trucks

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: trucks

yep my boss wassn't happy,so they (he and the garage) gonna look how to solve that problem.
    although i knew this, my boss diddn't know this about the tanks.

when i started driving (85) the limit to bring into germany was 200 liters,before that it was just 50 liters when you crossed the border.
    so we had to fill in a form of what was in the tank,more than 200 you have to pay for those extra liters.
    so when you was filling your tank you have to do some calculation howmany kilometers you was from the border on a dieselcomsuption of 2,5 a kilometer.
    so that you had the allowd 200 liter (i diddn't drive in the 50 liter time) if you had a full tank and you say i have 200 liter and they meassure your tank,you got a ticket for the extra liters and a ticket because you had playing fraude to germany, so a extra ticket.
    my uncle had drive in that 50 liters time,but when you come back from germany you had to meassure your tank again,because if you had 200 liter in your tank,you may bring 150 liter extra next time into gremany, 50 in =50 out germany so you had again fill in a form what was in your tank,and than it was the game so less as possable in the tank,but fil in 200 orso and hope that they diddn't pick you out for controle.
    so when you came back into germany you had a ticket for 150 liter extra to bring with you.

and al this bullshi. is because the diesel is cheaper in holland than germany, then and even now.

oh and how we meassure the diesel level,just with a rule ,tank is that long,so high and so deep.
    the daf i had that time was a 400 liter tank so there was 7 liters at 1 centimeter.
    1 of my daf's stoped with 1 centimeter,1 daf was still running with just 5 liter in the tank.

but i have bring a lot more than i fill in on the form.
    it was a game,you loose some ,you win some
    best regards Thijs

Comment

it was a game,you loose some ,you win some
      Telling me it's a game! Forms, forms, calculations, more forms.....
      Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
      Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

I don't know why but such problems surprise me since the creation of the EU. In The United States we have been 200+ years since our unification and 150+ years since our Civil War and by now there are almost no barriers to travel or differing regulations between states. I'm sure I'm pissing off a lot of people comparing the countries of the EU to the states in the US... I can hardly imagine truck in the US being stopped every time they cross a state's border to have their fuel level measured. It's just bad for business.

Comment

But remember, Dane, Europe does not have unification as the USA knows it, no way. Each country is still sovereign (in theory), passing its own laws although many, once ratified, are subject to the overlordship of Brussels, much to the fury of many people/countries as is now becoming evident. And above all Europe does not have a single overall government with one person as president or monarch over all states. Heaven forbid - it is too disparate an area for that ever to work. Brussels sometimes looks like it, but only in certain respects, thank goodness. The USA is young, and in a sense started from scratch, whereas the independent countries in Europe developed over many, many centuries, each in their own way, and in many cases containing one race within their borders which differed from their neighbouring countries.
          You say:
          In The United States we have been 200+ years since our unification and 150+ years since our Civil War and by now there are almost no barriers to travel or differing regulations between states.
          By now? Almost? After 200 years? And yet you wonder why Europe hasn't got it sorted yet! Come on Dane, old lad, give it another year or so, eh? Though I dread to think where it'll be then.
          Ivy

Comment

The apartment we rented in Amsterdam last year was about 150 years older than the USA. While there I could not help connecting lines between the USA and the EU but in the end they are so different. The States had some differences but they never stood as independent nations with their own culture let alone much history. I wonder how the USA and the EU will look 100 years in the future. With the current economic problems it makes me wonder what changes are in store for the EU but it is somewhat difficult to get good information in the USA. Our news will spend 6 weeks talking about a murder trial and only give 30 seconds to events outside the US.

Comment

I am surprised by this interpretation of the rule. I was aware that "outside" was defined like you told: "extra" tanks. In Germany such a new tank would have registered in the papers and then it would be defined as "original" tank. I don't know, how the rules in the Netherlands are, but that seems to be a question for a lawyer. In the past the 200+ regulation was O.K. in my eyes, because the costs of street repairs are enormous and we have a great part of transit cargo and foreign trucks in Germany. No foreign transport company had to pay a cent for using them, while the Germans payed huge taxes. But since we are taking money (LKW-Maut) for each km on the highways from everyone and they are discussing to extend that rule on the National Roads this fuel discussion is childish in my eyes...
              Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

as far i know you may place any kind of tank at the truck,without registration.
                foreign trucks diddn't pay for germans roads,i agree with that,but german trucks diddn't pay in other countries eather,so were even with that.
                now they are steeling money from trucking companies for every kilometer they drive in germany,while cars don't have to pay a cent.
                toll collect oke,but then for every vehicle.but at the end the germans citizens pay it self,because they calculated through.
                meanwhile german trucks drive now in some european countries for 8 euro for the whole day and no km limitation.
                and what do we get back for that money? 0,0 zero nothing or what so ever,but germany was always at the top of the ranking about steeling from foreign countries
                best regards Thijs

