Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wherrygirl View Post
    Just not good, and you know it.
    Bur why does the cycle have to stay that way? Do all the other drivers do the same middle of the night start???
    we may only work half days, 15 hours a day ,thats it.
    work 15 hours, rest 9 hours, makes 24 hours.
    but when i came home at 3.30pm because it's not needed to go through , i have to change in the early morning so i can get on time on my adres.
    but i was started that day at 3.45am ,i have to stop at 6.45pm .
    so again drove to home.
    cause if i went to rotterdam ,i couldend get home at time.
    before 6.45pm.so i was at home at 4 pm.
    thatswhy you stay in that cyclus.
    untill i could change for a late discharge in Rotterdam, than i get out of that cyclus.
    thursday start at 5 am didn't get home thursdaynight, starts friday again at 5 am change for Flushing, back to rotterdam pick one up for discharge watermelons in Venlo, and go home, cause changing them friday the day would be to long, ergo this morning again the alarm went on 3.40am.
    it's better for the drivers ,they think that in Brussels.
    not realy.

best regards Thijs

Comment

• wherrygirl
      wherrygirl commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, well, much of what Brussels thinks is downright rubbish. QED.

The image looking straight into the sun is very nicely done, Thijs!

I must say, you take very well care of your truck. It looks wonderful! Hope you are happy with the new truck too.
    With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
    Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

• janihudi
      janihudi commented
      Editing a comment
      yes ,specialy now with het truckshow in a of coupple of weeks.
      painting and polishing

but i crashed him last night.
      i need to drive through a truck lock to get the iNterchange, the sensors read the truck and container and give me a paper of it.
      but to get there i need to drive straight in it, but getting out a corner i pulled it to far ahead.
      looking in the mirrors if i mis the high curps i crashed the tank on the other side.
      if i leave all the profanity name calling and other terrible words of the following 10 minutes ,the line under here was blank.

it became to late to got home aswel, so a lot of work ned to be done,time i don't have before the truckshow.

today i was early, went to the truck with filler to fill it up.
      hope to be home early so i can sand it, and paint it this weekend.

the truckshow is the 18th this month, next weekend is mothersday, so just half weekend for the truck.

i had to start sooner with prepairing the truck

this sight cost me 10 minutes of ranting, swearing name calling and rave

filled with filler
    best regards Thijs

Comment

Aiaiaiaiaiaiai.... I know the feeling! Scratches is a pain in the butts... and that wasn't a nice one.

Will your truck be on the truck-show too?

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Originally posted by pakarang View Post

Will your truck be on the truck-show too?
        yes , i had signed in for it, again. Pffff
        but polishing and repainting don't go as planned

best regards Thijs

Comment

this sight cost me 10 minutes of ranting, swearing name calling and rave
          And fully justified, too. I am so sorry about this, bad enough at any time but with so few free moments for you to repair ready for the truck show it makes it worse.
          BUT you'll get it done. Just see! And then we'll see loads of photos of a gleaming Highway Cruiser II looking as if she had just been delivered spick and span from the factory
          Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
          Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

• janihudi
            janihudi commented
            Editing a comment
            The fun of it, is slipping away.
            The change that everything is done by that time is less and less

• wherrygirl
            wherrygirl commented
            Editing a comment
            Cheer up, old chap.

Sanded the filler on the tank today, but couldn't do much.
          rain,sun,rain ,sun and windy the whole day.
          not ideal to paint the tank then and other parts.
          search for little spots at the front were the paint was gone.
          so when the rains fall up to the attic for wotk at the dash table.
          Demontage it so i could glue it ,screw it again, sanded the whole table, filled the scree holes with a filler, sand it again, and maybe tomorrow the first layer of staining on it
          best regards Thijs

Comment

See ! I knew you'd get things done bit by bit, so it will be ready for the great day. Yes, yesterday was lousy weatherwisw, but here, although there was a brief shower earlier (Bungay's weather hadn't checked to see what it was supposed to do today), the forecast was chilly but sunny and dry. Note, for "chilly" read "bitterly cold" near the East Anglian coast. Hopefully, the same will apply on the other side of the puddle.
            So toughie over there in Giessen may be on the outside job now.
            Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
            Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

The table goes far from good
              I opend the tin and smear the staining on it, hmmmm.
              its darker as i imagend.
              but went on.
              later i realised i had smeard walnut staining on it instead of blurwood.
              again 10 minutes of nasty name calling etcetcetc
              best regards Thijs

Comment

• wherrygirl
                wherrygirl commented
                Editing a comment
                Well, you have a lot to get done and are in a rush to complere it all. Understandable. Try turps or white spirit on it to get some off. then leave it to dry before deciding whether it will do as it is or whether it is pale enough to give it a thin coat of the proper stain.

