Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Bilens- og Motorsykkelens Dag (Car- and Motorcycle Day) in Kristiansund Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bilens- og Motorsykkelens Dag (Car- and Motorcycle Day) in Kristiansund

What started as a small gathering of Amcars and a few english classics back in early 2000s, staged at a parkinglot outside of the city senter, near the airport...., has now grown so big that the city senter of Kristiansund is sealed off and made a scene for all kinds of vehicles.
    Saturday 9. May saw this years arrangement, and car/bike owners from all over the country came to visit..., and exhibit their rides.
    There were military historical vehicles, Amcars, classic European, Corvette clubs, Volvo clubs, motorbikes and above all, as a second arrangement and by luck the same day, the gathering of over 20 of the finest veteran firetrucks in Norway. The weather was nice, and my Pentax nearly went overload. Here we go, enjoy :-)
    (I'm posting from my job pc, so comments to each picture will come, some right away, some later)

Historiske Militære Kjøretøyers Forening (Historical Military Vehicle Society)

Willy's jeeps are popular among military car collectors

GMC mobile anti-aircraft truck, one of two in the world. The other is restored in France, as this was originally a french "invention". The French did not have mobile anti-aircraft firepower, so they mounted a cannon on some US GMC trucks, made from what they had of equipment near by, so every one was different when operational.

A former Norwegian Army GMC M6 (Some of these cars looks well worn, but remember they are mostly under restauration "as we speak" )

A so called MUTT (The Willy's of Vietnam War). I belive MUTT stands for Military Utility Transport and Terrain). This is a joint production by Ford, AM General and a third company I can't remember right now, and it's produced in 1970.
    This particular one was left by US forces in Vietnam, and only a couple of years ago brought to Kristiansund via Sweden. It has since then been restored and stand here like just out of fabrication.

A long time dream of mine, to get my own Volvo Valp, or Volvo-jeep, as it became known in the Royal Norwegian armed forces
    Last edited by Sterkoder; May 11th, 2015, 09:59.
    "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Would you belive it, this cab played a role in the 2010 movie INCEPTION with Leonardo DiCaprio, Michael Caine and Tom Berenger. Hence the bullet holes...
    The owner brought the car over to Kristiansund together with a genuine Highway Patrol police car from City of Eureka, California

One of many bikes, and special looking helmets (all Government approved, by the way)

From the lineup of Volvos in Hauggata street

A classic Volkswagen Caravan (I belive) from the 1960s

Skolegata, a designeted street for European classics

Comment

An old very well taken care of VW Beetle

A Mazda with original Japeneese reguistration numbers. (They were snap-ons, easily switched with the legal Norwegian ones)

In another street there were a lot of bikes of all kinds

In Storgata street we had the Chevy Corvettes parked

And in Kaibakken we had all of the Amcars and local Amcar Club, established 7. May 1975. What a 40th annivercary celebration...

Comment

A Dodge Charger

It's almost 08:00 here now and job start, but let me just take you back to the classic street before I log out

Comment

The event started at 10:00 and last until 16:00. I was out at 08:15 to be able to take pictures of the cars, not all the people in between the objects and my camera.

Here's an old Scania- Vabis from our former local cargo- and bus company. This one was used between Kristiansund and Åndalsnes, and it often pulled a one axled trailer behind.

Then there were fire trucks, and old men became children again! :-)
          Kristiansund fire dept. has five old veteran cars itself, and crew with authentic clothes. Kristiansund also owns the oldest and best preserved one, an old Leyland from 1925.

Here's Kristiansunds newest addition to the veteran fire truck collection, a model 1931 Ford A, actually shown to the public for the very first time after restauration in a ceremony
          Friday evening 8. May. Talk about timeing...

Leading the way in a convoy to the exhibition area at Kongens Plass

Kristiansund fire dept.s Leyland of 1925

Bergen fire dept. I belive it is a LaFayette

KristiansAnds fire dept.

A salute from Kristiansand.

