No announcement yet.

the NEW HIGHWAY CRUISER

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My goodness, you've put some work into that. And the patience you have to keep going on getting the table correct! But it looks fine now, doesn't it? You got me puzzled when you mentioned thongs - I wondered what on earth they were.
    I'm glad you're going in for the truck show again. I can't remember when you last went, so it will be good to see plenty of photos of the massed ramks of trucks!. When does it take place?
    Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
    Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

• janihudi
      janihudi commented
      Editing a comment
      I make a complete new one, keeping this one as a mold for if someone wants one.
      Got some reations here and there about it.

They are some kind of skirts, for a better wind conduction.
      But for there triangle shape we call them thongs.
      You know, those mini mini mini lady panties

Truckshow is may 18th

Last time was i think about 5 years back

Very nice. But don't forget to drive inbetween. I wonder, when the first interior designer gets in contact with the drivers to take care of their wishes. So much things to fit into the steering cabin afterwards (+ the 14,5 toll boxes for the several countries).
    Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

• janihudi
      janihudi commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Ralf.
      I havn't have the time to drive at the moment.
      Making a dashboard table, figuring out how to make a other table in the middle also ,polishinh the truck for the truckshow and not to forget building the models and make the MAN truckmodels ready for the end of april.

No truck factory will listen to our wishes, they have to build a vehicle that can drive in every country and fit in in every laws of them.
      For this table i get the chance for a fine.
      It wouldend be the first one for a dashboard table i had.
      And those lightend mascottes won't help either.

About the toll bozes i'll come back at it.
      Not sleeping home this night but in Rotterdam at the merc garage. No problems with the truck, but i may park here. But can't upload images on the smartphone to a forum.

Very nice truck you have created and personalised, Thijs!

Like ferries, like our own cars (mine), they are never perfect and always needs to be upgraded and customised to fit our styles, preferences and wishes.

I'm impressed how well you take care of it, and how clean you try keeping it too.

Safe driving.
    With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
    Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

• janihudi
      janihudi commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks J-O.
      Always trying to improve it, for myself to make some things easyer.

Also on the new car i have i want to place the airhorn again, it was always with me, only the first car of mine it wassn't placed, but then i didn't had it.
      Also want to place a led lichtbar behind the grille, but there issn't that much place there for the horn and lightbar.
      When i look at my first cars , there was even place for my mother in law under the bonnet, now not even a screwdriwer.

When it's clean ,everything looks better, even i

so came home now

about the toll boxes Ralf, we have a all in one box
    we can drive in every country now with just one box,also in Germany.
    though that system is working so good,that he kept the German box, but it can also with that box

it's that white one, bigger than most of the toll boxes, but that stupid thing is only on virgan white

i make the mine black, with ducktape, here is the first try, now it's better done

i also, just as on the German box removed the mounting holder ,so the device is smaller in size and can lower down , sitting on my throne i don't even see it
    best regards Thijs

Comment

home sweet home

best regards Thijs

Comment

Ah that seems to be improved through the last years. I saw recently a TV report, where they talked about a dozend different toll boxes. But apparently this was a few years old. Good. Now there is more space for the Rubber Duck and the Bibs. For me anyway too much stuff in the windscreen (but i know: mine is much smaller).
        Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

• janihudi
          janihudi commented
          Editing a comment
          The weird thing is, the only things that irritates ne are the toll boxes and the German euro class sticker.
          The toll boxes are hide away now as it the sticker.
          Germany says place it at the right side of the windscreen, but they didn't say where.
          Top,middle or bottom.
          I placed mine at the topside behind the mirror. You have to stand in front of the truck before you see it.
          I hate it when there are in the line of sight

From al the other needfull objects , the don't bother me or in the way of sight.

Great... black for the Autopass system is way better than that white big box in your window.

Love the backlight in your Mercedes logo. I had that done in Thailand too, on my Toyota Hilux. I paid just 200 THAI Baht back then. Sadly, nobody in Norway does those kinds of modifications.