• janihudi
                janihudi commented
                Editing a comment
                with any of those products that will work,
                staining goes into the wood,colors the wood,it's not like paint which stays of the wood.
                had sanded it now,but that have to been done anyway.
                staining pulls up the wood ''hairs'' ,tiny splinters.after the first and maybe second layer of staining i have to sand it to get a smooth surface.
                i was waked up enough though to smear it on al the in sight parts before the tin was empty.
                whatever what color i wil get ,it will be the same everywere.
                but it's sad,the old table had exact matching colors with what was in the truck,don't know what becomes now

live sucks
              best regards Thijs

Comment

• wherrygirl
                wherrygirl commented
                Editing a comment
                Truck: Looks really good. There's just a very tiny spot right at the bottom right of the centre pair of black lines and an even smaller speck similar place on the right hand pair of black lines.
                Table. Is that a picture of just after you'd seen the mistake, i.e. only partly stained, or after you've been getting some stain off? Looks bad to you because you were aiming for a smooth, even finish. Wood is not like that. Some bits might be evenly coloured, others all lined or patchy, particularly walnut.
                When you have done whatever you decide to do next with it, just remember that when you finish off with the swirly bits of graining which typifies walnut, all variations in the background colour will sink into just that - background and natural.

PS. I had not seen your comment above when I wrote this.
                It will lighten as it dries, but I think it darkens again when you put a finish on, doesn't it? Once it is in place with Rubber Duck etc. back in their spots plus the differing amounts of light playing on the table and other parts of the HC I doubt whether any non-match will be very noticeable except to you, because you know about it. But I know how you feel about it, Thijs, because I'm much the same when something is not exactly as I intended.
                Last edited by wherrygirl; May 5th, 2019, 18:03.

• janihudi
                janihudi commented
                Editing a comment
                Those little spots you see a fly's and / or dust on the lens.

The tin was empty thatswhy the little lighter parts at the underside of the table.
                I made shure that i done first al that was in sight.
                That was before i noticed it. But i was allready started with it, so couldend stop anyway.
                Later i realised the mistake, and why it was darker

• wherrygirl
                wherrygirl commented
                Editing a comment
                No Thijs. See my email with pic., just sent.

Oh, well done on that repair, Thijs. You have done wonders!

Comment

• janihudi
                janihudi commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks, let's hope it was the first and last time i crashed the tank, or any other place on the truck

Maybe you should only sign for picture exhibitions. If then anything happens before, you just have to photoshop.

Honestly, what a lot of work! Cleaning, polishing, then again a tour through dirt and rain... Not my kind of passion!
              But of course it is an admirable look and i also like to join and watch.

Keep my fingers crossed, Thijs! And i hope you will find a way to get the correct color on that table.
              Maybe it is easier to produce new: an exact copy? You should get all pieces of wood really quick, once you have a sample...

Better than spending hours for sanding, painting, polishing, grouching, sanding again....
              Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

• janihudi
                janihudi commented
                Editing a comment
                A new one won't work for now.
                Just 1 weekend left, also a weekend within mothersday.
                And not to forget ,a F1 weekend.
                The truckshow is 18th of may, just to little time.
                Also a new table is a lot 9f sawing,fitting sawing, fitting, sanding staining, sanding,staining etcetecetc.
                Sanding is the easy part, i let a machine do the work.
                I got an irritating hand afterwarts.

All this sh1t sould had happend weeks back, also i should start earlier aswel .

damn DAMN
              DAMN

the 10 minutes, became 20 minutes today.

even further back than the first time

best regards Thijs

Comment

back on it's place again, and again i have to paint the tank.

best regards Thijs

Comment

wanted to paint it tonight, but rain was poring down.

so instead i went to the attic to begin with staining the table, i had something to do as distraction and venting.

the Danisch pluche is still not delivered.
                  best regards Thijs

Comment

• wherrygirl
                    wherrygirl commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Sickening luck. But the weather didn't stop you from getting on with the table, anyway. Just in case the plush doesn't get to you in time have you any piece of cloth or plastic of approximatley the right colour to use just for the show?

• janihudi
                    janihudi commented
                    Editing a comment
                    The shop phoned me, the plush has arrived, wil pick it up monday.

No nothing for time beeing, but that dosn't matter.
                    It is for the topside, they won't see ot from the outside, but would be nice if it was finished.

• wherrygirl
                    wherrygirl commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Ah, glad about the cloth. If nobody looks in then it doesn't matter so much, but if the plush is fixed although only you see it, then you'll feel better about the whole thing instead of that feeling of "it's not how I wanted it to be".
                Working...
                X