Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

placed the cb and connected it

and placed the wires for the rubberduck lightboxes

i also made the red interior lights,a fan cable, a dashcame cable and some cables at the outside in those 3 days
    best regards Thijs

Comment

• pilotdane
      pilotdane commented
      Editing a comment
      I was wondering if the Death Proof Duck would appear somewhere.

• janihudi
      janihudi commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes ,that will come in there again.
      But i first have to make a new table for it.

after i asked them how long that chrome plate would be last so low, they reduce it by the half of it,about 4 cm higher now as in post #14/2

lots of things done ,nothing to see though

after my 3 days it was parked in the corner,waiting for the licence check,
    but that would take to long,so they send it to the paintshop .
    best regards Thijs

Comment

So what happened about the wheels?
      Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
      Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

• janihudi
        janihudi commented
        Editing a comment
        they change them for others, they had to. they where to wide.
        and they take them now with the small holes in them.

• wherrygirl
        wherrygirl commented
        Editing a comment
        OK. Are there always errors, mis-ordering, poor organisation in jobs etc. etc. in the garages, or have they just singled out Thijs and decided to play him up!

First of all, CONGRATULATIONS on your new truck!

The truck looks awesome! Really interesting to see all the customisation you have done and are planning to do.

The new diesel tank was 680 litres, how much was the original tank?

36 meters of cabling done! WOW, that is a lot of electrical work.

I'm having done some cabling work done on my car too but not in any way near what you are doing.

Happy trucking, Thijs... all you new now is to get it blessed by a Thai Buddhist monk!
      With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
      Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

• janihudi
        janihudi commented
        Editing a comment
        thank you.

a lot needs to be done ,but al at a time

the Original tank was 450 liters,there is of this model a bigger one,a 730 liter tank, but than it will be lower to the earth

the sizes of the truck is some bigger than a car

well i spend already 2 nights in it,so it's blessed by THIJS driving monk

It;s nice that you are having burr finishes again. You worked hard on making that burr finish table in the old HC. And if you had to sleep in the HC recently I bet you found that huge fan useful.
      Let's see the blue curtains and the cloud curtain up in their places.
      How do you find the truck generally, Thijs? Both to drive, its handling and also to "live" in?
      Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
      Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

Originally posted by wherrygirl View Post
        It;s nice that you are having burr finishes again. You worked hard on making that burr finish table in the old HC. And if you had to sleep in the HC recently I bet you found that huge fan useful.

but now I had to pay for it,and those little pieses aren't cheap,though it's including the leather steering wheel.
        the fan i had blowing this week for the first time over night,but i have to bring it back,it's not gooing sideways.

L
        et's see the blue curtains and the cloud curtain up in their places.

they will come,keep calm. ( i see those bords every day at facebook, keep calm and …….)

How do you find the truck generally, Thijs? Both to drive, its handling and also to "live" in?
        the truck is great and drives great,but in the long turnings i'm not that confident at the moment,but new tyres ,new truck ,not that ''feeling'' of it which i had at the old HC
        but it will come,to much affraid of damages.

best regards Thijs

Comment

he had to be ready at thursday,because of the licence inspection ,and when he came back that thursday from the painter,boy oh boy so many things went wrong.

they painted the wrong sunviser. the garage forgot the lay the other sunviser in the cab before they brought it to the painter.
          there would come one with 4 spot lights in it.
          a expensive mistake for the garage. it costs me between 150 and 200 euros to let it paint. yes on my own account,the sunviser with the spot lights i get from my boss,because the grilled chicken trucks have 4 in there front,so to compare that i got this sun viser,but the paint job is my command

the black pieces in the bumper were painted too

see here the original look

http://www.captainsvoyage-forum.com/...ser#post211322
          Last edited by janihudi; July 28th, 2018, 23:46.
          best regards Thijs

Comment

the skirt was painted white

the tank was in two colors painted,white and silver.

but in a stupid way,now i'm not a painter,but this is not the way i think it should been done.
            it's a aluminum tank,so silfergrey of it's own,what did they do?
            they painted the tank white,and the top silver.
            but in front of the wheel there is no mudscreen,the pebbels and sand and al other picked up from the street will be trowend at the tank,the white paint dissapeares and the aluminum tankcolor show up again.
            if the painted it complete silver and the side white it wouldend show up that much,silver paint dissapeares ,the tank is also silver colored.
            best regards Thijs

Comment

mistake numer pffff lost counting

the painted the wheel rings bleu instead of white
              (not a big problem for me,i would replaced them for the chrome rings,but my boss insisted that the truck must be delivered with white rings)

and the name ''Highway Cruiser'' is back on the road again

even more mistakes, ''our'' vessel is sailing backwards

best regards Thijs

Comment

but finally monday i started with the job of building many extra lights on him

those 5 toplights costed me the whole monday.
                a lot of measurements ,Climbing up and down the rolling scaffold and even then just high enough,
                but at the end of the day they all were mounted and connected to the maincable

you can see many loose ends of cables, but they were allready placed everywhere.
                also placed the last meters of cable outside at the chassis that day
                every day i was in the garage between 7.30am and 7.45am ,monday i left around 6,45pm
                best regards Thijs

Comment

some spaghetty

3 cables from each side connected to 2 main cables to the fusebox
                  you won't see those wires,there wil come a catwalk over the chassis

thusday i placed the 4 corner lights

best regards Thijs

Comment

painted the wheels thin bleu lines,also some replaced bolds and nuts

to see is that the bolts at the right side near the 5th wheel are bleu,while the left side are still silver,just as the snowchain hooks waren't painted at the paintshop.
                    the outside lights are good to see here. here i left the garage to go home. time, 21.45pm

best regards Thijs

Comment

wednesday i began with placing 10 led lights in the grille
                      this was a test place,where to place them, finally not here,the light was directed to the sky,not the light output i wanted,thatswhy the cable to the battery

8 led costs me the whole day, mesaurement where to place them ,how to place them,drilling the big holes , place silicon kit arround them
                      also dilled the holes for 2 extra orange side leds behind the front wheel

having a break in the cantine,spot the HC

best regards Thijs

Comment

and every i saw something what wassn't right.

the tank bracketts weren't painted.

see the grey bracketts under the tank

also here the grey parts behind the tank

best regards Thijs

Comment

the 4 leds placed in the lower grille part and connected,with a test wire

8 of ten placed

costs me almost the whole day, went home at 9,45pm

best regards Thijs

Comment

Working...
                          X