trucks

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the inside of that that ....

the steering wheel is here in it's upright position.
    compared with many other trucks that that have choosen for not a fast sink down chair,but a steeringwheel push away system.
    when i want out i pressed a button on the chair so the seat sinks down fast to make it easy to get out.
    that that did choose for a push away system to make room for get out.

best regards Thijs

Comment

no place in the cabinets in the corner. there are the 2 high beam lights placed in. just the half of those cabinets are usefull
      that there is no cabinet in the middle is ,that the driver have some space tu (un)dress your self.
      whahahahahaha. a merc has that space.

i havn't sleep or spend time on the bunck,but i think the same sice as the merc, 70 cm wide.
      DAF has the widest matras, 80cm

best regards Thijs

Comment

it issn't much ,because it ain't much.

above the cb radio is the German toll collect device.

though i said it's get the information from portals above the road,i was wrong .

the system get's it's info from the gps satelites. via the antenne on the roof. to the collect device.
        the sensor behind the window is for the police to read it past track and time.
        in the DAF i had i had placed the name plate of Henny in front of it,and take it away in Germany to make it free.
        one time i had way to many hours of driving and just a few hours of sleep.
        i had 2 more highway exits to go when the BAG Bundes Autobahn Gestapo let me follow them.
        ooohhh sh1t.
        yes we can't find your sensor and you hadn't buy a toll ticket according the system.
        so hows that?

eehhhh i have a devise,and it works,here look. what there's payed and on what exit i'm now.
        weird

ahhhh we couldend read it out,because the name plate in front of it.
        it's okay driver,but next time take that away,than we don't have to stop you for it.
        (the rule is that the sensor have to be placed below and in the middle, with a 20 cm left or right of the middle of the windscreen. easy for the police and the BAG to point there device to read your device)
        so now i knew that they can't read it, i never take the plate away. otherwise they had seen that i had just 4 hours of sleep that night,which costs a lot of money and i had to stay there for the next 9 hours

best regards Thijs

Comment

so now i knew that they can't read it, i never take the plate away. otherwise they had seen that i had just 4 hours of sleep that night,which costs a lot of money and i had to stay there for the next 9 hours
          Who's that calling you a cunning so-and-so??
          Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
          Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

• janihudi
            janihudi commented
            Editing a comment
            the police or/and the BAG

yesterday i was on the merc garage, just to see how everything looks in the cab
          not the mine ,mine will be produceed in may.

but it will looks like this, in white then.
          and without the airhorns

don't look at the green accents,it's the siver star line

best regards Thijs

Comment

As far as external looks go, I'm not really over-impressed.
            It hasn't the clean lines of the HC.
            Over-fussy grill compared to HC with part straight lines part angled ones.
            Strange upward tilt of cab base line, bottom of the window, and the silly little long, sloping protuberances on the side underneath the green bit just where it widens. The slope quarrels with the horizontal lines elsewhere because they are all too close together. All this to give an impression of SPEED, à la their Formula 1 team! They have to think up something different, I suppose.
            Is it just the angle at which the photo was taken that makes the top curve of the wheel arch look lopsided?
            What is the thingie top left above Silver Star? Something to do with the air conditioner?
            But what do you think of the layout and comfort of the inside, Thijs? That is the most important thing. Doesn't it look roomy! Will yours be the same?
            Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
            Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

the joke in here is,among many truckdrivers there is the story ''if i want to drive a merc ,i call a taxi.

a merc issn't high in the list of trucks they want to drive.

the Mercedes/advertising company come up with this commercial.

best regards Thijs

Comment

here it is on all right angles

the ''thing'' above silver star is the engine air intake

yes very roomy. but it's a empty cab aswel. when everything is stuffed in,it will look differend.

i ordered the bur wood set.
                but don't know yet if the polstry is the same color on floor and seats

best regards Thijs

Comment

it's spacy

this is the solostar concept. a one driver cab. no co driver seat but a lounche chair in the corner and a table there.
                  it's to change by removing the cushings and let down the bed.

i did ordered also the dashboard table

best regards Thijs

Comment

• Tommi
                    Tommi commented
                    Editing a comment
                    That's a lot of space. It even looks more spacier inside that on the outside?!
                    And a modern flat floor.

• janihudi
                    janihudi commented
                    Editing a comment
                    since the first model of the actros,the high cabine had a flat floor.
                    thats also the reason that it's that high,the cab is placed above the engine.

That guy is probably a small guy. Hight from floor to roof inside is 213cm. Or he is shortened of the cab hight is more stretcht. Top side window to top roof is 69cm
                  best regards Thijs

Comment

• janihudi
                    janihudi commented
                    Editing a comment
                    i'm 1.74 i let make an image of me like this,we'll see

• Ralf__
                    Ralf__ commented
                    Editing a comment
                    1.74?? Maybe you will look even smaller. Hehe.

• Clipper
                    Clipper commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I can only dream about being 1.74. I'm about 1.68. (But I ski on 190cm skis).
                Working...
                X