6517th HMK M*A*S*H Kristiansund, Norway

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

6517th HMK M*A*S*H Kristiansund, Norway

So, what's this now then, from that crazy guy in Kristiansund?

Well, we (the Historic Military Vehicle Society, from now on referred to as HMK) participated in the 'Bilens Dag' staged by the local Amcar club Saturday.
    As it was 69 years to the day since the birth of the two Korean states, we thought it would be nice to have a theme of our exhibition of old military vehicles this time.
    And so was born the idea of a M*A*S*H camp, as we all love the tv-series.

Why 6517th? The camp was set Saturday in an area with the postal code 6517 Kristiansund, nothing more to it. HMK and M*A*S*H are both self explanatory.

As we started the rigging, we thought one had worked too hard. But it was only Max..., a stiff used for display on a stretcher
    SSL23821 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

My wagon, for the time marked as the field priests car (everyone in this gang pick up a role, and since I way, way back once thought about being a priest, I picked that one)
    SSL23825 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Just let me present to you the Father himself (haha). Picture taken by a journalist from Brunsvika Nytt
    feltprest by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

My field wagon parked beside one marked with the cavalery's insignia (yellow and green plate). My car has the original reg.number plate from when it was first registered to the Royal Norwegian Army in 1963
    SSL23829 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

As in the tv-series, we too had to have a signpost
    SSL23831 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

SSL23832 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Don't know if all of you are familiar with the ice front between Kristiansund and Molde, but "Front line" is the small place Batenfjorden between the two rivals, and "Enemy HQ" is of course the Molde City Hall
    SSL23833 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Nope, this is not one of the surgeons, this is the kitchen chief assistant
    SSL23836 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Last edited by Sterkoder; September 11th, 2017, 12:29.
    "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Norway also participated in the Korean conflict. They had a field hospital, NORMASH, there from 1951 to 1954.
    SSL23837 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

My small wall tent temporarily in operation as a past operation recovery room. Our dummy Max is still rather quiet
    SSL23838 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

One of our Dodge WC51s
    SSL23848 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Our field kitchen and recreational area
    SSL23849 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

A tent for 8-10 soldiers, a small platoon or "lag" as is the closest Norwegian word I can come up with
    SSL23850 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Our local version of the M*A*S*H is up and running
    SSL23856 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Waiting for the incoming. Do we hear helicopters in the distance...?
    SSL23858 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

SSL23861 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr
    Last edited by Sterkoder; September 11th, 2017, 12:34.

Comment

The 6517th as seen from the west
      SSL23865 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

An overview of our "wannabe" M*A*S*H
      SSL23867 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

A fellow member took pictures while the "vicar" had to take responsibility in the kitchen (please don't laugh ;-) )
      21462331_10155923600449610_417066806119009979_n by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

21462316_10155923600459610_8899103057893823141_n by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

That's all folks!
      Last edited by Sterkoder; September 11th, 2017, 14:47.

Comment

How awesome, Mr. Sterkoder... you have certainly found an interest that you seem to both enjoy and prosper in!

And that big smile under the helmet clearly shows that you are enjoying yourself. Keep at it!
        With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
        Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com
        Old forum: http://captainsvoyage.7.forumer.com/
        Join us: Save the "Kong Olav" on facebook

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

• Sterkoder
          Sterkoder commented
          Editing a comment
          Well, prosper..., I don't know. But thanks anyway ;-)
          This is a very nice way to kind of play a role and to get away from the ordinary life, be among friends who share the same interest, to present the public our military and armed forces history (important to preserve and never forget) and so on.
          And there are of course our week-end meetings where we enjoy life around the camp fire with a beer in hand.
          These things are what I refer to as "life boats"...., to create and participate in things one can think back on and use as positive inspiration when the life itself may be a bit hard and rough.
      Working...
      X