No announcement yet.

Veteran Cars

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Such a stunningly beautiful car - looks like an Aston Martin?
    With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
    Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com
    Old forum: http://captainsvoyage.7.forumer.com/
    Join us: Save the "Kong Olav" on facebook

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Originally posted by ombugge View Post

]
      Looks a bit like Aston Martin, but it's a Morgan Aero 8
      Øistein

If at first you don’t succeed, skydiving is not for you...

Comment

Is this a reproduction car, or a restored veteran?

The front looks almost too perfect to be a veteran - the lights look like adaptive one's. My conclusion is that this must be a new-build more than a true veteran.

Nevertheless, beautiful car!
        With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
        Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com
        Old forum: http://captainsvoyage.7.forumer.com/
        Join us: Save the "Kong Olav" on facebook

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Back to buses and true veterans.
        The other day I noticed an old bus on the bus depot next door, but before I could get my camera it had been driven into a covered area.
        Yesterday I walked down there to see if I could get some pictures and found not one but three old buses in the shelter.

Here is the one that got my attention the other day:

But next to it was another old veteran bus:

Hard to get any better pictures of this one.

Comment

The third bus brought back memories from my early years.
          This one was among the first buses to operate on my home island of Hessa. After the bridge connection was established it took several years before the bus routes were extended to Slinningen via the north side only. Even more years before it covered the south side of the island.

This specific bus was used on that route and the name of every driver was know to the kids on the island:

Comment

Interesting buses ombugge - and all the nore so with the personal memories.

Comment

This little beauty was seen in Aalesund yesterday, 25. Aug. 2017:

Not sure how old, but believe it qualify as a veteran??

Comment

• Ralf__
                Ralf__ commented
                Editing a comment
                Triumph TR-6, built from 1968 - 1976, so for today's scale a veteran. The TR-6 has a German design by Karmann, since the previous models had been designed by Michelotti. It has a 6 cylinder engine and is a wonderful daily driver! The magenta color is original (!!) and identifies the production date to 1973 or 1974. The sidely indicator lamps tell that this is a US version, which has twin carburators and about 100 HP. The European version had a Lucas fuel injection and 143 HP!

Many interesting vehicles here. I specially like those buses, and I hope their owner don't let them "stand themselves to death", to directly translate a Norwegian saying
              "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

IMG_0659 by Ralf Plinta, auf Flickr

Recently we did an excursion to the Lake Constance. The Midget ran well.
                Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

A unique veteran car is now in Norway:

Picture from an article in smp.no, but unfortunately restricted. Here is google translated heading:
                  Car enthusiast at Stranda hit on the e-commerce:This car delivers only one copy of the whole world
                  The car was built in the United States in 1922 and is a bit unique - the very best one copy of this in all verda. Soon he got new owners - on Stranda.
                  PS> Just found out that it will be present at the Motor Show in Aalesund 09-10. Sept. 2017: https://www.sbmarena.no/arrangement/...-bil-motorshow

Comment

My son, who as a professional driver are interested in cars, went to the Motor Show today. On request he took these pictures of "The Pedersen":

The instrument panel looks fairly basic:

Lots of people looking. How many buying??

BTW; The Pedersen was not for sale.

Comment

Another veteran bus has arrive at the bus depot next door:

This one belonged to Skodjeruta in bygone days.

Another newcomer is this old lorry, which is just peeping out from the shelter here:

Yesterday it was taken out for a while:

Comment

• ombugge
                        ombugge commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Correction; the bus belonged to "Ellingsoy Buss og Ferge"
                        (Skodjeruta had almost identical colour scheme)

The truck is a Scania L80 Super model 1970. Started out as a concrete delivery truck with Stave Bygg in Sykkylven and later got rebuilt as a gravel cargo truck with a company in Gjersdal, Austefjorden in Volda.
                      This Scania has been totally restored from the ground up, and appear today just as good as when coming off the production line in 1970.

The bus is a Volvo B57-60 model 1979 in service with company Ellingsøy Ferje- og Billag. As said above, another company, Skodjeruta, had almost the same color livery, except Skodjeruta had an all light yellow roof.

Nice pictures, ombugge
                      "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

• ombugge
                        ombugge commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Shot from the comfort of our veranda and without getting wet.
                    Working...
                    X