Comment

Hoh Hoh Hoh!! Calm down, dear friend! Let's just watch our neighbours.

For cars we pay a car tax in Germany, which depends on the engine size. This tax income shall be used for the road maintenance and building.
                  With a toll regulation all foreign visitors and transit travellers would also have to pay for this, which is now for free (as it is in B, NL, DK, L and GB).
                  In F, CH, A, PL, CZ we have a toll regulation for highways and travelling there is today much more expensive than in Germany.
                  So we are definitely not top of the rank!!

About trucks you can see a nice overview here:
                  http://www.schenker.de/deutsch/maut/mautInfoEuropa.pdf

So there is a yearly toll for trucks in B, NL, DK, S, L, PL between 850 (PL) and 1.550 Euro (others).
                  This is comparable with a distance of about 3.000 (PL) - 5.300 km on German highways. If you drive more, Germany will be more expensive.
                  The other countries have toll per kilometer:
                  Switzerland takes 0,96 € / km
                  Czech Republic takes 0,39 € / km
                  Austria takes 0,37 € / km
                  Germany takes 0,29 € / km
                  France takes 0,22 € / km
                  Great Britain takes 0,22 € / km
                  And here also we are not top of the rank.

But we are top of the rank as transit country!
                  All vacation travellers from N, S, DK, NL, GB, B are crossing Germany to visit CH, A, CRO and I.
                  All vacation travellers from PL, CZ, A are crossing Germany to visit NL, B, F and E.
                  All transport companies from the East to deliver to NL, B, GB, F and E are crossing Germany.

So there is a certain interest to participate these at the maintenance cost of our roads.
                  If you see, that one truck causes the same damage to a road as 175.000 cars, it is obvious that they start with the trucks.
                  This is no outstanding thinking, as you see the similar regualtions in our neighbour countries.

But in my opinion it is not correct to take money for the kilometer and take money for too much foreign fuel in the main tank of a truck.
                  Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

this week i got the ticket at home for the diesel tank isseu.
                    167.71 euro had to be paid,not by me.

these are the images of my mobile phone which i had taken long ago at the tekno truckmodel museum.
                    there were some trucks parked outside for the upcomming new models.
                    Ivy had taken images in Bunga.y of the other truck,this truck is for sale (maybe if still availeble)in a model in scale 1:50

still availeble at this moment 2011 30 oct.

http://www.tekno.nl/nl/modellen/digi...ers-62059.html
                    Last edited by janihudi; October 30th, 2011, 14:39.
                    best regards Thijs

Comment

Originally posted by janihudi View Post
                      this week i got the ticket at home for the diesel tank isseu.
                      167.71 euro had to be paid,not by me.
                      Very good. By the way, answer my email, will you, you ....... What happened about that?
                      Many thanks for posting the other truck. But I prefer the painting on the one I saw. This monotone one looks a bit dreary, although the mobile picture is sharp enough. No, I never saw it today, see my 366, but I'll keep an eye open for it.
                      Ivy

Comment

Originally posted by wherrygirl View Post
                        i have take this one to here,so that they know of which we're talking about.

yes there is more to see and more colors on it,but this is the titanic,what ship it is with the tugs i don't know.
                        a puzzle for anyone?
                        now try to take an image of the steamtrain truck.

about what Email your asking,the last one from 15 oct?
                        Last edited by janihudi; October 30th, 2011, 17:58.
                        best regards Thijs

Comment

These carriage "paintings" are true art work... thank goodness I don't see anything like this on Norwegian roads, I would be SO DISTRACTED from my driving!
                          With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
                          Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

best regards Thijs

Comment

the new merc. seen in herentals Belgium

best regards Thijs

Comment

best regards Thijs

Comment

Working...