Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This is Norway - all places without their own thread.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, you can always rely upon "Kjellen" to have a solution to any problem.
    Here is his solution to Mannen problem: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRGqAgq3DBI
    Sorry, only in Norwegian, or actually Sunnmore dialect, but I guess you will get the drift of his thoughts??

If fact, the mountain has stabilized somewhat with the colder and dryer weather. At this time there is no indication that the avalanche is imminent: http://www.smp.no/nyheter/article10289783.ece

To use "water bombing" to help in the process is not likely, or even guaranteed to have the desired effect: http://www.smp.no/nyheter/article10288887.ece

Comment

24 reasons why you should go to visit Norway (I know the language may be Thai, but the images are INTERNATIONALLY beautiful!!!):

http://65blogs.com/travel/24-reasons...-go-to-norway/
      With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
      Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

• nari
        nari commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks for these, pakarang. I have quite a few of them already but I love the ones of Senja.

Nari

• Tommi
        Tommi commented
        Editing a comment
        They've made a great selection of photographs to illustrate that article.

Indeed.. that must be the best collection of photographs to show the best of the country.

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Today my daughter and me drove on a roadtrip with our cameras.
        We drove from our home at Frei via Gjemnes, Eide, Elnesvågen, Bud, Farstad, Vevang, Atlantic Road, Averøy and back home.

Here's the container ship JAN at Høgset terminal in Gjemnes with Averøy in the background

A kilometer after, we se out Freifjorden with Tustna in a distance. Frei and Freikollen mountain to the left

You see Frei church to the left of the center, and my home is in the close to dead center of the image

A couple of kilometers more and we stopped for some nice colours in a fishfarm with mountain Meekknoken in the background

No images from Bud this time, so just before we drove onto the Atlantic Road, we stopped at Vevang
        A company make, repair, clean and impregnate fishnets. Here two are hung to dry after preparation

View out the fjord, Tustna east of Kristiansund in a distance and Freikollen to the right
        "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

• Tommi
          Tommi commented
          Editing a comment
          #214:8, I love the "beauty of nothing", it's just wonderful.

Almost forgot, before we came to Vevang, and even before Elnesvågen and Bud, we had a stop in Eide to see if we could get in at the Nilsen-museum.
        This is a museum for old bulldozers, tractors, excavators and most of all veteran cars.

Museum was closed, but had to take a few images of not yet restored equipment outside, and here's a rusty (understatement of the year) old Fordson tractor

A 10-RS Ruston-Bucyrus excavator from I don't know which year

Anyone ever heard of a Güldner tracktor? I haven't.

Comment

Post 215 : these are the kinds of playground we grew up as a kid. LOL.

Wonderful memories. The smell and the old rusting vehicles - had a lot of fun climbing those.

Comment

Could not post in the Shipspotter-thread due to that stupid 'Invalid Sign' error again..., so I'l try here: SAGA SKY and HC NADJA MARIA anchored in Freifjorden today

Comment

Güldner was a famous tractor company in Germany in the 50ies and 60ies. They were originally a motor company and many other tractor companies used also their motors.
              You can see them quite often here in South Germany. A friend of mine has a very similar one to get the wood for his oven.

link to pictures:
              http://www.fahrzeugbilder.de/name/ga...dner~alle.html
              Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

• nari
                nari commented
                Editing a comment
                Magical photos of Norway's unique fjords. Thanks.

There are pictures from Farstad beach 5 or 6 pages down in this thread, from a trip we had during Easter 2013. Last weekend we took a trip again, to one of the most beautiful places in the area (just a short detour of about 15-20 minutes from the Atlantic Road, Ralf;-) ).

Because we are now two photographers in our family, it is possible to show the oldest in his own world scanning for motifs (haha) :-)
              This is how 'Sterkoder' looks when walking Farstadstrand

Just found something (Nope, did not get wet. GoreTex you know)

Here's what I saw in my viewfinder (my better half and our dog Camilla)

Ooops, hard to maintain balance :-)

And here's the result of that view

Comment

Loving these "photographer in action" shots!

Comment

Thanks, Cecilia! It's the work of Vilde..., and here's one from me, of a female photographer.
                  You guys have to belive me, I took her picture because of the bright orange jacket in contrast to the surrounding colours. And you'all also have to trust me when I say I like her tri-pod..., I really mean her tri-pod ;-)

Comment

When we came to Farstadstran and parked our car, I just had to turn my camera on and fire a testshot

On our way from the car to the beach. It's a 100 meters walk

First beach picture of the day :-)

There were words written in the sand, hearts drawn and smilies...., but of course, I had to take a picture of a fish

Getting low

Many people enjoyed the beach and 3 km walk out to the lighthouse. Among them, this little family

It looks flat and very "straight forward" out here, but the place is full of motifs
                    Last edited by Sterkoder; April 3rd, 2015, 03:23.

Comment

When water runs in sand like this, it creates the most beautiful patterns..., I mean, this is the true art of nature itself. I like it alot.

And of course, these patterns are only visible when there's low tide. I belive a shoreside is always most interesting, photographically, when in low tide.

I could never draw this, even if I tried

Comment

• Seagull
                        Seagull commented
                        Editing a comment
                        You know Svein, many of these actually look rather like your own drawings, and perhaps this is partly why you notice them. #223/2 especially, and I imagine you imagining faces in those lines.

• Tommi
                        Tommi commented
                        Editing a comment
                        These are just very nice, all of them - the feeling of a very good day is just there.

• Sterkoder
                        Sterkoder commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Thanks Tommi..., it means a lot, coming from you :-)

Last four images, just have to put them in here

Rather happy with the clouds this day. Would be too sharp and a dreadful light if we were to have blue sky and a sharp sun

Well, that's all folks! :-)

Comment

• nari
                        nari commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Very evocative photos. I agree totally that the blue sky and glaring sun can be a put-off for photographers. And I totally agree that the best and only way to take thoughtful photos is doing it alone. I have done a lot of walking in our messy, complex forests and grassland and talking to companions does detract from appreciating the landscape, however anti-social it is.

• Sterkoder
                        Sterkoder commented
                        Editing a comment
                        To say it with Steve McCurry, the world famous Magnum photographer: Photography is a solitude endeavour...
                        He also say; If you walk down the street together with others, you can get lost in conversation.
                        So glad I actually got to meet the guy, shake his hand and say thank you :-)

...so nice sand pattern pictures. Only 6 weeks until we start our trip...
                      Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

Working...
                      X