Would love to have an illuminated Jaguar in the grill.

Thijs... I may have asked you this once or twice before, but can't remember. Have you ever driven a truck to Norway or Scandinavia, or are you driving around Netherlands and Belgium only?

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

• janihudi
          janihudi commented
          Editing a comment
          The uplighted mercedes star was a present of the garage. Because of that i wanted a merc again.

Maybe you can search for someone that can do it for a hobby. I can't by the way.
          Can't you order it in Thailand?

Don't believe that you had ask me before, but havn't been in Scandinavia.
          Arhus in Denmark is the most northern point for me.
          Have been also in Sonderborg in Denmark.
          Germany in every direction, also A few times to Berlin, in the time of the iron curtain.
          Austria 1 time.
          Uk 6 times .
          France 7 times
          And the Benelux

• pakarang
          pakarang commented
          Editing a comment
          Ahhh. OK.... You should be very familiar with European roads then. Hope you get a cargo shipment to Norway some day, perhaps to North Cape too.

as you can see, enough glass to look through.
        camera is at eye hight, but a picture is Always different comparing to real

a complete car can vanish behind the mirror

best regards Thijs

Comment

Last edited by janihudi; March 9th, 2019, 11:31.
          best regards Thijs

Comment

even a highway cruiser have to take a bath

best regards Thijs

Comment

• Tommi
              Tommi commented
              Editing a comment
              I've always wondered, how long time does it take to wash a truck with a trailer?

• janihudi
              janihudi commented
              Editing a comment
              this here i a new truckwash, claiming the biggest in Europe
              3 lanes are open ,3 more if went well, but for now just for inside cleaning and when busy just for spraying the dirt away
              it's at the port at the coast .
              they have 23 minutes for a truck, so you can say quantity goes for quality.
              thusfar they can get it in time

when i did it by my own at our premisis i did it in 3 hours, but than it was very clean,and al by hand.
              they have a brush machine,and 2 man dooing the trailer

A nice work space, or should I say a nice office?

Neat and very clean cabin of your truck, I like the colours and the atmosphere. Perfect for long days in a seat.

The trailer dead spot is something I think about all the time when out in the traffic, especially at places where there are large trucks. I have learnt to never assume that they see me. I saw a video on youtube about a trailer's dead spots: I have learnt to respect them.

Comment

• janihudi
              janihudi commented
              Editing a comment
              Always think about, when you see the driver in his mirror ,he can see you too.
              won't say that he was looking at that time also in his mirror.

there school projects here ,then comes a truckdriver with his truck to a school and let the childeren aware of what a driver can see around his truck.
              Always look to his mirror, and when the driver looks in his mirror put your thumb up, when the driver to it too, you both know that the driver knows the coildren are there.
              a car can't win that battle when they crash, a child or adult on a bike or pedestrian is totally defenseless. can talk out of experience

what stands between the yellow lines is the dead spot.
            only the cop in the yellow coat and the two behind him are vissable

and the Highway Cruiser is even higher than the trucks on the images.
            best regards Thijs

Comment

This is something we all need to be aware of I think, a trucks dead spots.

Pretty amazing to see how many people can actually hide there.

Comment

• janihudi
                janihudi commented
                Editing a comment
                And don't forget, even complete cars

As Jan-Olav says, it is very surpising that so many people are out of sight of the truck driver. Quite frightening, and a big warning to those of us attempting to overtake.
              Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
              Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

But as said about the yruck in the last image,
                it's a low day cab.
                behind the truck, you can fill it much more as what stands there now for many many meters .
                30,40,50 meters before the the mirror fields crossing each other.
                in front of this truck there ar to many.
                he have also that bumper mirror, so there is about 1 to 1.5 meter visable in front of the bumper, the only human beeing he can't see are little childeren.
                but the 3 kids in the right side of the field are visable in that mirror, the left row he maybe can see from his chair
                best regards Thijs

Comment

Working...
                X