• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mercedes benz '' HIGHWAY CRUISER''

LAAAAdies and Gentleman.

Janihudi proudly presents to you
    the HIGHWAY CRUISER

maybe nearby you on the highway. (probally not)

started at the firm on truck nr.8 a DAF XF 95.380,gooing to nr.1 a DAF XF 95.430 to nr.18, again a DAF XF 95.430 and now nr.38, a Mercedes Actros Megaspace 2746.

best regards Thijs

Re: Mercedes benz '' HIGHWAY CRUISER''

best regards Thijs

Comment

best regards Thijs

Comment

i'm still in doubt, that there is enough light in the dark

best regards Thijs

Comment

best regards Thijs

Comment

best regards Thijs

Comment

Did you arrange to have them posed so precisely in those first photos?
              Purely as an image, I like #4.2 very much, and dear Henny is there right up front.
              If you're concerned about the lights, can they be changed? What do you think about it otherwise? Tomorrow will be your first real try-out, I expect.
              Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
              Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

yes i wanted to have them besides each other,old and new.

al the dark images are without trypod,i got a new truck and it was rainig the whole f........ day.so muddy where is was for the images,but also the only really dark place at the industrial ariea.

it was more sarcastic,14 light points,if i can't see by then,will more lights no help.

yep,tomorrow start at 5,45am customs clearence in Duisburg and unload it in Bochum,both in the ruhr airea
                best regards Thijs

Comment

Did you paint the CV ship yourself? I could just see you on a ladder trying to get it just right.

Why do the wheels on the two rear axles have different rims? Are there brakes on only one axle?

Oh, almost forgot to say "nice looking truck".

Comment

Emotional though seeing them together like that that isn’t it?.
                    …but absolutely great to see our ship has taken to the road!!!!

Comment

I am looking forward to the first driving report. I severything working fine or are there some mistakes in the car? How ist the feeling?
                      I wonder if you can see the truck from the moon, when all lamps are lighted up....
                      Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

Originally posted by pilotdane View Post
                        Did you paint the CV ship yourself? I could just see you on a ladder trying to get it just right.
                        nope.it is a sticker,like ''the Fast and the furious'',they made them like i wanted to have it.
                        the Fast and the Furious is the same like the movie poster,
                        Highway Cruiser is my own design.
                        the capital H is like the sign at the entrence to the highway,with a little imagination you see it like a H.
                        and cruiser because i got every thing in the truck i need,sitting relaxed looking around,just cruising.

Why do the wheels on the two rear axles have different rims? Are there brakes on only one axle?
                        the third axle (the last one) is the traction axle,he had on each side 2 wheels and tyres,like in U.S.A
                        the second axle (the middle one) have only 1 wheel with tyre,it is also a steering axle.the rims are the same,but turned inside out,what is normal,
                        if you look at a truck they have just 1 rim,the front axle and the innerside of the traction axles are placed the same way and the outside wheels of the traction axles are turned inside out.

why this set up?

you may load more with a 3 axle truck that with a 2 axle truck,but if you have the same axles at the back as traction the tyres are more ''WEAR AND TEAR''????,with the set up we use here i made load more,but becouse it is a steering axle i can go easier around a corner with less wear of the tyres.
                        however rigid axles may load more then what i have,but cost a lot of more tyres.

i got brake disc on every wheel

Oh, almost forgot to say "nice looking truck".
                        thank you

[QUOTE=Seagull;64857] Emotional though seeing them together like that that isn’t it?.

yes,i.m still a DAF man,and i had driven him for 7,5 years,wel not driven,had him for 7,5 years,minus holidays, illnes,9 months during my accident healing,repairs etc etc

Originally posted by Seagull View Post
                        …but absolutely great to see our ship has taken to the road!!!!
                        now you know why i needed a good drawing of the logo.
                        but plan was to call the truck
                        ''lighthouse'', of al the extra lights on the truck,but the idea i got didn't work.nobody see what there stands in the way i had planned.
                        maybe when i got more time i'll explane it.

Originally posted by Ralf__ View Post
                        I am looking forward to the first driving report. I severything working fine or are there some mistakes in the car? How ist the feeling?
                        I wonder if you can see the truck from the moon, when all lamps are lighted up....
                        troubble started before deliffering saterday morning,for now it,s mostley learning how al the electronics and computer works.
                        tell you later about it.
                        tomorrow again a early call,4.30am out of bed to unload plastic bags in Kall at 8.00am,near Euskirchen Germany.

don't know if you can se it from the moon,but it wassn't very dark at the time i drove around
                        best regards Thijs

Comment

some info

best regards Thijs

Comment

if you seen it like this,you diddn't look if it was safe to cross the street.

best regards Thijs

Comment

best regards Thijs

Comment

Working...
                              X