Clear All

Beautiful views from Stamsund
    https://youtu.be/k6duD-0pOkU

Comment

• Tommi
      Tommi commented
      Editing a comment
      Just beautiful weather!

To add a different aspect to Yves post in another thread, here is video from Lofoten in the winter: http://www.thelocal.no/20150302/russ

Comment

• yvneac
      yvneac commented
      Editing a comment
      WOW!!!!! Lofoten in winter,what a crack.
      Thank you for this video Ombugge.

More Lofoten in the winter pictures, this time with surfers: http://www.vg.no/bildespesial/13737/

Comment

Another report on the surfers in Lofoten: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/tr...ic-Circle.html

Comment

This video from Lofoten has gone viral: http://www.vgtv.no/#!/video/138973/b...tt-verden-over

Comment

As in 2012, my family and I packed our car and set course Lofoten (and Thon Hotel, Svolvær) this summer too.
          Here are pictures from a daytrip to Henningsvær, a most beautiful place among several in Lofoten.

SSL23381 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

SSL23382 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

SSL23383 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

As always, wherever I am, I'm looking for street art. Found some in Henningsvær
          SSL23384 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

SSL23385 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

In Henningsvær they have rear view mirrors on their houses (upper right corner)
          SSL23386 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

And trailer hooks on their stair..., for some strange reason...
          SSL23388 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

A nice concrete house in the city center
          SSL23387 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr
          Last edited by Sterkoder; September 10th, 2017, 20:58.
          "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

SSL23389 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Mors Hus (Mothers House) a nice shop where one can buy whatever to ones home not found in ordinary shops
            SSL23391 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

I litterally love such weatherbeaten and time torn houses
            SSL23392 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

A house of many colours across the street from Mors Hus
            SSL23394 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

SSL23395 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

SSL23396 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

"Down Town" Henningsvær
            SSL23397 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Notice those colourful chairs in front of that building to the right there. It's Henningsvær Lysstøperi & Café in Gammelveien 2.
            They run a candle production and a café, and entering that café is like walking over the threshold at a grandmothers living room. Highly recommended!!
            The best coffee and bakery I've tasted for a long time. Theis 'kanelsnurrer' and 'skolebrød' are made on site, and the taste was undescribable.
            https://www.facebook.com/henningsvarlys/

SSL23398 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr
            Last edited by Sterkoder; September 14th, 2017, 09:28.

Comment

SSL23401 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

SSL23403 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

You want good coffee when visiting Henningsvær? Step across the threshold at this small house
              SSL23405 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Pictures just hanging on a city house wall
              SSL23406 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

They said this was one of the yachts owned by a South African President. Was it Jacob Zuma? Don't remember. Now it's owned by a company using it for fishcharter and whale safari
              SSL23407 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Just a basic wall on a private home
              SSL23408 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

A case with washed and driet sea urchins on a walking bridge. If one would like to buy one of them, one must put NOK 100,- or € 10,- in the money box. Talk about trusting people...
              SSL23409 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

To the right, you can see the walking bridge where one could buy those sea urchins
              SSL23414 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Comment

Just some things used on fishing nets. I just found them too clolurful not to photograph
                SSL23416 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Entrance to the Klatrekaféen (Climb Café)
                SSL23417 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

The sun came through under dark rainheavy clouds making the houses stand out from that darker rock behind
                SSL23418 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

On a restaurant wall
                SSL23419 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

In a window in the main street, we can see that a famous musician from Kristiansund (guitarist in Dance With a Stranger, Frode Alnes) visited Henningsvær earlier
                SSL23423 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

One of those time- and weather torn houses/buildings again. Love'em!
                SSL23424 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

SSL23426 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

A pink school with a rainbow behind. Who with a camera within reach would let that motif go...?
                SSL23428 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Comment

And as we left Henningsvær, waiting for our green light to drive across the bridge...
                  SSL23430 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Not exactly Henningsvær, but this small rescue car was spotted on our way back to Svolvær, near Kabelvåg. Made me smile.
                  SSL23431 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Comment

Back in Svolvær. View from our room at the 4th floor at Thon Hotel. This time we got 419, but missed our room from 2012, number 420. That room had the glas window arc towards the square and harbour
                    SSL23435 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

My two girls (up front) suited up for a RIB-safari to Trollfjord and feeding the eagles on the way for passengers to take pictures. I volunteered to stay onshore to be with the family dog
                    SSL23449 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Only Cecilia has met them in real life, but here are my partner in life and my daughter
                    SSL23452 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Just before departure
                    SSL23453 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

I forced my way to a good photospot, and in that process I took this guys place. Looks somewhat irritated those eyes...
                    SSL23459 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

There they go
                    SSL23461 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Walking the streets of Svolvær when my girls are out having fun
                    SSL23467 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

