• Time
  • Show
Clear All

in front of the chairs near the feet's made 2 red lights

best regards Thijs

Comment

best regards Thijs

Comment

You should come up here to Trondheim and install some interior mood-lights for me too.
        With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
        Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

well that's issn't so diffecult.

battery/ fusebox ----------------switch------------------lights-------------massa/earth/ grounding

the rotten part of it is to find out where you can place them, to dismantle the dashboard parts and where to drow the cables .

further it's just a piece of cake
          best regards Thijs

Comment

hahahahaha..... I guess so, sounds easy in writing but I'd probably end up burning down my car.
            With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
            Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

well it will take some more time as in writhing, but it issn't that diffecult.
              but why light in a small car wich you spend not that much time in.
              and in trucks there are several places to put some stuff ,so some light is handy,in a car everything is on the chair beside you.
              also think of the reflections in the windows. trucks have high roofs,
              also the michelin mascottets are so high placed that Wesley don't see them in the windscreen.

but for everything there's a solution.
              but you shall remove some pannels for placing the lights.
              if so you can placing the wires to where you want them for lights,the garage will connect them with pleasure and a bill for you
              best regards Thijs

Comment

this pile of scrap is my ''home'' for the upcoming 3 or 4 months

after crawling the past week thru this this whatever it is ,with wet wipes to clean it a little
                i packed some stuff in it.

also make it a little apparent thats me in the that that .....
                placed my highway babes and the rubberduck lightboxes.

best regards Thijs

Comment

it was at many places dusty,very dusty
                  best regards Thijs

Comment

a little better like this

after cleaning al the cabinets and under the bed ,and Henny washed the matrascover, it was time to fill it.
                    afteral i will spend some nights in it too.

but the merc looks better,cleaner ,though older.
                    but then again,the merc was a one driver truck,this one got 2 or 3 drivers,so i'm number 4.
                    every clean white wet wipe came out grey,black or brown. or al 3 colors
                    but i have to do it with it.

can't complain anyway,
                    he ordered me the truck i wanted, and i'm the only one which get it,
                    the other 11 trucks are 13 in a dozen.okey some of the drivers love those grilled chicken trucks
                    best regards Thijs

Comment

Hey, where's Henny in the middle of the windscreen of your this-this-that-that?
                      It looks as if you've made a good job of it all, anyway, Thijs. Good-on-yer.
                      Isn't it a pity that the HC had to develop a fault just then. If it hadn't, presumably you would have been able to hang on to it until near the time of the new Merc. arriving. You're certainly lucky to get the truck you wanted, anyway, so boss must think very well of you, otherwise even your charm and persuasiveness wouldn't have convinced him that it was worth shelling out all those euros.
                      Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
                      Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

Henny is stil on the hc table.
                        if you look good.the middle of the winscreen is full with toll collect sensors.
                        also thw new HC will have that. Ebery country will toll for trucks and all with there own obu. ( on board unit)
                        thwre are trucks with 7 or 8 of those obu's.
                        but if you place a flag or something else at.the screen you get a fine for that. Its taken your sight away.
                        best regards Thijs

Comment

Yes, I saw all those toll wotsits when I was checking for Henny. You'll have to explain to thickie here:
                          Where are the tolls? When are they paid (yearly, at the time or what?)
                          Why do trucks have more than 1 obu?
                          Have you got an obu now? Or did you on the HC?
                          If not, why not?
                          Why hadn't you already been fined for having Henny right bang in the centre of your windscreen (at the bottom, of course)? Yes, several years ago I had to move my breakdown company's sticker from bottom right of my windscreen for the same reason. Yet you have your rubber ducks in just that position, both sides. Is that OK?
                          I need to know these things, as I'm sure you will appreciate.
                          Ivy

Comment

many countries found a easy way to get some money,easy money.
                            and that is collecting toll for there highways.
                            the weird thing is that it's only for trucks,and there own trucks get a reduction on there road tax.
                            so basicly the foreign trucking companies pay for there highway.

driving over the border, the toll bridges connecting the obu in the truckss and registrate where you been.
                            the german reading where you had crossed the border,,how late, and if you do it very quick , from a to b they also now that you had speeding.
                            everey km is registrated and get paid from your bank accound in Germany which you had to open and where you had some money on.
                            the amount of trucks a company have is also the amount of money there have to be parked on that account.
                            and you have to keep up so that there is Always enough money on it so that there is enough that they can pull it away for every tryuck driving in Germany.
                            it' seems that there will come so much money in that in the first year that Germany introduced the system ,the billions of euro's spend to build the system it was already ''earned'' back.
                            but at the end the countries inhabits pay for it. the trucking companies bring the toll in charge to the client,which charge it in there goods which citicens pay for in the shops.

it's sofar on the highway and dual carrigeways ,but they want it for the other roads to.
                            a new way to get you pay as much as possable is closing roads for trucks.

see it like a triangle roads ;

A

B C

you are a point A and had to go to C .
                            from a to b to c is highway ,from a to c is a normal landroad but much shorter,
                            the had closed those roads for trucks under the name of air pollution.
                            but many trucks drove those road to avoid the toll roads.
                            auch, that hurts the countries wallet,so they closed them and take the highway and pay

more and more countries collect toll now,easy money.
                            many trucks drive now with many of those collect boxes at the windscreen, 6 or 7 or even more is common.
                            besides the 2 or 3 navigation boxes at the east European truckies windscreens, otherwise they can never find there way home.
                            however the driver gets a vine when he has a thinghy at his window . like my girls and rubberduck boxes

1 is the German toll collect.
                            well not ecxatly. it's the sensor for the German police,they passed you and point a reader to it and everything where you have been and how late and how fast you did it.
                            which is very easy for them,now they don't have to stop you,your driving time is oke,so they let you go on,if not,follow. it is connected to the toll collect above the windscreen ,so pure for the police

2 is for some tunnels and bridges so far in Holland ,Belgium and France. (as fa i know,i didn't had that on in the HC, there i got a bigger one and did also the toll for Belgium,this one don't do that. that does 3)

3 toll collect for Belgium

4 a dashcam

5 a poppy. uhh what is that?. thats is a air refresner

in the HC i got 1 and a combined 2/3

damn ,the ABC setting don't work
                            best regards Thijs

Comment

Did not see this thread yesterday. So you will be an interim volvo driver. Well, it will widen your horizon. I am expecting your stories.
                              Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

• wherrygirl
                                wherrygirl commented
                                Editing a comment
                                And his stock of English swear words, no doubt!

• janihudi
                                janihudi commented
                                Editing a comment
                                Wel the gearbox works better as that from the merc.
                                And thats al .
                                Al lockers are full and stil a lot of stuff is at the attic at home.
                                As i said, mobile crawl space.

• wherrygirl
                                wherrygirl commented
                                Editing a comment
                                Hey, you're slipping! Saying something GOOD about the that that.......

Now that's a comprehensive explanation. Many thanks, Thijs.
                              Ivy

Comment

Working...
                              X