Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Meet "Duckie" (a British duck in Norway)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This will be a post in honor to Lady C, as I suspect Lady C and E will be the one's who will enjoy this thread by far the most....

With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
    Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com
    Old forum: http://captainsvoyage.7.forumer.com/
    Join us: Save the "Kong Olav" on facebook

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Originally posted by pakarang View Post
    This will be a post in honor to Lady C....
    WHAT AN HONOUR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So excited!
    I can hardly tear myself away from CVF this morning…but I’m going to have to pause to grab some lunch….go out to take a 366…vote in the election…and I’m out at a concert tonight…and....and....

…and then I might get a moment to go get Berns to take a look at this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Hello Duckie!
      My name is Scheuble and I am a Swiss duck from Zurich now living in Scotland!

I was so excited to see another hotel duck here on CVF. (There is a Swedish duck called Berns after a hotel but he is not really a hotel duck but a Water Festival duck –you probably know about him already as he is a friend of Lookchin.)

Here is a photo of me:

Seagull says that she forgot to take something called a pakarang view, but will do so later if it is ok for me to post in your thread. Can I also post a few photos I took this afternoon at an exciting Duck Race in the valley park? –I think Lookchin would be interested in them as he used to go there to have fun in the stream with Berns.

Comment

That is hilarious.... the world never ceases to amaze me: now, why would Scheuble be born in a Zurich hotel?

Duckies of all kinds are popping up all across the Internet, and some of these threads in another forum that I visit, there are literally several handful of Duckie-threads....

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Originally posted by Seagull View Post
          ....Can I also post a few photos I took this afternoon at an exciting Duck Race in the valley park? –I think Lookchin would be interested in them as he used to go there to have fun in the stream with Berns.
          So is it a yes to these being posted in this thread?...even though there turn out to be 10 of them?

Comment

So is it a yes to these being posted in this thread?...even though there turn out to be 10 of them?
            That is a most definite "yes", in accordance with the old saying " the more duckies, the merrier.... "

Comment

Goody!!!...there was a whole sack full of ducks in the race!...tell Lookchin and Duckie that the photos will be the FIRST thing I'll post when I return...yes, even before any 366 or ship photos!!!!
              (I'm now at the airport as you can see on Gowalla...watch out for a new country badge for ENGLAND tonight!!!!!!!!

Comment

Duck Race!

....tell Lookchin and Duckie that the photos will be the FIRST thing I'll post when I return...yes, even before any 366 or ship photos!!!!
                I know, I know, these are not the photos most of you are wanting to see just as I have returned home from a cruise! ….but I had these ready to post just before I went away and I’d PROMISED Lookchin and his duckie friends….

(PS for Duck aficionados ….unlike Berns, who is a good swimmer when he is not simply looking cool or partying, the Swiss hotel duck Scheuble is specially designed for singing (quacking) rather than swimming….her little hole gets waterlogged very easily!....ummm, well you know what I mean)

This is the exciting start of the race as sackfulls of ducks are launched from the upstream footbridge.
                Last edited by Seagull; May 31st, 2011, 13:19.

Comment

Such a magnificent sight!….what is the collective noun for lots of yellow plastic ducks I wonder –anyway it is an impressive flotilla….

…followed by kids in wellies!
                  Last edited by Seagull; May 31st, 2011, 13:20.

Comment

Just as in a F1 motor race, the ducks soon spread out. Those not keeping to the racing line and already stuck in the foliage are relying on the wellie-wearing-“marshals” to get them back on track!!!!

Meanwhile the crowds of spectators line the path, many (that includes me!) running along to see the ducks from various viewpoints.
                    Last edited by Seagull; May 31st, 2011, 13:20.

Comment

This particular species of plastic duck seems to be a side-stroke swimmer (which is totally unlike my Stockholm Duck “Berns”), but perhaps they are wanting to display their number on their lower “feathers”!!!!

Last edited by Seagull; May 31st, 2011, 13:21.

Comment

This is my favourite image, not just of that particular afternoon, but somehow capturing the delights of flowing streams and messing around in water.

Comment

The finishing line at the downstream footbridge. The winner has beaten me there, and net-fulls of other ducks that have completed the course are being collected….

….to the delight of the excited onlookers!

Comment

Such a happy summer day.

There are several such events held here each year in aid of various local organisations, schools and charities. I had been unfortunate to miss them last year when Lookchin visited me, although that all worked out wonderfully OK in the end.

Comment

Re: Meet "Duckie" (a British duck in Norway)

Thank you for the BIG smile you put on my face this morning!!!!

Um....were any of the participants able to negotiate the course in "proper" duck position? There seemed to be more than a few who preferred the "unsteady kayak" upside down way of going!

Comment

Working...
                              X