X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visayas including Bohol

Here is the enterance to the famous Chocolate Hills in Bohol................I have tried to post these photos in the Bohol thread, I got "invalid"

Last edited by Frankp; November 22nd, 2016, 12:26. Reason: Text

Here you can see some of the Hills over my shoulder

Last edited by Frankp; November 23rd, 2016, 14:46. Reason: no photo

Comment

My Father in law's rice farm in Lomangog, Bohol, thats him with the hat on....

Comment

Here are rice paddies getting prerared for the planting...

Last edited by Frankp; November 22nd, 2016, 12:35. Reason: text

Comment

Here is my daughter (Michelle) and her nephew (Mit-Mit) ridding on one of the Father in Law's Buffalo, thats him (Pedong) holding the animal, he had 4 Buffalo to work the farm.

Comment

Sunset on the farm, Lomangog, Bohol

Comment

I don't know if any of you have eaten Jackfruit, it has a strange odour but it tastes very nice...

Comment

About 10 Kilometres up the road from Lomangog is the small port of Ubay and you get many of the inter-island ferries leaving/arriving there, here is one of them.

Last edited by Frankp; November 22nd, 2016, 12:42. Reason: text

Comment

If any of you have ever visited some of the bigger ports in the Philippines you would have seen these small boats, were the people onboard shout to ask you to throw money/coins in to the water and they dive for it...These photos were taken in Tagbilaran the capital of Bohol, were were on the ferry going back to Manila....

Comment

Tagbilaran, Bohol

Comment

This is the large ferry "St. Peter the Apostle" and she used to sail from Manila to Tagbilaran (via Cebu) the journey was 30 hours, she left Manila around 10.30pm Saturday and you arrived In Tagbilaran around 05.00am Monday morning. About a year or so after we were onboard the St Peter she caught fire and was a total right off....

The photo was taken by an onboard photographer, that is my wife (Marina) and daughter (Michelle) on the bridge....

Comment

So great seeing these images from Chocolate Hills of Bohol... it's been way too long since my last visit there. Wonder if I'll ever return to see them again(?)
                        With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
                        Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com
                        Old forum: http://captainsvoyage.7.forumer.com/
                        Join us: Save the "Kong Olav" on facebook

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

For any of you who enjoy eating fish, this fish there are plenty of nice fish round the Philippines, this one is callaed a "Mamsa" it weighed about 8kgs and tastes very good, it was caught at Bohol.

Comment

When we visit the family they always prepare (fatten up) a pig to be roasted, to celebrate our visit.

This is after they have killed it, the pig is cleaned and then suffed with all kinds of herbs....

Comment

When we visit the family they always prepare (fatten up) a pig to be roasted, to celebrate our visit.

This is the pig ready to eat, it is a well known dish in the Philippines...."Lechon Baboy"

Comment

Working...
                              X