X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ombugge
    started a topic Veteran Cars

Veteran Cars

I don't know what is the official definition of a Veteran Car in various countries, by any vehicle over 25 years old has that distinction in Singapore.

What I do know is that we don't have a thread for Veteran Cars on CVF. (Or do we??)

To kick one off, here is one old vehicle seen on the streets of Singapore a few days ago.
    This one must most certainly qualify under that category:

• ombugge
    commented on 's reply
    Shot from the comfort of our veranda and without getting wet.

• Sterkoder
    replied
    The truck is a Scania L80 Super model 1970. Started out as a concrete delivery truck with Stave Bygg in Sykkylven and later got rebuilt as a gravel cargo truck with a company in Gjersdal, Austefjorden in Volda.
    This Scania has been totally restored from the ground up, and appear today just as good as when coming off the production line in 1970.

The bus is a Volvo B57-60 model 1979 in service with company Ellingsøy Ferje- og Billag. As said above, another company, Skodjeruta, had almost the same color livery, except Skodjeruta had an all light yellow roof.

Nice pictures, ombugge

Leave a comment:

• ombugge
    commented on 's reply
    Correction; the bus belonged to "Ellingsoy Buss og Ferge"
    (Skodjeruta had almost identical colour scheme)

• ombugge
    replied
    Another veteran bus has arrive at the bus depot next door:

This one belonged to Skodjeruta in bygone days.

Another newcomer is this old lorry, which is just peeping out from the shelter here:

Yesterday it was taken out for a while:

Leave a comment:

• ombugge
    replied
    My son, who as a professional driver are interested in cars, went to the Motor Show today. On request he took these pictures of "The Pedersen":

The instrument panel looks fairly basic:

Lots of people looking. How many buying??

BTW; The Pedersen was not for sale.

Leave a comment:

• ombugge
    replied
    A unique veteran car is now in Norway:

Picture from an article in smp.no, but unfortunately restricted. Here is google translated heading:
    Car enthusiast at Stranda hit on the e-commerce:This car delivers only one copy of the whole world
    The car was built in the United States in 1922 and is a bit unique - the very best one copy of this in all verda. Soon he got new owners - on Stranda.
    PS> Just found out that it will be present at the Motor Show in Aalesund 09-10. Sept. 2017: https://www.sbmarena.no/arrangement/...-bil-motorshow

Leave a comment:

• Ralf__
    replied
    IMG_0659 by Ralf Plinta, auf Flickr

Recently we did an excursion to the Lake Constance. The Midget ran well.

Leave a comment:

• Sterkoder
    replied
    Many interesting vehicles here. I specially like those buses, and I hope their owner don't let them "stand themselves to death", to directly translate a Norwegian saying

Leave a comment:

• Ralf__
    commented on 's reply
    Triumph TR-6, built from 1968 - 1976, so for today's scale a veteran. The TR-6 has a German design by Karmann, since the previous models had been designed by Michelotti. It has a 6 cylinder engine and is a wonderful daily driver! The magenta color is original (!!) and identifies the production date to 1973 or 1974. The sidely indicator lamps tell that this is a US version, which has twin carburators and about 100 HP. The European version had a Lucas fuel injection and 143 HP!

• Ralf__
    commented on 's reply
    This is the original first serial model (1948-1955). It is easy to recognize by the front window. It contained of two parts and since 1952 it was in one piece but with a kink in the middle. It seems that this one is even still without the Porsche badge (coat of arms) which was still designed around that time. The white steering wheel is original. Can't say for sure, which motor is built in here, but i believe to identify the number on the hood as "1500". This one had 55 HP. Very nice and rare! Even the Porsche Museum does not show this model.

• ombugge
    replied
    This little beauty was seen in Aalesund yesterday, 25. Aug. 2017:

Not sure how old, but believe it qualify as a veteran??

Leave a comment:

• Seagull
    replied
    Interesting buses ombugge - and all the nore so with the personal memories.

Leave a comment:

• ombugge
    replied
    The third bus brought back memories from my early years.
    This one was among the first buses to operate on my home island of Hessa. After the bridge connection was established it took several years before the bus routes were extended to Slinningen via the north side only. Even more years before it covered the south side of the island.

This specific bus was used on that route and the name of every driver was know to the kids on the island:

Leave a comment:

• ombugge
    replied
    Back to buses and true veterans.
    The other day I noticed an old bus on the bus depot next door, but before I could get my camera it had been driven into a covered area.
    Yesterday I walked down there to see if I could get some pictures and found not one but three old buses in the shelter.

Here is the one that got my attention the other day:

But next to it was another old veteran bus:

Hard to get any better pictures of this one.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X