X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ombugge
    started a topic Veteran Cars

Veteran Cars

I don't know what is the official definition of a Veteran Car in various countries, by any vehicle over 25 years old has that distinction in Singapore.

What I do know is that we don't have a thread for Veteran Cars on CVF. (Or do we??)

To kick one off, here is one old vehicle seen on the streets of Singapore a few days ago.
    This one must most certainly qualify under that category:

• pakarang
    replied
    That is a nice bus - camper.... So wonderful that there are still people in this world that likes to take care of beauties like this.

Leave a comment:

• janihudi
    replied
    i think that or it's a model after a facelift or the owner placed the setra logo on a differend place at your images.
    al the images i seen at google had setra on top of the K on the front,while your camper had it below the K

Leave a comment:

• Sterkoder
    replied
    Wow, thank you so much, Thijs!!!

Leave a comment:

• janihudi
    replied
    http://www.oldtimerbus.org/setra-s6/

Data sheet
    Model name
    Setra S 6
    Motorization
    Henschel, 4 cyl. Diesel, 90 HP
    Passenger seats
    24 seats
    Height
    2,870 mm
    Length
    6,700 mm
    Width
    2,250 mm
    Weight
    5.990 kg max. Total weight
    Top speed
    about 100 km/h

Information
    In 1955, the Setra S 6 of the German vehicle manufacturer Kässbohrer celebrated its world premiere at the Geneva Motor Show. The manufacturer had come up at that time for the successor model of the S 10 and 110 ST some technical innovations. The Setra S 6 for example had a chassis with an independent suspension front and rear. Schwingachsen, as well as the maintenance-free rubber torsion suspension were among passengers for an even more enjoyable driving experience.
    The Setra S 6 is the smallest Setra which was ever built. Also the number is comparatively small. So 1,120 were produced by this type of bus just once. In the S 6 find a length of 6,700 mm and a width of 2,250 mm, a total of 24 persons (excluding the driver). With the S 6, Kässbohrer closed the gap gaping up then on the market in the lower segment – in the segment of buses of that could go with a few passengers packed and thus economically on tour. Despite its very compact dimensions, the Setra S 6 offered a very generous Interior for passengers. His time was a very comfortable bus with high-quality facilities.

In the course of time, the space has been reduced from 24 to 20 passengers plus the driver. Kässbohrer thus guaranteeing even more legroom for each passenger. This was done by the removal of a complete row of seats from the bus. This change also the trunk could be expanded. This initially only had a capacity of 1.6 cbm. The change was made not by the length of the trunk extension, but rather by attaching a very nice roof Gallery, which could be accessed via a rear-side folding ladder. Travel company, which wanted to make longer trips, could order the Setra S 6 with an additional tank as an option. Both tanks were sufficient for a range of 1,200 km. This was a considerable range at the time.

Leave a comment:

• janihudi
    commented on 's reply
    Yes the M in the registration plate stands for Munich.
    ( and surroundings)

• Sterkoder
    replied
    In Kristiansund today, I spotted the most beautiful camping vehicle I've ever seen in this town.
    It is an old SETRA bus, from what I guess is Munich. Maybe Ralf can help out to interpret the registration? And does anyone know the production year of this bus?

SSL26918 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

​​​​​​SSL26919 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

​​​​​​SSL26917 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Leave a comment:

• Sterkoder
    commented on 's reply
    This VW Beetle fools us all. It is well taken care off, as we see new rims and no serious rust. The "rust" we see is actually sprayed on the car, and me not knowing what the style is called, this rust-look is a popular style in veteran car-clubs and car environment.

• Tommi
    commented on 's reply
    Actually, as long as it don't rust more, I find it quite nice looking.
    Original paint?

• ombugge
    replied
    Here is one in need of some tender loving care:

Leave a comment:

• ombugge
    replied
    This veteran bus has it's home at Sunnmore Museum, where it is housed in the old Spjelkavik Ruta garage:

On one wall I spotted these pictures of the other veteran buses that was in Ulsteinvik a couple of weeks ago:

Leave a comment:

• ombugge
    replied
    Not a veteran I believe, but a nice car out for a spin in the sunshine:

Leave a comment:

• ombugge
    replied
    This one should qualify as a veteran I would think?:

Leave a comment:

• pakarang
    replied
    Thats a really nice model of the BMW - the color is not my first choice, but the car is splendid!

Leave a comment:

• ombugge
    replied
    More veteran cars is arriving by the day:

Leave a comment:

Working...
X