• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pakarang
    started a topic This is Trondheim

This is Trondheim

This is Trondheim.

Before we continue this thread, there are 9 pages in the same category at our old board with more tales and images for you all to enjoy.

http://captainsvoyage.7.forumer.com/viewtopic.php?t=491

Go on, have a look, then come back and continue here.

• yvneac
    replied
    Still Trondheim Under snow, but last February during the call of MS Finnmarken.

Leave a comment:

• yvneac
    commented on 's reply
    Great photos of Trondheim Under snow J-O. I'd like to be there for a walk along these white streets.

• Seagull
    replied
    What a day you’ve had Jan-Olav! You’ve excelled yourself with these snow scenes, both from the ground and from the air.
    Many of these images feel to me differently fresh from your collections in other years. Inspired!

Leave a comment:

• Sterkoder
    replied
    Even if I don't like snow, I think that your pictures from Trondheim is stunning! Thank you! :-)

Leave a comment:

• pakarang
    replied
    Four last shots from today:

2019_01_19 EOS5D-Trondheim-IMG_7283 by Captain Jan-Olav Storli, on Flickr

2019_01_19 EOS5D-Trondheim-IMG_7289 by Captain Jan-Olav Storli, on Flickr

2019_01_19 EOS5D-Trondheim-IMG_7287 by Captain Jan-Olav Storli, on Flickr

2019_01_19 EOS5D-Trondheim-IMG_7286 by Captain Jan-Olav Storli, on Flickr

Leave a comment:

• pakarang
    replied
    Snow, snow and more snow... snow everywhere in town:

2019_01_19 EOS5D-Trondheim-IMG_7275 by Captain Jan-Olav Storli, on Flickr

2019_01_19 EOS5D-Trondheim-IMG_7278 by Captain Jan-Olav Storli, on Flickr

2019_01_19 EOS5D-Trondheim-IMG_7279 by Captain Jan-Olav Storli, on Flickr

2019_01_19 EOS5D-Trondheim-IMG_7281 by Captain Jan-Olav Storli, on Flickr

Leave a comment:

• pakarang
    replied
    Three more from this afternoon:

2019_01_19 MAVIC-Nardo-DJI_0060 by Captain Jan-Olav Storli, on Flickr

2019_01_19 MAVIC-Nardo-DJI_0062 by Captain Jan-Olav Storli, on Flickr

2019_01_19 MAVIC-Nardo-DJI_0063 by Captain Jan-Olav Storli, on Flickr

Leave a comment:

• pakarang
    replied
    Trondheim has been covered in a blanket of snow the past week or so. And it keeps on snowing. Right now, there is about a meter of snow in certain parts of the town.

2019_01_19 MAVIC-Nardo-DJI_0050 by Captain Jan-Olav Storli, on Flickr

2019_01_19 MAVIC-Nardo-DJI_0059 by Captain Jan-Olav Storli, on Flickr

2019_01_19 MAVIC-Nardo-DJI_0053 by Captain Jan-Olav Storli, on Flickr

Leave a comment:

• janihudi
    commented on 's reply
    I was more reffering about how many trucks pass there and that it would be increased.
    People seames to have problems with the trucks everywhere, not understanding that we're there for them. Henny was dooing grosseries and waiting for a truck that was manouvering there.
    Meanwhile a lady was complaning about what such a big truck comes into the village. while the driver was trying to place the truck between wrong parked cars to the grossery door to unload the goods that such kind of people so barrely need.

About the dirty roads there are 2 choises.
    This way or no salting or chemicals and no one can go anywhere.
    Germany don't like salting too, traffic jams all over.
    At this moment southern Germany is suffering under lots of snow.
    Here in Holland they salting already before the snow fals or even start to freeze.
    Traffic jams also, but too many cars while there issn't that much asfalt.
    Traffic jam is just more , while 85% shit there pants when the first snowflake falls.

But also here the salting is the most on the bigger roads
    In villages or citys non or what so ever, exept those roads which the public bus take.
    Even at olderly houses, no salting. Grandpa may break his leg, but no salt there.

But i have mentioned before i like the snow, but we don't get it here like you in Noway, proppably i won't like it then too. LOL

• Sterkoder
    commented on 's reply
    It's not the trucks nor truckers, Thijs.
    It's the crazy salting of roads during winter that makes it all dirty.
    Where I live we have a few miles of public road which is not salted, due to agriculture activity close to the road, and these few miles are always wintery, not always pure white, but white to light grey.
    I'm opposed to salting winter roads, except in steep hills where trucks will have problems anyway.

• janihudi
    commented on 's reply
    be glad trucks are there,
    without them the world stands still.
    but the first to blame at about any occasian, are the trucks and there drivers.
    the sea is to salt, blame the truckers, it's to hot, blame the truckers, my wife don't loves me anymore, blame the truckers. (well ,we have a dear in any other city, so that could be to blame us about)

• nari
    commented on 's reply
    That is rather sad to think about.

• pakarang
    replied
    Trondheim - the dirty city.

If every city would have a slogan, Trondheim at winter would suit the slogan "Trondheim, the dirty city".

During winter, EVERYTHING that has ever been closer than 5 meters of any public road, are so way beyond the worst understanding of the word "dirty".

I had a walk on a road near to my home recently, and within 120 seconds walking along this residential road, a whopping 72 of these dump-trailers passed by.... both ways included!

And according to local government, that is ACCEPTABLE. They have now even preliminary approved an increase of these.

The reason for so many trucks... there are several stone and gravel quarries nearby, and the only way in and out, is through a very dense residential area. If you don't like the traffic, move, is the only answer, according to local government.

Not only are we bothered with heavy dump-truck traffic, but roads are literally drowned in salt and chemicals to melt snow. Even at -5 degrees, the road is soaking wet! How nice.

2018_01_05 Dirty City-IMG_6157 by Captain Jan-Olav Storli, on Flickr

Leave a comment:

• pakarang
    replied
    Trondheim as seen a beautiful autumn afternoon from the top of BLUSUVOLLSBAKKEN:

2018_10_29 G7XM2-PalaengCafe-IMG_3092 by Captain Jan-Olav Storli, on Flickr

Leave a comment:

Working...
X