This is Trondheim

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Azimut View Post
    I only knew Trondheim mostly from the sea side, and it was from the years I worked onboard hurtigruten.

But anyway, I tried the test and of course got a miserable result.
    But funny anyway.
    I too thought I knew all the statues but it was harder than I thought!
    With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
    Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Wonderful collection from a summery city full of colour and light - the way we (especially me) love to see the city.

Why that seagull was alone with that fish?

All the others were at the city square looking for discarded hamburgers and kebab's.... LOL

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Since my daughter now has an apartment in Trondheim, due to her starting the studies to be a professional photographer this fall, I must say Trondheim is my second home. I love the city!
        We (she) got the key and took over the apartment this week-end, and what a week-end to be in Trondheim! The nicest weather and happy people all over, and then there is Bakklandet. You just have to experience.

Bybrua
        ​​​​​​IMG_3720 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Some narrow passages remind me of Copenhagen
        SSL26269 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

View from the Bybrua
        SSL26274 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Bakklandet. My partner for almost 30 years, my daughter and our dog on the bench there by the white building
        ​​​​​​SSL26275 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

My partner, Sigrun, and our dog, Camilla, resting at Bakklandet
        ​​​​​​SSL26284 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

A narrow passage at Bakklandet
        ​​​​​​SSL26288 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Nidelven
        ​​​​​​IMG_3722 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Nygata at Bakklandet
        ​​​​​​SSL26292 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr
        "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

Bakklandet, you just have to be there to experience the mood of the city
          ​​​​​​IMG_3723 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Baklandet Skydsstation, a café and restaurant said to have the best food in the area. We've just had a meal, so we didn't try. Next time though...
          ​​​​​​IMG_3724 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Looking south at Bakklandet
          ​​​​​​SSL26307 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

View from Baklandet Skydsstation towards the street leading to Bybrua (left)
          ​​​​​​SSL26313 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

A "kumlokk" (have no idea what this is called in english) in Nygata at Bakklandet
          SSL26294 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Holstveita between St. Olavs gate and Tordenskiolds gate
          ​​​​​​IMG_3726 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Comment

What a splendid weather!

Comment

Surreal? Bizarre? Disconcerting? I'm lost for words even more than recently /usually
              But I can definitely say that as well as all those first reactions it is also interesting/ /intriguing/fascinating/ and a great pleasure to suddenly click on this post and find myself in a Trondheim looking like so many images of Kristiansund I'd seen through your eyes and lens!

Of course you've posted in this thread before, but it is those bright sharp blue-sky views that are like so many of your own city, and a familiar aspect of your distinctive style.

As it happens I walked through some of those very streets en route to Kristiansten fortress quite recently in my brief time in Trondheim early May ...and even had some lunch in Baklandet Skydsstation!
              I haven't posted those photos yet, but slow isn't always a bad thing. Just to remind you, my Trondheim photos are in an own thread here in CVF, and, entirely due to my slowness in cancelling a Photobucket account, the links will continue to work! The earliest images there are from winter months when some of those cafés feel so cosy inside and welcoming in a different way. Anyway, it won't be long before you'll be able to enjoy Trondheim in another different way through the fresh eyes of a professional photographer-to-be!

Comment

Yeah! Trondheim is indeed a beautiful city - when it's sunny and summer! LOL

Glad that you are enjoying my town, but you really need to send me a text or something next time. Would love to invite you to a cup of coffee in town! I know most of the coffee shops and know exactly where to go for the best coffee and cakes and .... ehh... cinnamon rolls! I have become a local expert at coffee shops, having visited nearly all of them at some point over the past 6 months.

And I agree, Bakklandet is our jewel. Imagine that this area could actually have been replaced with a four lane MOTORWAY back some 40 years ago. Local government wanted to tear the entire area down, because of it's decaying building and streets.... and replace the area with a four-lane motorway!

Thank heavens for those who protested and protested and opposed the plans.... without them, Trondheim would have been a LOT less interesting!.

Each time I'm at Bakklandet, I keep on thinking about the fact that we are so extremely fortunate to still have this area. As you say, IT HAS TO BE EXPERIENCED!

Comment

Absolutely. Every time I am in this city I think it could be a nice place to live . And Bakklandet, wow, I love it.

Comment

A few from Trondheim and our visit there just over a week ago.

Corner of Sandgata and St. Olavs gate
                    ​​​​​​SSL26258 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Dronningens gate from Hospitalgata
                    ​​​​​​SSL26262 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

From the corner of Dronningens gate and St. Olavs gate, looking further in Dronningens gate. The white tram is Gråkallbanen.
                    ​​​​​SSL26266 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Gråkallbanen tram driving away from me into Dronningens gate before turning left up Tordenskiolds gate
                    ​​​​​​SSL26267 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Corner St. Olavs gate and Kongens gate
                    ​​​​​​SSL26263 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Comment

Very nice images from a VERY NICE city, Sterkoder!

Don't forget to let me know if you have 30 minutes available some time!

Comment

Trondheim back in January - those darker nights aren't far away now...

2018_01_17 Nidelven-IMG_0539-vers1 by Captain Jan-Olav Storli, on Flickr

2018_01_17 Nidelven-IMG_0541-vers1 by Captain Jan-Olav Storli, on Flickr

Comment

Sorry to say this, but I'm not looking forward to the colder period that starts pretty soon... summer has been generally nice, but I've been so busy I don't feel I got to enjoy it like I could have.

2018_01_19 Nardo-IMG_0544 by Captain Jan-Olav Storli, on Flickr

Comment

Spring, summer, autumn and winter - time flies so fast. Year by year.

Here is from a mile to Storfossen in Malvik earlier this summer, on a warm and beautiful day:

2018_06_30 EOS5D - Malvikmarka-IMG_6412 by Captain Jan-Olav Storli, on Flickr

2018_06_30 EOS5D - Malvikmarka-IMG_6413 by Captain Jan-Olav Storli, on Flickr

2018_06_30 EOS5D - Malvikmarka-IMG_6416 by Captain Jan-Olav Storli, on Flickr

Comment

Here are some additional images taken with the camera mounted seagull: anyone know why the water here in Trøndelag and mid-Norway is so brown all the time?

2018_06_30 Storfossen-Malvik-DJI_0526 by Captain Jan-Olav Storli, on Flickr

2018_06_30 Storfossen-Malvik-DJI_0523 by Captain Jan-Olav Storli, on Flickr

2018_06_30 Storfossen-Malvik-DJI_0522 by Captain Jan-Olav Storli, on Flickr

Comment

From the second hike the same day, when trying to find a special viewpoint south-east of the city drinking water JONSVANNET, called JERVFJELLET (didn't find it though).

2018_06_30 EOS5D - Malvikmarka-IMG_6420 by Captain Jan-Olav Storli, on Flickr

2018_06_30 EOS5D - Malvikmarka-IMG_6422 by Captain Jan-Olav Storli, on Flickr

2018_06_30 EOS5D - Malvikmarka-IMG_6425 by Captain Jan-Olav Storli, on Flickr

Comment

Working...
                                X