​​​​​​IMGP0214 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Design of this new office building is done by Snøhetta
    ​​​​​​IMGP0215 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

​​​​​​IMGP0216 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

DS Hansteen and pilot boat LOS099
    ​​​​​​IMGP0217 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Old and new on the sea, DS Hansteen from 1866 and USS Iwo Jima from 2000
    ​​​​​​IMGP0231 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

And finally, I found the art deco-building I mentioned in a thread years back. It's Byhaven, on the corner of Olav Tryggvasson and Nordre
    IMGP0243 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr
    "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

Great set of photos Svein - I probably don't need to tell you which my favourites are!

Having said that, I must add that I enjoyed the architectural ones too
      They have certainly made progress on that Snøhetta building since the beginning of August when I grabbed this shot before the rain started again!

Comment

It is hunting season in Norway:

Comment

Walked over to Ilsvikøra today, and in a small passage between Norwegian School of Photography and another building, there was a hole lot of street art.
          ​​​​​​IMG_4756 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

​​​​​​IMGP0270 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

​​​​​​IMGP0271 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

​​​​​​IMGP0272 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

​​​​​​IMGP0273 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

​​​​​​IMGP0274 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

​​​​​​IMGP0275 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

​​​​​​IMGP0277 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Comment

IMGP0280 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

IMGP0278 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

IMGP0279 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Then we walked up alongside Ilabekken. Did not have my remote control nor tripod, but I managed a couple of 0.5 second shutter images
            ​​​​​​IMG_4757 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

​​​​​​IMG_4758 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

My better half in red jacket and family dog
            ​​​​​​IMGP0283 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Comment

Awesome images, Sterkoder... you literally walked PASSED me in my shop at Fjordgata.

I guess you were not hungry.

I had an hour brake around lunch time, and we also walked almost the same place at the same time! I have pictures to prove it. Strange if I don't see myself in one of your photos.
              With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
              Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

• Sterkoder
                Sterkoder commented
                Editing a comment
                You should've shouted at me, called my name or something.
                I must admit I passed your restaurant, but in the back of my head, I seem to remember something about you working night at the ferry, that you were just in Fjordgata for a short time to check on something and that you should go home to rest and be ready for yet another night shift.
                I'm always hungry, but I guess I was not hungry enough to go in there and eat when I was kind of sure I would not meet you there.
                Then again, I will be in Trondheim more than ever for the coming 1 1/2 years, so I might walk into you one day :-)
                I'm most likely there during a week-end, and Saturday will be the day that I/we the family, walk around in Trondheim.
                Sorry for walking pass your place. Had I known for sure you were there.... :-)

Originally posted by pakarang View Post
              Trondheim "beautification-project":

2018_08_24 EOS5D-Skansen Trondheim-IMG_6728 by Captain Jan-Olav Storli, on Flickr
              Now, it's finished and I like it:

2018_11_01 EOS5D-Trondheim-IMG_7026 by Captain Jan-Olav Storli, on Flickr

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Autumn day in Trondheim last month - what an amazing day it was!

2018_10_10 EOS5D-Nidarosdomen-IMG_6820 by Captain Jan-Olav Storli, on Flickr

Comment

• yvneac
                  yvneac commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I love Trondheim in auuomn.

• pakarang
                  pakarang commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thank you so very much for your visit and comment, yvenac.

Trondheim - and any other city during autumn, is beautiful. Especially when you have foliage like this, as well as sunshine.

Here are some additional images taken around Ila during a walk there earlier this month:

This park at Ila has really become a sanctuary and perhaps one of my favourite parks in Trondheim. The brown building in the background is recently completed apartments. I intended actually to purchase a unit there, but timing was not right.

2018_11_01 EOS5D-Trondheim-IMG_7030 by Captain Jan-Olav Storli, on Flickr

The charm of Trondheim is clearly all the old buildings found throughout many places of the city... these are what makes Trondheim such a beautiful place.

2018_11_01 EOS5D-Trondheim-IMG_7031 by Captain Jan-Olav Storli, on Flickr

2018_11_01 EOS5D-Trondheim-IMG_7033 by Captain Jan-Olav Storli, on Flickr

2018_11_01 EOS5D-Trondheim-IMG_7034 by Captain Jan-Olav Storli, on Flickr

Comment

Here is an interesting "clash" between new and old: brand new mailboxes on a really old, sinking wall: a very cute motif I thought as I walked by:

2018_11_01 EOS5D-Trondheim-IMG_7035 by Captain Jan-Olav Storli, on Flickr

2018_11_01 EOS5D-Trondheim-IMG_7036 by Captain Jan-Olav Storli, on Flickr

Comment

This is clearly one of my most favourite buildings and street corners at or near Ila: I can almost see the old times clearly when looking at the features and details of this building.

2018_11_01 EOS5D-Trondheim-IMG_7039 by Captain Jan-Olav Storli, on Flickr

Comment

• Sterkoder
                      Sterkoder commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I belive the blue plaque between the door and window on the wall a bit into the street there say that this yellow house is the oldest one in Ila.
                      I'm sorry for not remembering the year, but I do remember a certain sadness for the house because the owners does not maintain the house like it should have been, when it got the status of being the oldest house in the area.

Small view of TRONDHIEMS HOSPITAL (yes, spelled in accordance with it's old name)...

2018_11_01 EOS5D-Trondheim-IMG_7040 by Captain Jan-Olav Storli, on Flickr

Comment

For quite some time, I have been dreaming of purchasing an old building in the center of Trondheim, an old apartment with charm. And then this one came up for sale, sadly, the price was way too high in my opinion. I'd like a place in downtown (midtbyen) with charm, high ceilings, a history, but still modernised and energy effective. I'm a city-boy after all.

2018_11_01 EOS5D-Trondheim-IMG_7042 by Captain Jan-Olav Storli, on Flickr

Comment

For the next image, I was waiting for the city tram to come but after 25 minutes, I gave up waiting and just did this picture without the tram coming:

2018_11_01 EOS5D-Trondheim-IMG_7044 by Captain Jan-Olav Storli, on Flickr

5 minutes later, the tram actually came, but by then, I was already gone.

Comment

A very famous building at Sluppen / Nidarvoll in Trondheim, the SIEMENS office building.

Last week, the building was vacated and everybody moved to the surrounding buildings. There are nobody working in this building anymore now. Siemens wants to tear it down and build something new, but there are som historical interests in the building. The Directorate for Cultural Heritage has arrived in the discussions and they are resisting the destruction of this building because of it's architectural features.

Personally, I hope it will remain, and I hope it won't be torn down.

This is a building I remember from early in my childhood.

Also, the building has a historical Christmas tree mounted in it's windows every year. Traditionally, this green tree has always been facing the town, but last year it faced towards south (Okstadbakken) and that created wild protests. Therefore, they created a voting place on Facebook so that the majority could decide. I cast my vote yesterday, and at that time 51% wanted it to face the city as per tradition, and 49% wanted it to face towards the south (facing all the people going to town).

Guess which side of the building I want the Christmas tree to be.

2018_11_21 G7XM2-SiemensTrondheim-IMG_3250 by Captain Jan-Olav Storli, on Flickr

Comment

Working...
                          X