No announcement yet.

the NEW HIGHWAY CRUISER

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I told you in my mail that you must be really proud of the work you have put into getting HC2 ready for the show, even despite the two mishaps. I know I am. And the table is great.
    Well done, Thijs, full marks! I'm looking forward to the photos of the show.
    Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
    Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

it became a lot of work at the end ,things that went wel, but it was more than good enough for the truckshow.
      some even came with a truck that havn't seen the truckwash or any drop of water, besides that came from out of the sky. aka dirty
      at Friday ,as you can see #118 we had both a lot work, but finally ready

though without the michelin mascottes, i had to start for making that ready. #119
      Last edited by janihudi; May 19th, 2019, 23:20.
      best regards Thijs

Comment

Don't they look good, together? Wesley's truck is almost as lit up as yours! And you can see how clean he keeps it, in #118.1 it just gleams, and I'm sure that it was not just for the one day.
        Ivy

Comment

Great work by both of you. Congratulations for this table. Looks well and it is oviously a very clever design. And even a drawer. That is not easy!
          I just am not sure about the carpet pattern. Is it showing a retro design, a road map or the movements of the containers in Maasflakte 2?
          Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

• janihudi
            janihudi commented
            Editing a comment
            Point 3 comes the most in line of it.

I'm tginking of to let make a floor carpet of that material. Now this is on the table it looks okay.
            More okay as when i saw the cloth the first time.

• wherrygirl
            wherrygirl commented
            Editing a comment
            Now that's an excellent idea, Thijs. It woulld tie in the table to the cab generally so that it really fits in.

• janihudi
            janihudi commented
            Editing a comment
            Not the cheapest solution though

Great work. I know the cleaning and washing must have taken a lot of time.

Your lights makes the truck look really great in that light!

All the best to Wesley too: drive safely both of you!

Rijd veilig!
          With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
          Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

• janihudi
            janihudi commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks.
            We will do our best

having now my annual hollyday for 1.5 week , i Always getting out of the truck,
          but now i even take a cab locker.
          removing the 2 drawers (4 bolts) and unscrew 2 bolts for the locker and it's out

make a molt of the rubber mat on top of it onto some 15mm plywood

and sand out the square part in the corner. (with a grinding machine, but then with a sanding disc)

and yes,it's all around 5mm to small,but need that for the cloth

best regards Thijs

Comment

• wherrygirl
            wherrygirl commented
            Editing a comment
            What a man, dismantles half the cab so that he can take it home to make his table. Sure you didn't bring the wheels as well, so that you could touch up the paint on the bolts?

the sanded square is for this sheet of metal.
          it's now the same level as the plywood so that the cloth can seemless over.

on the metal there will be a pole welded and on top of that wil come a fable

if on that table also will be the cloth ,i don't know yet.
          but can't go further now,and don't have the truck here, so can't see if it's alright now

this cloth

best regards Thijs

Comment

and why al that????
            merc had made that as a accessoiry but,
            a. it's low, so can't use the platform anymore under it.
            b. it's places in the big cup holder, where a coffy mug in fits. but that i can't place the suffolk mug anymore, al the other cup holders are smaller. plastic cups and tins
            c. and Mercedes sells them for between 200 and 300 euro

mine will come above the woodline,there have to stand the coffy machine under it,but don't know how large i make the table top

Image Hosted by PicturePush - Photo Sharing
            best regards Thijs

Comment

Yes, I think I've got all that. You've been working hard on it, Thijs. Going to look good when it's complete.
              Ivy

Comment

Working...
              X