the NEW HIGHWAY CRUISER

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thursday i mplaced the last 2 leds,between the upper and lower grille part

take me a great part of the day to improvise how to do it.
    the first bracket takes hours to make it,the second one just a while

no images though

also came in the truck licence plates

my number

91-BLB-9

also that thursday,they drove the truck forwarths, meaning they get started to finish him

the first they did,connected the toplights,and no fuse snapped

best regards Thijs

Comment

started that day to make a licenceplate holder - holder
      there is the plateholder,but i wanted to make the last 3 leds under it,so i made a plate big enough for the plate holder and that there is place for 3 more leds,yes 13 in total.
      and as everything ,it takes me hours to make it.
      left the garage at 9pm

this here is Friday morning when the plate was finished

while i was finnis inside the last things the mechanik connect it al to the fuse box.
      that was the deal, i do what i want,but the garage connect it al to the system

all the leds are burning

after 5 days from home to Rotterdam i was broke. happy that it was Friday .
      of my 27 things to do list there were 4 remain,so satisfied wirh the work i had done in the 8 days ,but still not finnished.

in the upcoming week the painter will come to the truck for replace the vessel sticker,and place the licence number on the roof and backside of the cab,also repaint the wheel rings and paint the correct sunviser.
      the plan was to deliver the next weekend

best regards Thijs

Comment

thursday the next week i went back to the garage,i WANTED to paint those last things bleu,just because.
        those grey tank brackets and snow chains hooks.
        at that moment a cleaning company was cleaning the truck too

and with the right sunviser

wish it was saterday
        Last edited by janihudi; July 28th, 2018, 23:08.
        best regards Thijs

Comment

Originally posted by janihudi View Post
          mistake numer pffff lost counting

the painted the wheel rings bleu instead of white
          (not a big problem for me,i would replaced them for the chrome rings,but my boss insisted that the truck must be delivered with white rings)
          But if boss insisted on white rings, what would he say when you replaced those by your chrome ones???

Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
          Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

• janihudi
            janihudi commented
            Editing a comment
            He knew that i replace them for chrome ones.
            At the 10 wheels of the container chassis are al chrome ones. But he insist white ones at delevery.
            That is the company livery.
            For now.
            Normaly they had all chrome wheel caps, then i started with bleu ones in the chassis and later also on the truck. And more made them bleu.
            Later i switched to chrome while others made them white. My boss liked that and want them all white.
            But i spended lots of money for chrome ones,so i wont whites anymore. I like the chrome ones better

• wherrygirl
            wherrygirl commented
            Editing a comment
            Get away with murder, don't you!

• janihudi
            janihudi commented
            Editing a comment
            beeing there for 17.5 years , i can break some potts.

Originally posted by janihudi View Post
          when the exhaust is full afetr some weeks with the stored soot it had to be cleaned inside.
          thats something which it's do by itself .
          How?

i can stop it,when i'm parked somewhere
          But why would you stop it if it can do the cleaning by itself??.

the cleaning is done by spraying diesel in the exhaust and burn it clean. that produce a heat between 700 and 800 degrees.
          when parked and thats happens ,it melts the tarmac away,
          Yeah! I should think it would. There must be a law somewhere which says thou shalt not set fire to thy exhaust and melt the tarmac. And Is that when it cleans itself or when you clean it or both?
          Ivy

Comment

Originally posted by wherrygirl View Post
            How?

by spraying diesel in the exhaust and set it to fire, somehow.

But why would you stop it if it can do the cleaning by itself??.

when the truck is parked and standing at the tarmac, the heat thats come out of it is blowing to the tarmac (exhaust exit) it melts the tarmac.
            then it's better to stop the cyclus ,it's start tiself on again when the sensor measurece
            there is to much soot in it.
            when the truck drives the wind take the heat away

And Is that when it cleans itself or when you clean it or both?
            the inside is clean by itself,i can't do anything inside of it.
            the only part i can clean ,is polish the topplate a stainless steel plate

best regards Thijs

Comment

Ah, thanks Thijs, now I get it. So it's an automatic ongoing process which for safety's sake you can stop when you're parked, but which restarts when you get moving again.
              Do you know, I wonder what your uncles would think were they to see the sort of vehicle their nephew drives nowadays. And to see the incredibly hard, skilled work he puts into it to make it as comfortable as possible to live in on long and often overnight trips. I know I often pull your leg (tease you), but you always amaze me at what you do with that truck, from the electrical wiring to buying curtains to making little tables for things.....
              Just great!
              Ivy

Comment

• janihudi
                janihudi commented
                Editing a comment
                yeah that would be great,for some things.
                but driving rules ,if when i go over the border,there rules have to be followed.
                we are less than serial killers,scum of the earth

• wherrygirl
                wherrygirl commented
                Editing a comment
                Oh, dear, dear.! I'll try and squeeze out a few tears. But not now - I'm off to bed.

