• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• janihudi
    started a topic trucks

trucks

a new tread for trucks,please send your pictures from al over the world

this weekend there was in Utrecht Holland, the mack and heavy transportation day.
    a lot of old trucks ,mack's,crane's, american trucks, modeltrucks and heavy transport trucks.

the dukes of hazzard where also there, with the new general lee

Last edited by janihudi; November 27th, 2009, 23:11.

• janihudi
    commented on 's reply
    beats me???!!!!!

• pakarang
    replied
    Originally posted by janihudi View Post
    oh my god, i'm so in a hurry and that truck is blocking me,
    but thank god i have some time left to be a complete mooron.
    My goodness, what is that car-drivers problem? Behaving like a small spoiled child.

Leave a comment:

• janihudi
    commented on 's reply
    yeah i know, it's nowadays every one for himself and God for us all

• wherrygirl
    commented on 's reply
    I would have found that very interesting when I took my driving test back in 1968 - providing it was taken off-road. We have plenty of old war-time airfields in East Anglia which could be used for such lessons. But then you didn't see the stupidly unthinking driving as you get these days. I last drove on a motorway in 2010 when I went down to Devon, it was one of several West Country journeys I made about that time and I used to thoroughly enjoy it.
    Now, much as I have always loved driving, I wouldn't dare chance it, it is bad enough on our normal local roads.

• Ralf__
    commented on 's reply
    True words!! There would be much more respect for each other then!!

• janihudi
    replied
    not that we're al saints.

Leave a comment:

• janihudi
    replied
    oh my god, i'm so in a hurry and that truck is blocking me,
    but thank god i have some time left to be a complete mooron.

Leave a comment:

• janihudi
    commented on 's reply
    well that i can't either,but my trailer is twice as long also .

• janihudi
    commented on 's reply
    also one of the reasons to derate those trucks is of because the is no maut rule for them and they may overtake vehicles.

what becomes very well for the small distribution route (nah verkehr)

when i was learning for my drivers diploma ( Holland was the first and only country that provided a diploma for truckdrivers) there was also a guy that drove a car recovery vehicle through europe and was just as your Bundesstrasse cruiser derated under the 7,5 tons, and after that the placed the haevyer springs under it again .
    but it was basicly done for no special papers needed and allowed to overtake

everyone should after getting there drivers license required to get a few hours driving lessons in a big truck.
    just for let then know that a truck is not a car,and even more important,
    it don't react as a car.

• Ralf__
    commented on 's reply
    Well, we took only three belts, one for two hooks, that was not the perfect way. 3 belts for 2t are enough anyway but you should not go through two hooks. We are still just amateurs. But we will learn and improve.

• Ralf__
    replied
    Others know what they are doing...

https://youtu.be/neKaWMT_8YQ

Leave a comment:

• Ralf__
    commented on 's reply
    We may only, when we have made the license before 1989. For the younger people we have the same rules as you. And that is not bad, i think. There is a huge difference. The MAN truck is designed as a 12t truck and derated to get the 7,5t licensers allowed to drive. It has a base weight of 5t and only 2,5t payload. So the airpressure breaks and everything is just as in a big truck. And so if you drive down steep and narrow mountain roads you should know how to do it. I am lucky to have "learned" it as a young boy as copilot beside my uncle.

• janihudi
    commented on 's reply
    according the German law ,1 belt for every ton of weight, you did your job well

• janihudi
    replied
    at least they are cheap

Leave a comment:

Working...
X