Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WOW! Fantastic pictures from a mountain night. An old dream of mine to walk into the hillside and swampy areas of Frei to take foggy pictures..., but I can never get out of bed that early
    "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

• You’ve been posting delight after delight all week Captain, and here’s another - especially the blues and purples, mist and trees and fells of #270/1. Though I recollect it as being Midsummer - June, not July.
      I had been longing, aching, to get to Norway around that time. But I couldn't get away, or felt I couldn't. (D is still awaiting a date for the surgery he was expecting then.)
      Anyway, now your beautiful image is here to like and love. Even more so in the context of reading about your extraordinary journey of a summer night.
      Last edited by Seagull; December 31st, 2016, 08:43.

Comment

• I'd been trying to say Captain that this is another of your images that I imagine hugely enlarged (perhaps in this case slightly cropped to give a wider aspect ratio) and displayed on the wall of a spacious room - a large wall which I don't have, as you were saying about your Trondheim images yesterday.

I'm not sure whether you know or not, but I was upgraded to a huge two-bedroomed suite at the Chatrium hotel! Vast expanses of white wall, and although I liked the smallish artworks displayed I was imagining it differently. The suite had views of city and river, wonderful to contemplate after dark, and I was imagining complementing that view with a huge enlargement of one of your "Trondheim in silver and gold" images on the wall of the sitting room. And in the smaller bedroom I'd place that pair of images I made a connection with and call "Your two countries ...your two roads".

And Sterkoder! I meant to say I often think of some of your images in this way also, generally arranged in groups with a theme. And, while I was giggling at your fun "I can never get out of bed that early" I was also remembering your night rides - many an early start for an early ferry to get somewhere before an arriving cruise ship!

Comment

• Sterkoder
          Sterkoder commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm smiling when I'm caught red handed by saying I can never get up early to take a morning foggy picture by a swamp.
          It's much more easy to get out of bed at 3:30 AM when a big ship is at the other end, combined with a cardrive to Dombås and Oppdal afterwards, than "just" fog over a swamp.
          But I can understand you thinking "now he talks without his brain being connected".

• Originally posted by ombugge View Post
        New attraction planned in Loen: http://www.smp.no/nyheter/article11158087.ece

Will this be realized and, if so, can it be profitable??

Want to test the new attraction in Loen?? Come along for a beautiful 5 min. trip: http://www.smp.no/nyheter/2017/05/02...ick_articles=2
        Sorry, only Norwegian commentary.

Comment

Working...
      X