SSL23469 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Comment

Decoration, just a small part of it, on the concrete wall of a school
                      SSL23470 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Made me think of a Led Zeppelin tune, turned around and took the picture
                      SSL23471 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

View from the Scandic hotel towards the mountain formation Svolværgeita, or just Geita (goat), as they say here
                      SSL23475 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

View from Scandic towards Thon abd Bacalao Restaurant
                      SSL23478 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

On the quayside walkway back to the hotel area
                      SSL23481 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

I belive this was the former head office of the local newspaper
                      SSL23483 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

The square in Svolvær
                      SSL23486 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Svolværgeita, the goat, in b/w. You see the goat horns on top there?
                      SSL23488 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Comment

From the bridge over Bukkedauen to Svinøya island
                        SSL23492 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

I walked over to Svinøya because I spotted a familiar ship funnel from the city streets. Meanwhile, on my way out to the city breakwater, here's a picture towards the church
                        SSL23494 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Suddenly I thought I had lost the thread in what I was doing..., but it was not mine (hahaha)
                        SSL23498 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Now, what ship owned that spotted funnel and had the power to make me walk fast out to the breakwater (which is a rather long way to and from. Yes, I did sweat). MS ALBATROS, of cource
                        SSL23499 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

One of the ALBATROSs tenders.
                        SSL23505 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

I have more than enough pictures, from any angle, of this ship. The reason I headed out here was to make a friend of mine happy, or what do you say Sharon? ;-)
                        SSL23507 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

The tenders runned in and out. I guess all aboard wanted to step ashore in this beautiful city
                        SSL23509 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

The thing is, I promised to meet my two girls at their arrival from the RIB-safari. Never made it. The time out at the breakwater with ALBATROS and my Pentax was so relaxing, I didn't want to go back.
                        But I woke up as my phone rang...., they had arrived at the hotel. Oh, well...., one thing to do wether I wanted to or not ;-)
                        SSL23514 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Comment

SSL23518 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

SSL23520 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

SSL23524 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

As she was at anchor, the wind turned her stern toward me and as such, I got some kind of variation in the motif
                          SSL23525 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Ok, just one more before I had to run back. B/w this time
                          SSL23529 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Street art in a back yard, not visible from the road
                          SSL23530 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

A yacht came into the inner harbour. She had two kayaks on board. Good then that they had the correct colour (starboard and port)
                          SSL23531 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Evening picture with my iPhone camera. Tranquility
                          SSL23533 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Comment

I'm just going to look through Svein's posts once again in my seagullish way, jot down some thoughts and things that especially struck me.

That the 'Beautiful Norway' views of Svolvær and Henningsvær are superbly 'brochure-worthy' goes absolutely without saying from our Sterkoder. But I also enjoy seeing 'ordinary streets' and houses, or some detail thereof, which took your fancy. Lots of opportunity for you to indulge your interest in street art here too, and that it is generally attractive and 'quality' is not surprising as these towns always were arty kind of places with their small galleries and such. I'm then aware of the second-level of art in your selection and presentation of your images. My absolute favourite of the street art is the minimalist #42/1, and also while I'm there in that post, adore the vertical masterpiece that follows.

I contemplated "How long is a piece of string?" in #43/3, and enjoyed the rocks of the Goat, the rocks that give context to other delights such as Albatros and her tenders, and those in that super house wall.

Yes that gull doesn't seem so keen when the tourists get in his way - but then unlike another Seagull he hadn't met your ladies before! Hi again you two Super photos, and, striding out in front, you look as if you're in charge of the group for the RIB Safari!

That Bacalao was one of my hangouts from my earliest stay in Svolvær. But from a personal nostalgic point of view the absolutely most evocative and appreciated photo from your collection is that of the former office of Lofotposten (#42/6). They used to have a webcam pointing towards the statue at the end of the mole, and before my first hurigruten trip and visit to Svolvær in real life I was charmed and addicted to it, watching out for the arrivals and departures of the ships, the ever changing cloudscapes, and the light and dark of the seasons. I managed to make many a time-lapse, and it is perhaps time I again checked if they will still play given all the updating, changing standards and formats. That freezing cold March day when I first set foot in Svolvær and found this building is unforgetable.

Comment

• Sterkoder
                              Sterkoder commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Wow, thank you!
                              This is what I enjoy most and what gives me new inspiration..., the comments. Can't get that from a click on the 'Like' button elsewhere on the internet.
                              I enjoyed every minute of my stay in Svolvær and Lofoten and so did my two girls. The fact that we also brought the family dog made it all so great.
                              We tried to go places we did not have time for in 2012, so you might see some pictures from Nusfjord and Unstad beach here, who knows.
                          Working...
                          X