No announcement yet.

VOLVO FELT, 1/2 ton, 4x4, Mod. L3314

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Volvo field wagon displayed at the Bilens and Motorsykkelens dag 7. May, with original military reg. 11324 from July 1963 :-)

The area designated to the Historic Military Vehicle Association
    Last edited by Sterkoder; August 9th, 2016, 11:38.
    "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

• nari
      nari commented
      Editing a comment
      What a beautiful vehicle.

I don't know what happened to the two pictures in #31. I have never deleted nor moved any of my pictures...

Anyway, last weekend the historical military vehicle club went on a tour to Melland just north of Aure, 6 miles from Kristiansund.
    We were 14 vehicles in total and 22 persons attending what became known as the summer meet at Camp Rimfrost (Camp Cold) due to the night temperature and freezing northerly wind
    Here we are just arrived Tømmervåg at Tustna

I soon found my place in the field

Then the rest arrived with a later landing craft (car ferry ;-) )

The camp is getting ready for the Friday night BBQ and beer call :-)

It's very social

Some of the members and their cars at Fort Melland at Skardsøya island (Googable) In case anyone wonder: Sterkoder is that 'little tiny guy' nr. 5 from the right (haha)

A nice newly painted old Volvo Field wagon, ex. ambulance now being restored as a radiocommunication station

My Volvo and a trailer I had to pull home for a friend who got a small problem with his car
    Last edited by Sterkoder; August 9th, 2016, 11:40.

Comment

On road 357 we made a stop to say goodbye to the one visiting car from Trøndelag

At Tømmervåg waiting for our landig craft to bring us over to Kristiansund

10 cars took up a little space on deck of the landing craft BJØRNSUND

Comment

A couple of days ago, I bought myself a small wall 7,5 m² tent which I will take to meetings and whenever we are on overnight trips with our vehicles.
        The tent was originally used by the U.S. Army during WW2, and after the war by the Norwegian Army for some years.

Had to go for a drive tonight to test my new rear view mirrors. The vehicle is made in a way that if I take down the top of my front doors, the mirrors go with them.
        That mean I had to get a couple of removable mirrors to use in nice hot weather when I take off the top door panels. The Volvo Felt was originally delivered with round mirrors, so I think these fit very well.

Comment

Riding that thing must be a whole lot of fun, right?

Now, for the tent.... that is an old tent!
          With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
          Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com
          Old forum: http://captainsvoyage.7.forumer.com/
          Join us: Save the "Kong Olav" on facebook

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Driving the field wagon is nothing less than a big joy, specially with the doors off during the summertime.
            I can take down the roof and wind shield window too, so that the back of the seats are the highest point, but that is for when the real heat struck, and it take some effort too :-)
            Despite it being a real piece of Norwegian army heritage (as it is nr. 1 off the production line at Raufoss Ammunisjonsfabrikk), it's also a big boys toy ;-)

As for the tent, it's in good condition...., ice cold like a freezer when cold weather and hot like a pizza owen when a few marks above zero.
            Wonder how it was to have this as the only option during a difficult time back in '42? And what history could this small-wall tent tell if it could speak, where has it been and what has it seen??

Comment

I hope that I some day will have the chance to be invited for a ride on it: even if only for a few minutes!

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Oh, don't worry, you are hereby invited!
                Now, we only have to find the time and place....

Comment

Sounds great - I'll keep that in mind for later!

Comment

If you're offering rides I might have to buy a plane ticket.

Comment

My field wagon is registered for 7 persons incl. driver, so this might be a fun future ride :-)

Comment

Oh yes! ...a CVF cruise on wheels!

Comment

Up until 1992, this was part of the main road in and out of Kristiansund. This is the ferry dock in Kvisvik.

On the island Aspøya south of Kristiansund, I found a gravel/sand pit. The temtation to go off-road driving was strong, but I don't like doing it alone, as there would not be any help at hand should I make a bad move and get stuck, or even worse, roll around down a slope.

On the same island, between Gjengset and Ulset, there is a nice looking forest which made perfect backdrop for my Volvo

On the east side of island Bergsøy with the view out Freifjorden with Aspøya to the right

Comment

It's approaching wintertime and I decided to take the top off my Volvo to back the car into my garage. The car wouldn't want to end the season just yet, so it refused to start.
                            Had to push and pull by my own force to get it inside, and today I spent the day troubleshooting. Ended up by changeing the ignitionplugs, distributor cover and ignition pins (fireing pins?).
                            Anyway, it started so easy I almost just had to show the key...
                            Had to take it for a spin then, and what a day to drive in a cab

A short iPhone photo shoot down by the Viken farm

Comment

• pilotdane
                              pilotdane commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Hopefully it will not be the last nice day of the season.

• Tommi
                              Tommi commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Looks like an awesome day for an excursion.

As the weather forcast suggest, the high pressure will stay over Scandinavia, and there will be sunshine from blue sky and almost no wind at least until next Wednesday.
                            Today we tried to gather members and drive into town for a coffee and waffles meeting, and despite the fact that it is the autumn holiday in this part of the country now, we were four cars and eight good people
                            (These are all iPhone-pictures, uploaded with 25-30% HDR)

Inside the café KAFFEBRENNERIET - Handelshuset Patrick Volckmar AS in Vågen. A very cosy place with interior from the good old days, and a place they make Kristiansunds own coffee, VARDE

Our small group enjoying waffles with strawberry jam and sour creem and very good coffee

Two Volvos and two Willys Jeep

H-4596 belongs to yours truly
                            Kaffebrenneriet - Handelshuset Patrick Volckmar AS, Kristiansund, Norway. 1045 liker dette · 14 snakker om dette · 411 har vært her. Restaurant/kafé

Comment

• pilotdane
                              pilotdane commented
                              Editing a comment
                              That would be a fun sight to see driving through town. I don't know which I would ride in. I'm american so I should pick the Jeep but I have never seen a Felt in person let alone gotten a ride in one.

• Sterkoder
                              Sterkoder commented
                              Editing a comment
                              I've already invited our Captain for a Felt ride whenever he's in town (during the season...., not slippery roads), so I'm happy to give you the same :-)
                              You know, the Volvo Felt has been on my wishlist since I was about 10 or 12 years old, so a JEEP was never considered.
                              And I tell you what, between us, after I became a member of the Historical Military Vehicles Society, I discovered that Willy's/Ford JEEPs was a car you could get 13 of on a dusin. In other words, we have enough of them here ;-)
                              The only Volvo Felt I know of in the USA, is an all white UN marked one, owned by a Norwegian in Connecticut.
                          Working...
                          X