GMC Ladder from Kristiansund

More fire trucks to come folks, but I also have to work a little bit ;-)

Comment

To continue the fire trucks, here's one from the Brannmuseet i Oslo, (Oslo Firedept. Museum)

A crew wagon from Bergen

Then came a Magirus-Deutz Ladder from Bergen

The old Ford from our own Kristiansund firedept.

Also from Kristiansund, the old Willy's, operational a long way into the 1990s

Skodje firedept. LandRover

A Dodge Ladder from Sandnes, if I remember correct

Tingvoll firedept. late, but good :-)

Comment

They all rounded up at Kongens Plass for exhibition and the public to take a closer look

In the background is the Kristiansund firedept. latest addition, a brand new, just a couple of months old, Scania Ladder/rescue basket

A Indiana from Tønsberg firedept.

Kristiansand firedept. and an enthusiast from the city down south

The new truck in Kristiansund

Then there was a firedrill ala 1920s. Kristiansunds 1931 Ford A in the lead...

Comment

A little bit "this and that" as I round off my postings from the week-ends happening

Details from the military vehicle stand

The drivers position in a Volvo jeep (Valp)

Inside of the red and white VW Caravan

The cattle inside the VW. Details to 110% perfection :-)

That was all, folks. Hope you enjoyed :-D

Comment

Has motorism gone too far when the city is filled up with vehicles?

Lots to see and explore.
                  I just have to comment that blue Ford Taunus, my uncle had just one like that when I was a kid. The only car that I have managed to get myself locked in to...

Comment

a lot a great cars,restored or not,they al have there own charm
                    best regards Thijs

Comment

Yes, you could lock yourself both in and out of cars before. I have sentral lock, remote operated by a click on the key handle. Everyday, when the key is in the egnition and the car engine is running..., I wait for the "bip-bip" sound of the car locking me out when for example I stop and get out of the car to pick up the mail or something :-)

Comment

A very nice collection of great vehicles there... and there is one winner in my book!

The VW Caravan!

I believe the Type two which was produced between 1950 and 1967 had a split front window which could be opened like in your photo (I may remember incorrectly though... ). 1.1 liter engine I think.

Thumbs up for a great collection from the city by the water!
                        With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
                        Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com
                        Old forum: http://captainsvoyage.7.forumer.com/
                        Join us: Save the "Kong Olav" on facebook

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

I agree with you on that VW.
                          From one of the first ever Bilens Dag, back in 2007, let me give you two VW Transporters with that split front window.
                          The white and light blue one is a model 1961 (1.2 liter), while the grey/browne one is a model 1967 (1.5 liter)

Comment

I actually saw one of these, in a light blue color on second hand website finn.no a few years ago.... fully restored and in amazing condition.

Asking price was at the time 200.000 NOK.

Fair, when thinking all the restoration work that had been done. It looked absolutely immaculate. I wish I had bought it!

I guess I would, if it wasn't for the 6-8 months of winter we have here in this country.
                            With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
                            Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com
                            Old forum: http://captainsvoyage.7.forumer.com/
                            Join us: Save the "Kong Olav" on facebook

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Bilens- og Motorsykkelens Dag 2016, 7. May.
                              I did not get around as much as last year, because I had my own car exhibited this time, with replica weapons and all, so I had to keep an eye on it every now and then.
                              Since my car also is a former Royal Norwegian Army vehicle, you might see more military vehicle pictures this year than last time. Anyway..., here we go:

My Volvo field wagon about to get ready for display, as the day before I got my AG-3 by Kongsberg Våpenfabrikk in the appearance og a Jing Gong G3A3 softgun

This is how it all looked at the day of the exhibition. Yellow register number 11324 is the actual number the car received when off the production line at Raufoss in June 1963.

One of the Dodges got a replica 12,7 machine gun mounted

Another Dodge just got finished from restauration the night before

After two years of restoration, "Miss Fury" was also finished just in time..., in fact only one hour before the exhibition opened

A Zündap with a MG-3 machine gun mounted on the side-car marked in the WW2 German Desert forces of Erwin Rommel

We were four Volvo field wagons on display that day

Comment

Working...
                              X