Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This is Norway - all places without their own thread.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Havoysund,February 2018.

IMGP0231 by yneac yneac, sur Flickr

IMGP0234 by yneac yneac, sur Flickr

IMGP0223 by yneac yneac, sur Flickr

IMGP0227 by yneac yneac, sur Flickr

IMGP0225 by yneac yneac, sur Flickr

IMGP0237 by yneac yneac, sur Flickr

Comment

Hammerfest February 2018

IMGP0350 by yneac yneac, sur Flickr

IMGP0351 by yneac yneac, sur Flickr

IMGP0353 by yneac yneac, sur Flickr

IMGP0355 by yneac yneac, sur Flickr

IMGP0356 by yneac yneac, sur Flickr

Comment

Beautiful, beautiful Finnmark in winter. Great images and memories from your cruise on board.

Does anyone know the name of that local boat of FFR (the one in the last image)?

I didn't know we still had ships like that still in service in Norway.
        With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
        Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

That little boat from FFR is "Gamle Mårøy" built at Kaarbø mechanic yard, Harstad in 1959. It's undergoing restoration in cooperation with the Riksantikvaren (Directorate for Cultural Heritage) and as such got listed as Vernet (protected) in 2007
          "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

Originally posted by Sterkoder View Post
            That little boat from FFR is "Gamle Mårøy" built at Kaarbø mechanic yard, Harstad in 1959. It's undergoing restoration in cooperation with the Riksantikvaren (Directorate for Cultural Heritage) and as such got listed as Vernet (protected) in 2007
            Thank you for the information, S!

After reading your response identifying the name of the vessel, I googled her and found a very charming and beautiful vessel in images and text. Personally, I think she is the much cuter little sister of "Gamle Salten"....

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

1/3/2018.
              BRONNOYSUND

DSC05140 by yneac yneac, sur Flickr

IMGP0557 by yneac yneac, sur Flickr

IMGP0559 by yneac yneac, sur Flickr

IMGP0555 by yneac yneac, sur Flickr

IMGP0560 by yneac yneac, sur Flickr

Comment

IMGP0562 by yneac yneac, sur Flickr

IMGP0565 by yneac yneac, sur Flickr

IMGP0574 by yneac yneac, sur Flickr

Comment

Very nice report from Brønnøysund. I enjoy being there, but preferably in the summertime.
                  I wonder; do Brønnøysund and Mosjøen "fight" about which city is in the middle of Norway? Mosjøen has a sign saying something like "You are now on the exact center spot of Norway" :-)

Now, do you all know the orca Keiko? From the movies Free Willy? That orca was once so famous it drew all kind of media and people to a very small place in Halsa municipality in 2003.
                  The orca Keiko died of pneumonia at Taknes in Halsa December 12th 2003, and the whale is buried there, at the beech. On the side of the road E-39 to Trondheim, the road authorities put a sign saying "Keikos grave 3 km", and starstruck people and even tourists traveled there like crazy.
                  Anyway, that was many years ago, and I don't belive there are many visiting the grave these days. My daughter and I were alone for the entire visit last Friday and as Taknes being a nice place, here are a few pictures

The area viewed from the parking area. We look into the fjord towards Vinje. The small island there is Taknesøya (if anyone want to Google). The grave and sign can be seen in the lower part of the picture
                  SSL26122 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Under this pile of rocks lies the remains of orca Keiko
                  SSL26132 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Children write messages to Keiko
                  SSL26126 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Had to take this one, as the sun lit up the small island
                  SSL26131 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

"IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

I'm one of those hundreds that have driven by the sign indicating the location of the grave, always thinking perhaps next time.

The location is either in place where I have to hurry to catch the ferry or where I have to hurry to get home to Trondheim.

Great images from the place, great location!

Comment

Working...
                    X