Spring Meeting 2014 of the Indre Nordmøre Veteranvogn Klubb

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring Meeting 2014 of the Indre Nordmøre Veteranvogn Klubb

A couple of weeks later than usual, INVK met for their spring 'kick-off' at Sunndalsøra, and as usual..., I was there with my PENTAX and fully loaded batteries :-)

In Kristiansund we had not so good weather conditions, an as I made a stop to capture a lighter condition over Tingvoll as seen from Road 70 near the floating bridge, I had higher hopes for much better weather in Sunndal.

At Ålvundfossen I took a picture out Ålvundfjord, looking towards Vågbø and Tingvoll from the other side, so to speak

View from the exhibition area at Trædal towards Sunndalsøra and the fjord. Hydro Aluminium to the right.

Then there was time for some car pictures! The Vårtreff 2014 (Spring Meet) started 10:00 in the morning with the cars gathering at the old Øra school for the public to see. Then they had a 'rebusløp' (some sort of a race with questionare) collecting points for the later handling out of pocals and diplomas.
    For the locals and others knowing of the area, they usually have their coffee break and waffles at Holseidet, a large roadrest area half way down the valley.
    Where I find it best to take pictures, is at the final post, post #6 of the questionare, and where they all comes in for dinner and evening party at Trædal Turisthotell.
    What happens here is that they all walk down to the foodtent, and leave their cars alone for me to photograph. I mean, there's only me and the cars there...., could a photographer ask for more??
    Usually when these things happen, you can't see the cars for the crowd, let alone take any nice pictures (if you don't love to picture humans that is).

Volvo 121 Amazon mod. 1969

Last edited by Sterkoder; May 26th, 2014, 07:23. Reason: There are no s in and
    "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Ford 2-door sedan mod. 1930

Ford 51-131 pick-up mod. 1935

Some said the little puddle should not be there..., whereas I didn't care :-)

Mercedes-Benz 190 C mod. 1957

NSU 1200 L mod. 1969 (Don't be alarmed, your eyes are correct. There ARE six numbers in the registration plate)
    Last edited by Sterkoder; May 26th, 2014, 07:30.

Comment

Ooops, there's that puddle again...

Volvo PV DeLuxe mod. 1957

Volvo 544 mod. 1965

Detail from the '544

Moskwitch mod. 1960

Russin hood ornament from the 1960s
      Last edited by Sterkoder; May 26th, 2014, 07:29.

Comment

Sideview details from that Moskwitch

A beautifully restored VW Cab. mod. 1964 from Kristiansund

Nice lineup :-)

Comment

Volvo 142 mod. 1972

Volvo P-12134 Amazon mod. 1966

Opel Super Six mod. 1937

From the area around Trædal hotel, with a Jaguar XJ-6 in front

The parking area

Comment

A very rear Morris 8 Saloon mod. 1946

Comment

Last one from the Morris

Interior of a Austin Healey mod. 1964

The Healey itself

Volvo PV 444 mod. 1957. This one is owned and maintained by the former Mayor of Kristiansund :-)

Can't help looking at rear ends like this ;-) (Volvo PV if someone wonder)

In the middle of everything, we also got visited by 2014 technology

Comment

Trabant 600 L (it says 501 de Luxe on its rare end though) mod. 1963. This little guy has a two-stroke engine of 594 m3 delivering 26 HP :-)

Trabant was the VW Boble of former DDR

Chevrolet Corvette mod. 1975

Chevrolet SS Chevelle mod. 1966

Cadillac (Sorry, can't tell you more. Could not remember its reg.number)

A view down the parking area before the car owners go for dinner (I rather like that puddle I think)
                Last edited by Sterkoder; May 26th, 2014, 07:28.

Comment

Remember that VW Beetle I posted in B/W a month or so ago? Here's her colour. Isn't that a beauty??

Details from a mod. 1928 Willys Touring Amerika.

Details from the Trabant

Details from the Chevelle

Comment

Plymouth Baracuda mod. 1974

There was also another Beetle present..., filled to the maximum with sound systems and loud speakers. VW Beetle 1300 S mod. 1973

The VW Beetle successor, VW Golf S mod. 1978

Opel De Luxe mod. 1936. 22 HP in this one

Jaguar XJ 6 mod. 1973

Comment

Whoa,
                      Mr. Always Improving!
                      I love those puddle shots.
                      You have a few pictures that are slightly underexposed, this often happens in cloudy dull weather. For expample #6/2 and #8/1 would improve if they could be bumped up a bit.
                      Great cars btw.

Comment

• Sterkoder
                        Sterkoder commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Thanks Tommi!
                        I agree. Used too small aperture then needed (F8.0 on the first one and F7.1 on the other). Also struggled with #8/3.
                        Aperture Priority is a nice thing to use, but one has to think through what depth of field is needed before pressing the button.
                        In the two you mention, I could've used a larger aperture (smaller number), because I really did not need a long depth of field there.
                        I belive this could give a little bit more light to my two images, what do you say..?
                        I've found ISO400 and F8.0 to be an "all-round" setting, but as you point out; be aware on cloudy days.

Had a great day :-)

Rear end of the Volvo PV De Luxe mod. 1957

Details from the same car

I promissed you last one of the Morris 8 a few posts back, but heres a couple of detail shots

Mirroring in the closely parked VW Cab

A British Chrysler 180 mod. 1971

I would call that rear one a Hillman Hunter, but the registration info say Chrysler Sunbeam Hunter GL mod. 1971

Well, I guess this was what I got for you this time. There should be 66 images, or around that...., a result of one days hard work.

Hope you all enjoy as much as I did.

Comment

Great images - each and everyone of them, but my fav's are the reflection images!

Not my drone though -

They certainly did know how to design and build cars with style before.
                        With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
                        Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com
                        Old forum: http://captainsvoyage.7.forumer.com/
                        Join us: Save the "Kong Olav" on facebook

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Deleted by self. Nothing important. (Thought the hole post would be deleted, but...)
                          Last edited by Sterkoder; May 26th, 2014, 07:18.

Comment

great images Svein,i would love this,all the people goes away,giving you the time making images.
                            some great cars there and very wel restored,and very wel captured by you,like those detailshots.

we had talk about removing post you didn't wanted,with the use of those 2 icons top right,1of them have a pencel in it,but now i see that they don't show on every thread,pitty.
                            best regards Thijs

Comment

Working...
                            X