X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seagull
    started a topic Lady C's Thailand

Lady C's Thailand

The promised new thread from Seagull starts here!

Not trip reports, but all sorts of bits and pieces and hopefully regular posting of my images past and furure to please our Captain, to whom the thread is naturally dedicated.

For the next few days while we are still surrounded by festive decorations, I'm going to feature those outside Central World shopping mall in Bangkok.

• Seagull
    commented on 's reply
    Right on cue, I just came across this link from Richard Barrow:-
    http://www.thaitravelblogs.com/2018/...-january-2019/

• pakarang
    replied
    As I would have said in Thai.... "SATU".... meaning "Amen".

I have actually been to Pasak Jolasid Dam way back in history... I don't remember what it looked like without finding the photos I took there (if any).

Leave a comment:

• Seagull
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Seagull
    replied

This one attracted my attention:- "The Royal Rain solved the problem of drought at Khao Yai National Park."

Leave a comment:

• Seagull
    replied

Solar and wind energy generation, water pumping, irrigation and treatment of waste water were just some of the many subjects illustrated.

Leave a comment:

• Seagull
    replied

Many captions were in both Thai and English. I noted that this one depicts "“Dam to retain water for use in times of scarcity. Pasak Jolasid Dam, Lopburi Province.”"

Leave a comment:

• Seagull
    replied
    In one of the pavilions, there was a tribute to those Royal-initiated projects in an exhibition of paintings.

Leave a comment:

• pakarang
    replied
    Indeed, the late King, was indeed devoted a whole lifetime to cultivate and irrigate the entire country, especially the poorer NE-region.

There was a deep and profound passion in making sure the country prospered and did something with the problems politicians only discussed.

Leave a comment:

• Seagull
    replied
    I really appreciated that you posted that link from your Thai friends and family in Phatthalung.
    So fitting a way to remember that anniversary, and watching it (several times already) made me feel both happy and emotional too.

It also prompted me to think about how often I had seen images of His Majesty the late King Bhumibol Adulyadej involved in planting things, and that I should start posting my images from last November, 2017,with a couple that show the landscaping of the ceremonial cremation grounds which paid tribute to his environmental work. There was a rice field, vetiver grass, and also a Chaipattana Aerator - an invention for water treatment by oxygenation that the King patented.

[

And there were marigolds...
    Yellow is the colour that represents Monday, the day on which His Majesty King Bhumibol Adulyadej was born.

Leave a comment:

• pakarang
    replied
    A video from my friends and family in Phatthalung, Thailand, created this video which both made me feel happy and emotional at the same time.

How they celebrated this most special day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbNlrIUzvx4

Leave a comment:

• pakarang
    replied
    Can't believe it's been a year already.

Without fear of being ridiculed, I still remember the sadness of those days when His Majesty left his beloved country.

Leave a comment:

• Seagull
    replied
    Today I am remembering that it is exactly two years since the passing of King Bhumibol Adulyadej - Rama IX - on the 13th October 2016.
    So it is perhaps an appropriate time to continue this thread with gradual posting of images taken in November of last year - following the year of mourning and the funeral, and before the dismantling of the Royal Crematorium at the Sanam Luang ceremonial grounds according to Thai tradition.

Leave a comment:

• pakarang
    replied
    My Bangkok, my Bangkok. I have so many memories from you: good and bad. But I remember only the good one's.

PS: Still remember the traffic, the heat, the noise and all those security guards blowing a whistle in your ear.... LOL

I saw that article in Bangkok Post too (the "Bridging times and cities"). Very interesting and usually well composed. As I still have another two years of subscription to Bangkok Post e-edition, I keep on reading that paper every morning as my morning ritual.

I can't afford reading the local paper Address for Trondheim, but I can afford the Bangkok Post. LOL. I'm so strange.

Leave a comment:

• Seagull
    replied

Traffic is building up on Rama IV Road at the time of day this photograph was taken.

The land on Wireless road opposite the park is about to be developed as mega-project "One Bangkok", described as "Thailand's largest integrated development, set to transform Bangkok city-centre and become a new global landmark destination".

To end with, a night view along Rama IV Road

Leave a comment:

Working...
X