No announcement yet.

Historic Military Vehicles

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Historic Military Vehicles Association, the Møre and Romsdal County dept. had its seson 2017 opening yesterday at the shopping mall area near the Kristiansund airport.
    I was assigned the responsibility for the meeting, so the first thing I did was to get a friend to contact the estate owner to get permission for use of the area. Then I mede a call to the God of Weather to make sure we had sunshine and blue skies

We started to gather at around 10 AM

Same procedure as last year...., the flagpole strut ropes in a big endless knot. But with the help of eight hands, the knot broke in minutes

Some use their military vehicle to teach their son to drive

We have a field kitchen where we make coffee, soup and at the same time can fire up a grill.

The field kitchen is operational with fire wood, so it generate some radiant heat

Then the clouds broke and we got the blue skies we wanted

"IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

One of the guys tried out his pup tent for the first time

I erected my 7,5 square meter tent. Airport in the background and we had Glenn Miller Band out of the speakers...

We're beginning to get settled in

The weather was nice, but there was a somewhat cold north easterly wind. Hot soup is always a treat in those conditions

A 1968 Volvo former ambulance, now being rebuilt as a radio/communication car. Owned by two brothers, one of them happily presenting the car here

Comment

Getting your splendid vehicle and joining the very active association has become a super hobby for you hasn't it .
        Great to see more photos and I must admit I find the NOT “blue skies” much more dramatic and suitable a backdrop for these outdoor exploits

Comment

• Sterkoder
          Sterkoder commented
          Editing a comment
          I agree, I like skyscapes more than just blue skies. We up here call it a blue sky when we see something blue among the "cotton" ;-)
          Yes, the veteran military vehicle associatio has become a great hobby for me.
          I have two (actually three) really big hobbies; photography, a rather solitaire endevour...., and the direct opposite, the historic military vehicles, a rather social activity :-) The third? Aviation and aircraft ;-)

I like to watch them also, although that military stuff is not mine. I've been working during the last weeks first on dismountiing a rotten mg midget and now exchange the nezter parts into my red one. Foolish, i alsways forget to take pictures. Tüv examination is waiting. But before we will have a trip with our campervan to ireland. Thank you, dear sterkoder, to be so disciplined and send so regularly reports. Highly appreciated and each time a wane up call for me. Stay tuned, i wil do. etter during summer.
        Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

Sorry struggling with writing and editing on my i-phone. It will improve.
          Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

Well, as for the military stuff...., some men become boys again, and we're never to old to have fun. (The only difference between boys and men: the toys get bigger). Some of the military enthusiasts are also members of classic car associations, Amcar and mc clubs, so we have a wide variety of interests
            Good luck with the rotten MG and have a nice vacation over there in Ireland

Comment

• Ralf__
              Ralf__ commented
              Editing a comment
              You are so right. Will try to post some pictures of the midgets during the weekend. And there will be some kind of report from ireland. Big promise!
          Working...
          X