No announcement yet.

trucks

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

THAT´S more nice to drive on then on a stupid highway where everyone can drive.(they think,but don´t show it)
    best regards Thijs

Comment

Garbage truck

A recently refurbished Garbage truck:

Comment

Great restoration and well documented!!
        Wonder where all the 'kommuner', 'verk og etater' and others in need of cargo trucks would've been if it weren't for the Mercedez 1113....??
        EVERYBODY had one or several in their fleet of trucks in the 60s and 70s
        "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

and now you see them on every corner in afrika,and go´s on and on and on.

heavy overloaded and keeping it together with wire and ducktape
          best regards Thijs

Comment

a lot of work to airbrush this.
            belongs to a man-wife team.2 weeks driving with Fruit and vegetables from holland to great brittain and 1 weekend at home.

best regards Thijs

Comment

best regards Thijs

Comment

best regards Thijs

Comment

stay´s special for us those yankies

best regards Thijs

Comment

best regards Thijs

Comment

best regards Thijs

Comment

best regards Thijs

Comment

Excellent pics Thijs, there are some awesome trucks there. I personally like the retro ones, I have a few images I took at a car show in July, I will upload them tomorrow

Comment

Very nice air brush work. I am just not accustomed to seeing that nice customizing on a cab over tractor. In the USA cab over tractors are used for the local routes with company owned equipment and very plain.

Comment

there is a very simple reason for that we in europe have coe instead of nosetractors/torpedotrators as we call them here.

in usa is only the size of the trailer set at, i don't know which lenght,40ft containerlenght?
                              america is big, place enough. if a fabrik is old they build another one somewhere else and left the old one standing.
                              that is my thought when i looking at the tv in movies there are allways old buildings and cities in sight.

with al those empty aerias it dont metter howlong youre tractor is,a long nose,now problem, a verryyyyyyyyyyyyyyy big sleeper, now problem.
                              a tractor just as long as the trailer, now problem,place enough.

now we go to this tiny land.
                              you're truck may be not longer than 16,5 meters for truck/trailer vehicle,
                              18,5 for a semi truck and 25,25 for a roadtrain.the maximum lenght of a trailer is in europe 13.60 meter
                              those messurements count for almost whole of europe.
                              the roadtrain rides only in holland and scandanavia and in germany between the ports of hamburg and lubeck.

the most nose/torpedo trucks ,you can see are tanktrucks or other transportatian where lenght is not a isseu,as in load that are so heavy weight
                              that they never need the lenght that they have to there dicision.
                              so when you have always the same kind of load,that 10 meters is enough for reach the 50 tons border(what we have in holland and 60 tons for a roadtrain,the rest of europe is 40/44 tons) you have 3.60 left,you can use that to buy a nose tractor.

if you look to the peterbilt and freightliner(some posts back),i think that there nose and sleeper take more than 3 meter of there total lenght away

so when we had a torpedo the size of the nose will reduce you're load lenght,
                              a nose of 1.30 meter take the place of 2 loadboards/pallets.

so 99,9% is coe in europe
                              best regards Thijs

Comment

first weekend of oktober, steel forrest weekend

well officialy it is the ''mack and heavy transportation day.

thats include vertical, recovery,show,oldies,modelbuildingshow,modelmarket and many more things.

we seen the vertical image,here is the other part of the event,MACK.

the heavy section

together (wesley and me) we made over 400 images,so more to come.
                                best regards Thijs

Comment

Working...
                                X