No announcement yet.

VOLVO FELT, 1/2 ton, 4x4, Mod. L3314

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry to hear that about your mother. As we were very close to that some weeks ago, please accept of heartful condolences.
    My British car of course has all in inches.... but that is not better as having a mixture, believe me. I guess that is why an adjustable spanner is called in German "Engländer"....
    So we will both need an additional tool box. But this passion is a never ending story.
    Have fun. So do I. And at least we always have stories to tell.
    Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

Thanks Ralf, for the condolences. Thanks.

At aircraft mechanic school in the RNoAF at Kjevik, Kristiansand...., the instructor held an ajustable spanner up in the air and asked if anyone could tell him what that was... A wise head in class said 'skiftnøkkel' (adjustable spanner), and then the instructor said; -"Listen, listen carefully (almost like in 'Allo-Allo', the tv-series), I will say this only one single time while you are studying here. This is Satans Verktøy (The Devils Tool) !!!" Later, I know he was right :-)
      And as for veteran vehicles of any kind, you are correct Ralf..., the stories are endless :-D
      "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

My Volvo has now gotten its Brigade Nord emblem (black shield with white reindeer), tactical marking (red/blue/red) Royal Norwegian Army Weapon Technical Corps, and its original military registration number from July 1963 in classic yellow military layout. Next will be to paint in black 11N in the tactical plate :-)

Comment

Thought I'd try some 'zoom blur' today

Then it was time for a drive up to the gravelpit behind the airport

Airport control tower in the background

Saw a motif as I drove past another area in the pit, but it demanded boots and a tripod ;-)

There has not been any nicer looking field wagon in the Norwegian Army inventory, ever.... :-)

Comment

• Tommi
            Tommi commented
            Editing a comment
            Such nice light!

Big boys and their toys...,

Comment

Yes, Ralf..., so true

The day before, there were similar light conditions and absolutely no movement in the air, so that pond was TOTALLY like a mirror. But that evening I only had sneakers and the tripod was home with my other car, so...

The Volvo Felt has become a family member, and as my daughter Vilde put it: -"When you look at the front part..., it's almost like the Volvo has....., a soul...".
            She couldn't be more correct. I take more care of my field wagon now than my Toyota Auris

And one more thing: after a "certain day at work"..., nothing brings back the smile in my face and a relaxed mood like taking the Volvo Felt out for a spin

Comment

We had a social week-end at work these past two days, at Averøy. I could not resist taking my Volvo out for a spin, and when the time came to return home, I drove via Atlantic Road. Had to take a few pictures

Beautiful area here at the Atlantic Road

Comment

Nice "moody" images of your Volvo!
                With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
                Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com
                Old forum: http://captainsvoyage.7.forumer.com/
                Join us: Save the "Kong Olav" on facebook

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Which flag is now waving at the car? I am constantly thinking about mounting something like this at my Midget, since he is not higher than a childs bicycle and therefore hardly visible in heavy traffic...

Comment

What's waving at the car is the society pennant for HMKF (HMVS: Historic Military Vehicles Society) :-)

Comment

• Ralf__
                      Ralf__ commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Alright. So this is not usable for me...

The season for night shots is here again..., and tonight I took my Volvo fieldwagon (officially named Pondus, after the Norwegian cartoon) to a place not far from my home where there were not too much light pollution.
                    It seems like I brought a spotlight, but the fact is that I put my camera on 'bulb' (I'm the master of the shutter) and "painted" my car in the light from a small flashlight.
                    Finally, I had to try to write with the flashlight too. First time ever I did this, moving fast, from left to right , mirroring the letters and switching the light on and off between letters. But it was fun

Here we go

Hope to do better with the flashlight writing some day...

Comment

Originally posted by Ralf__ View Post
                      Which flag is now waving at the car? I am constantly thinking about mounting something like this at my Midget, since he is not higher than a childs bicycle and therefore hardly visible in heavy traffic...
                      Here is how the flag used on ALL small vehicles used withing the mine area at Lihir Island, PNG looks like, red with a white cross:

Why do they have to fly a flag? Because the big dump trucks moving around, who cannot see anything close in front of them.
                      So, same logic as you used for a flag on your small Midget, only on a different scale.

In Singapore the warning flag used when transporting long and/or wide cargo on the roads etc. is a red and white checkered flag like this:

It is also used on tower cranes as an air craft warning.

But maybe you want something more fancy??

Comment

Not that the red and white checkered flag is not fancy, but I'd rather fly a flag that can be connected to my little green vehicle. Not sure what flag they use for long and/or wide load here, but I'm pretty sure about the all red one, for explosives

Now, today I received the nr. 1/2016 issue of the Historic Military Vehicle Association magazine, "Mud & Snow". Why do I mention that?

Well, they had an article about the very first Volvo Felt out of the Norwegian factory Raufoss Ammunisjon...., mine

All photos taken and text written by yours truly

Last edited by Sterkoder; February 3rd, 2016, 21:01.

Comment

• Tommi
                          Tommi commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Isn't it great to get that kind of work in your hands?

Nice newspaper-holder btw! :-D

• Sterkoder
                          Sterkoder commented
                          Editing a comment
                          It's great all right..., and the funny thing is, even though I wrote it myself, and knew every word, I also read every word like a new and interesting article :-)

Acer newspaper-holder, thanks ;-)

...and the exclusive CV - circle was "life" onboard, when this story happened. That is great to have a veteran car which was mentioned in a magazine. Very handsome if you will ever sell the car. Gives some extra-bucks!

Somehow i did not notice the flag story by Ombugge. Thanks for that! Really amazing. I like that design. I will think about it....

Comment

• Sterkoder
                          Sterkoder commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Thanks, Ralf :-)
                          Understand what you mean when you write "...if you will ever sell the car", but you know, I belive I will never sell.
                          the reason is that I managed to get a hold of the very first car 100% built at Raufoss Ammo factory for the Norwegian Army, and the car was "born" in mid June 1963, just like me.
                          In Norway a car, is a car, is a car..., and we think nothing much of it when we change a car.
                          In USA and Canada, a car is a family member with a history, and when it's not to be used any more, they rather store it than trash it.
                          I think I have a "USA- and Canadian" way of looking at my old military veteran car ;-)

Tomorrow, Saturday 7th May 2016, there will be a huge exhibition of cars and motorcykles again. The Volvo Felt is being prepared, and just in time came the final touch...., a replica AG-3 army automatic rifle. This is an electrical softgun called Jing Jong G3A3 J100 T3-K3 and it shoot small 6 mm plastic bullets fired by a battery package.
                        Anyway, I have not installed the bullets nor batteries, because all I want with this is to be a vital part of the "diorama" around my car. This weapon came from Röda Stjärnan in Stockholm :-)

Comment

Working...
                        X