X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sterkoder
    started a topic VOLVO FELT, 1/2 ton, 4x4, Mod. L3314

VOLVO FELT, 1/2 ton, 4x4, Mod. L3314

Volvo Felt, as it was called in the Royal Norwegian Armed Forces when used from the early 1960s to the early 1990s, or Valp as it was called in Sweden (help me out here Tommi).
    This is a very popular vehicle among military vehicle fans and veteran vehicle collectors in Norway. The word Felt simply means Field.
    Why would I start a new thread for this little car?

Well, I had a few things going on in my life in the last month or so, only Ralf and his lovely family knows, so to get new thoughts and new energy..., and maybe to get to know new people in a new environment...., I simply purchased one today. Yepp, I just did...

My individ, registered H-4596, is a 1962 model with 69.790 kilometers on the meter. It got fresh paint, a new top cover with new doors and new tires..., and it cost NOK 40.000,-.
    Crazy...?
    Don't think so. I've always wanted a Volvo Felt ever since I was in school, and in the 40 years since that, I've always turned my head smileing whenever I saw one in the street or on a parkinglot.

For now it's parked at the salesman near Drammen, but in a week or so, I'll have it on a car transport trailer and then I will have my own pictures of the car.
    meanwhile, here's the salesmans pictures of the Valp :-)

Last edited by Sterkoder; September 11th, 2017, 21:28.

• pakarang
    replied
    Very nicely done, Sterkoder - the reflection of the water makes your car look double. Nice effect indeed.

Leave a comment:

• pilotdane
    replied
    Beautiful photos of a nice looking truck.

Leave a comment:

• Ralf__
    replied
    Nice results for "just an i-phone". Well done!

Leave a comment:

• Sterkoder
    replied
    Drove my Volvo Felt to the gravel pit north of the airport tonight. Only brought my iPhone, so here are three pictures from the mobile camera.

Felt1 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

​​​​​​Felt2 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

​​​​​​Felt3 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Leave a comment:

• Sterkoder
    commented on 's reply
    Thank you :-)
    I'm not too eager to edit my pictures much when I use my Pentax, but when I use iPhone..., oh, that's a hole new ballgame.
    Picture #2 is cropped just a little bit, and I've used some effects; HDR (25%, belive it or not), Vintage, soft-focus and just a tiny bit of vignett (barely seen).
    If I'd thought things through before I took the picture, I would've changed my number plate to the original yellowy military one, 11324.
    (That's the original military registration it got 15. July 1963 after rolling off the production line in June 1963).
    Then it would most certainly look like a vintage photo from the days it was operative.

• pakarang
    replied
    Picture number 2 especially appeals to my senses and my mind... very well captured and perfectly (suitably) edited!.

Leave a comment:

• Sterkoder
    commented on 's reply
    Thank you, Tommi.
    They are all iPhone-pictures and all put through certain effects. But the spot was perfect, kind of a tree tunnel giving very nice and soft light.

• Tommi
    commented on 's reply
    A nice feeling in those picures!

• Sterkoder
    replied
    A few pictures of my Volvo field wagon shot with my iPhone yesterday afternoon in my neighborhood

​​​​​​35236693_10156767366134610_8236870327305502720_n by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

​​​​​​35226261_10156767366114610_2323819994263060480_n by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

​​​​​​35298467_10156767366144610_387939227339325440_n by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

​​​​​​35158899_10156767366149610_4547565622736715776_n by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Leave a comment:

• Sterkoder
    commented on 's reply
    These are just some weeks old. I will not reload my lost pictures to flickr, as I'm 54 years old now and can't afford to use time on that. Glad you liked them :-)

• pakarang
    replied
    Nice shots!

Glad you re-uploaded these to flickr. I don't know if that is something I can spend time on... I have literally thousands of images that now really soon will all be replaced with that ugly ransom note from Photobucket.

Leave a comment:

• Ralf__
    replied
    Yeees, we will need to get back our stuff bit for bit...

Leave a comment:

• Sterkoder
    replied
    I see all my Photobucket pictures are gone, so here are a couple from Flickr, as I was out in the woods one day

SSL21933 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

SSL21931 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Leave a comment:

• pakarang
    replied
    Excellent report Sterkoder. There is a certain aura, a certain nostalgic feeling when looking at the shots.... I'm sure you are feeling the same thing when on the road and at the camp. Additionally, there is a part of me that almost expects the characters from the series MASH to pop into any shot now.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X