Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This is Norway - all places without their own thread.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: This is Norway - all places without their own thread.

I can only echo Asimut’s words…this is truly a vacation I feel I’ve been along on.
    What a charming place to stay …and indeed all of Mosjøen seems kind of made for you with so many quirky and delightful details.
    Your angle of the photo of the ski jump green line (with the two people walking along the pavement at exactly the right place to complete the composition) is perfect.
    And Sea-Troll (somewhat predictably ) loves the Nissepost!

Comment

Oh yes, old Mosjøen with Sjøgata, the longest wooden building street in northern Norway, is made perfectly for my liking.
      I love environment like this.
      One detail you might not have seen yet...., is that lady going head first through that wall of the yellow house in post #103 picture 2.
      The street is filled with details...!
      "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

I did not see the legs until you pointed this out.
        Really good detail from the yellow wall.

Comment

Mosjøen seems to be a little great small place on earth. Thank you for discovering it for us!

Comment

We left Mosjøen yesterday, and a few hours later, we drove into Trøndelag again. (Reverse side of sign in post #88 image 4)

When we came to just south of Namskogan, we made a stop at the Namskogan Wild Life Park.

Inside (two adults and one child under age of 15: NOK 725,-), the park is devided into an amusement part and a animal/wild life part.
            Over all you can sit down to make dinner on grills or fire, and there are benches, tables and shelters built so that families can spend the entire day.
            You can rent canoos, boats, paddleboats or just have fun in the water in many other ways

In the middle of the water is of course a troll fishing from his raft

Around 3:00 PM every day there's time for feeding the wild animals. (Wonder what the animals think, seeing all this circus from the other side of the fence? )

(It all started here with the wolverine)

Comment

It was hard to zoom and focus through a steel fence, but with manual focusing, I managed this one of the mother lynx

Then over to the wolfs. I managed to count 11, but I'm sure there were more. Here's one relaxing by a trunk

She (or it might be a he) got aware of me, and I got this look...
              I get goosebumps just by looking at this one, and it's my favourite picture of all from this stop at the park yesterday.

I have no comment. Just look...

Comment

Oh, and we must not forget this little wolf cub...

Then I met this guy on a forest path.
                Of course I did not, it's an optical illusion from where the park had built their spotter bridges

And as he passed under me, I'm sure this 17 year old male thought: "Yeah, you'd better not come down to me, you camera guy...."

It's always crouded around feeding time

-"Gimme something to eat!!!"

Two males together. It's only possible because they are castrated
                And the seagulls wait for any leftovers...

Comment

Not many leftovers from this guy....

Nope, no red nose on this guy...

A big guy with a camera in the middle of dinner. Hmmmm...., sceptic.

And finally...., the last image of our Tour de Lofoten 2012, a peac0ck.
                  In Norwegian it's called påfugl, and when the feathers are not spread, I say it's av.
                  (This joke does not work in english, because in the birds name, is the norwegian word for ON, and when it's not using its feathers, I say it's AV, being the norwegian word for OFF) Haha...., a so dry joke it can light itself....

But hey...., nice colours

Hope y'all enjoyed the tour as much as we did. And feel free to post any holiday images of yours at CVF also.
                  Last edited by Sterkoder; July 24th, 2012, 15:57.

Comment

An unexpected and great way to end your great tour…
                    Your favourite image of these was mine too

Comment

'Sterkoder' is on the road again, and resently only in contact with internet via iPhone on a slow connection.
                      But if you love Norway, I belive I can be so frank as to say you are in for a special treat come Thursday and me being able to post pictures.
                      From where? Of what?
                      Well, you just have to stay tuned
                      (All I can say is that involve two places).

Comment

Such suspense when Big S keeps us guessing! But no waiting long for the photos once he’s home.
                        In contrast, I must get across to the Kristiansund thread to post some photos I took last year but which somehow got overlooked! . A nice treat for you Sterkoder.

Comment

Maybe he is heading up here??: http://www.smp.no/nyheter/soere/arti...ndex=0#pageTop

Comment

'Ombugge' you're close..., but no sigar...
                            I said my tour this time involved two places. As I'm still away from my good internet connection, it now involves three.
                            I can tell you they are two places I've posted pictures from before, and one where I've never set foot in my life before.
                            Stay tuned
                            Last edited by Sterkoder; August 2nd, 2012, 15:52.

Comment

Finally, let me tell you where I went (as I guess you've seen my postings in the Åndalsnes-thread) :
                              The logical way to go after Åndalsnes was Trollstigen. I have never been there myself, and I must say it was breathtaking!
                              There were low clouds and fog, but let me tell you, I'm rather happy because it gave me many spectacular images.

Here we go

A motif spotted by my daughter as we drove over the bridge from road E139

Heavy rain on the way up

Here's the new cafe/restaurant on the top of the road

Private cabins on the other side of the road

Comment

Cafe on a distance, taken from the gangway out to the spectacular viewpoint hanging out from the cliff

Fantastic! (In search for other words)

The fence wall on the outermost part was made of glass (strong as h*** of cource), and despite it is impossible to give an impression of hight, I just had to take this picture of my own feet...

The wet road looked like those electric model raceways we had as kids

Comment

Working...
                                X