• janihudi
                janihudi commented
                Editing a comment
                yes lots of tears. have pity with the truckdrivers.
                we are a dying breed.

OMG... that is a LOT of modifications you have done, and the amount of time is amazing!

You will be so happy when everything is done. Sorry to hear about all the troubles and mistakes made.

But to me, the new truck now looks awesome and personalised.

When will the inaugural journey take place, the maiden voyage?

Be careful and avoid ice-bergs.
              With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
              Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

• janihudi
                janihudi commented
                Editing a comment
                The bumper. Over a meter long.
                D... , f....... antwerp port.
                Sink down in the earth and never come back again.
                Horrible streets there.

• wherrygirl
                wherrygirl commented
                Editing a comment
                Soon repaired/replaced, presumably. But what very bad luck - on a brand new vehicle on which you have spent so much time and money. I remember with my first car, my little Morris Minor, a driver went straight into my front wing on a very narrow lane in icy conditions. It was at the top of a small hill and I was crawling up very slowly because it was treacherous going. She was coming from the opposite direction but seeing me braked too sharply. I gently guided my car into a farm gateway conveniently nearby, not daring to turn the wheel too much. But she still slid into me.
                I remember how I felt, almost in tears. The Morris was 3 years old, but it was my first car and I'd only been driving a short while.

• janihudi
                janihudi commented
                Editing a comment
                yes it's Always the same, avoid every thing that can damage the vehicle,
                and some Murphys law thing ruined everything for you

and then it became saterday.

they would arrive with the new one at 9am at our premmisses for delivery of the truck and the key transfer.
              we (Wesley and I ) arrived at 8.25am and a few minutes later the truck already arrived.
              we salesman of the truck ( not the one that sold the ttruck to us,he was just away for holiday) brought a big box with pastries .

but after that it was a disepetion.

my boss didn't looked like he was much intrested in it al ,didn't want on the phote for the key transfer ,which he Always let his dad do,and his dad hadn't the time probably.
              he went as a thief in the night.
              so the seller was also flabbergasted
              after a cup of coffie and a pastrie the boss signed for delivery and wwent outside to look if everything works.

Unlocking of the sliding 5th wheel turned to be too high.
              we had to go to the garage quickly before they went home

but first fill the tank with diesel.

so this is the only image .pffffffff

best regards Thijs

Comment

at facebook the garage placed a post that they had deliverd a truck to us.
                they had made a few images before they brought it to us,and after bending the unlocking of the shifting 5th wheel ,he mad the key transfer with me ,and Wesley made the image of it.
                what a way to deliver a truck.
                it is a video of 4 images, so i made 4 screenprints ,so i can show it too you.

Zojuist is de nieuwe Mercedes-Benz Actros 2548LS afgeleverd aan T.S.I. Road Cargo B.V.
                Deze zeer complete Actros is uitgerust met GigaSpace cabine, Predictive Powertrain Control , Distance Control , High Performance Engine Brake , Custom made brandstoftank, sideskirts en door chauffeur Thijs ontworpen extra verlichtingitems. Heel veel succes met de nieuwe truck!

Just released is the new Mercedes-Benz Actros 2548LS delivered to T.S.I. Road Cargo B.V.
                This very complete Actros is equipped with GigaSpace cabin, Predictive Powertrain Control, Distance Control, High Performance Engine Brake, Custom made fuel tank, side skirts and by driver Thijs designed additional lighting items. Good luck with the new truck!

best regards Thijs

Comment

best regards Thijs

Comment

back to the company , to pick up some things and replace the wheel rings from white to chrome

yes much better as the white ones

back to home,a lot of stuff to stuff into the truck

the first time behind our yard

best regards Thijs

Comment

Congratulations on your beauty!

Looks absolutely awesome when it's so new and clean!

May you have many miles in the best of luxury, safety and delight, even on the bad roads in Antwerp!.
                      With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
                      Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

with al the little lights on,incl the rotatting warning lights

everything on,exept the led daylight in the bumper ,they are to bright in the dark for other drivers

the lightned star you can't see in the daylight
                        best regards Thijs

Comment

by night

best regards Thijs

Comment

Working...
                          X