• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

8 logs, about 24 tons

close the doors and back to Rotterdam
    best regards Thijs

Comment

from home to venlo to drop the container,pick up another one in Duisburg and go to Bad Arolsen

and the last few hundreds meters over a gravel path

best regards Thijs

Comment

the second trip to Bad arolsen wasn't that far from the first spot

best regards Thijs

Comment

best regards Thijs

Comment

i'm gonna get you

best regards Thijs

Comment

best regards Thijs

Comment

loading logs near Laubach first place

made 2 trips to Laubach

first trip from Venlo limburg ,drop off to Duisburg pick up the red line and back over the bleu line

Germany has a Giessen to, just as my home village.
                in the time that i drove ferry trailers and was every week in Germany a police hold me still for a controle.
                wanted my papers and tacho discs.
                but he wanted also the discs from the start. i told him you have them all.
                how do you get to your truck then?
                by bicycle!!
                and thats not possable !!!!!! i want al your discs also from holland to Giessen!!!!
                and then i notice what he ment.
                he tought that i started in Giessen Germany
                had a lot to explain that there was a village in Holland too with the name giessen.
                even it was on the truck painted,and showed it on the map.
                finally he let me go

red line first trip
                purple line second trip
                bleu line back to Holland

in the left upper corner the first loading place
                right below the second loading place

best regards Thijs

Comment

first loading place

best regards Thijs

Comment

ahhh,there are my logs

best regards Thijs

Comment

the second loading place near Laubach

26 tons i get this time

best regards Thijs

Comment

and i got my plate

'' forst betrieb'' ,forestry

means not much,but may be handy when some think what a container truck had to come there

best regards Thijs

Comment

Interesting as always, but for a Swede/Finn it's still a mysterium why wood is transported in a closed container while there are excellent forestry trucks available, that could load more cargo.
                          BTW: my granddad (and also my father for a couple of years) was a forest trucker in the northern parts of Finland during the 1940-1960's, tough work to say the least, specially during wintertime, I'm not jeleaus. The wood was loaded by hand, so that was not 26 tons per load...

Comment

Originally posted by Tommi View Post
                            Interesting as always, but for a Swede/Finn it's still a mysterium why wood is transported in a closed container while there are excellent forestry trucks available, that could load more cargo.

thats true, but thats is only for when it's stays in the aeria to a sawmill or something like that.
                            those logs goes to Asia,to far away for a forestry truck to deliver,also when you see the GE maps,even to far away from Rotterdam.
                            and they could load more (mine weights with a empty container between 22 and 23 tons, depends of container) ,but they have to secure the logs too then for transport to Rotterdam and they need many forestry trucks also to deliver them to Rotterdam. that one forestry truck loaded 6 containers within a few hours, there are times every day 6 to 8 containers a day. we stay on the gravel/tarmac paths, but that can also in the middle of a forrest,but we stay out of the soil paths. the forestry trucks collect them from the forrest,our office get the cordinats of were we had to wait and the boss pick us up from the parking place and take us into the forrest where there is place to park so that he can load them.
                            works well

Originally posted by Tommi View Post
                            BTW: my granddad (and also my father for a couple of years) was a forest trucker in the northern parts of Finland during the 1940-1960's, tough work to say the least, specially during wintertime, I'm not jeleaus. The wood was loaded by hand, so that was not 26 tons per load...
                            everything was better in the earlier years,but there are things that i/m glad i live now
                            but then again
                            respect, collegiality was more and stress was less then these days

best regards Thijs

Comment

Interesting report, Thijs.

When you go to backroads like these, do you sometimes worry the road can not handle the weight of your cargo and truck?
                              With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
                              Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

• janihudi
                                janihudi commented
                                Editing a comment
                                No not really. Most of those roads are gravel and solid. When it is just soil we don't go in the forrest.
                                Cost to much to pull us out. We don't have the right type of tyres for that. We always get a place were we wait for the logs truck. A parking place or a cross- roads.in the forrest or nearby, but with no traffic.

oohhhh I'm driving my life away, looking for a better way forr me
                              ooohh driving i'm driving my

BAM

btw, this guy sings it better

best regards Thijs

Comment

Working...
                              X