of me and the truck .

best regards Thijs

Comment

Thijs, oh, I do like that photo, I've saved it. Tell me how it came about - did you arrange it or was it a chance meeting? Had you met him before? Where was it taken? Come on, man, tell!
                        Ivy

Comment

it was taken with a gsm/smartphone,but can't zoom in on it,tried it,but whent bad.
                          i should pick up a container on the delta, but when i type in container number and reference,the computer said ''container is still on board so call the idiot and after a while he send me back to rotterdam to pick up another chassis and go home.
                          so while i was driving back to rotterdam i saw a smaller type volvo of farm frites and i knew that there was a truckmodel builder and facebook friend driving also.
                          slipstreaming for a while i dicede to pass him,and saw that he was holding his gsm focusing to the mirror to take a image of the truck.
                          so no arranged meeting ,biside the modeltruck forum and facebook i don't know or ever speak with him.
                          and the image was taken ''here''

best regards Thijs

Comment

Thanks. What a lovely coincidence. (By the way - slipstreaming - not a word I've met before but it's obvious what it means. You're teaching me English - and "technical" English, too.) In the above map, what is the new road? I can't see any signs of a dijk, so it still to be constructed?
                            I'm homesick for the Hill.
                            Ivy

Comment

slipstreaming comes from the auto (car) and motorsport,and it is in a way of ''cetting a tow'' from the man in front of you.
                              he is driving in the wind,you're out of the wind,and it's a way to try to get in front.

the new road is at the newly construced ''maasvlakte 2'' the extencion of the port.

purple line is the new road
                              green the old road,is still there,but don't go to the end anymore.
                              bleu line,the old coast,east of it is old,west is the new coast.

the bouy line is the old coast,south of the line is the new maasvlakte 2

orange line is the new road a 10 km extra road to drive to the spottingplace

and the nw port is mainly for the container terminals.

probally the hill wil be more the first place to go or last place,the road is getting long now for the sea spottingplace to the ''lovers'' parkingplace
                              best regards Thijs

Comment

Many thanks for the detailed maps, Thijs, you're an expert at this! When was the new road opened? What a pity if you have to give up the old spotting place, for it was the most beautiful place to watch for ships either coming or going. It made me feel I was standing right on the very tip of the land reaching out to the ship. Further back to the hill can never give the same impression.
                                Ivy

Comment

Working...
                                X