This is Trondheim

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment on YouTube video of 2018-April-19: I heart Trondheim

Dear Captain, your 'Questions' this time first asked for my favourite spot in Trondheim. That's not easy to decide, but I don't think I have ever been in the city without at some point finding myself at Ravnkloa and pausing a while at the steps next to the statue "Den Siste Viking".

But then I also have a favourite seat at Ila from which I look across to Munkholmen, a favourite rock to sit on at Hansbakkfjæra, and a favourite C-gull’s eye view over the city from Kristiansten Fortress!

Another question asks what is my favourite memory of Trondheim..
    That must surely be the 24th July 2010 which is crammed with memories, from a 'fjord cruise' on Fosen and a total exploration of Ranheim to a spectacular helicopter trip! I somehow squeezed so much into that single day that it seems to defy notions of time.

June 2013 when Serenissima returned to Trondheim has such special memories too.

Comment

Originally posted by Seagull View Post
      Comment on YouTube video of 2018-April-19: I heart Trondheim

Dear Captain, your 'Questions' this time first asked for my favourite spot in Trondheim. That's not easy to decide, but I don't think I have ever been in the city without at some point finding myself at Ravnkloa and pausing a while at the steps next to the statue "Den Siste Viking".

But then I also have a favourite seat at Ila from which I look across to Munkholmen, a favourite rock to sit on at Hansbakkfjæra, and a favourite C-gull’s eye view over the city from Kristiansten Fortress!

Another question asks what is my favourite memory of Trondheim..
      That must surely be the 24th July 2010 which is crammed with memories, from a 'fjord cruise' on Fosen and a total exploration of Ranheim to a spectacular helicopter trip! I somehow squeezed so much into that single day that it seems to defy notions of time.

June 2013 when Serenissima returned to Trondheim has such special memories too.
      Yeah! I agree on the Ravnkloa area!

But, I feel the area has lost it's charm the last decade(s). In the past, this was a really busy area selling a lot of fish and seafood - I remember Saturdays inside the old Ravnkloa building: it was very often jam-packed with people looking for something from the sea. Today, the prices are so inflated that there are rarely people going there. Also, I think it's now illegal to sit on the dockside eating fresh shrimps.

Ahhhh.... the good old "Fosen"... and now, I'm about to relinquish my command on board the K too. Time flies.
      With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
      Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Here is a brain-exercise for all of you that THINKS you got Trondheim well covered... I thought I knew the location of all statues, having walked and biked so much in this city, but this was actually harder than I thought.

Use the CMD and your mouse to zoom in and place the status where you THINK they are located. This wasn't as easy as I thought!

https://www.adressa.no/tjenester/kon...m-16574678.ece

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

I only knew Trondheim mostly from the sea side, and it was from the years I worked onboard hurtigruten.

But anyway, I tried the test and of course got a miserable result.
          But funny anyway.

Comment

AMCAR Trondheim had their Spring Meet 2018 at City Lade today, resulting in a spontaneous visit to the beautiful city of Trondheim

Østre Kanalhavn and Gryta, with the police station in the background
            ​​​​​​SSL25206 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

"It's walking distance to everything - if you got time" painted on one of the steps at the walking bridge by the Trondheim railway station
            ​​​​​​SSL25208 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

A view from that bridge towards Rockheim to the left
            ​​​​​​SSL25211 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

View the other way
            SSL25212 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

On top of the bridge
            SSL25215 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Down by the HSC terminal at Brattørkaia
            SSL25218 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

This is LISE, the former police boat NJORD in Kristiansund
            SSL25220 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

A seagull found a hole fish. Strange thing; where are all the other seagulls? I expected "hundreds" when one found something to eat...
            SSL25223 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr
            "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

Sculpture at the Brattørkaia
              ​​​​​​SSL25224 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Fasade of Clarion Hotel & Congress
              ​​​​​​SSL25226 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Looking into Brattørtveita. Had to do this in b/w
              SSL25202 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Rockheim
              ​​​​​​SSL25198 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Munkholmen in b/w as seen from the Trondheim Railway station walkway bridge over to Brattørkaia
              SSL25216 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr
              Last edited by Sterkoder; April 29th, 2018, 23:42.

Comment

Nice images Sterkoder - certainly hope you enjoyed your stay in Trondheim!

The clouds in the Munkholmen shot really came out well in B&W.

I heard about the car-show yesterday afternoon, a little after they had broken up and returned home.

Comment

• Sterkoder
                  Sterkoder commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I traveled with a friend who was on duty as guard on board the floating oil storage vessel NJORD BRAVO moored in Kristiansund, so he had to be back at a certain time in the evening. If not I might have contacted you (don't know your working schedule though.
                  We were at the American Car Clubs arrangement for just under an hour (we were told there would be old military vehicles there, but it was not), so we went down to Egon for a snack (pizza buffet, you know ;-) ) and then we drove over to Norsk Fotofagskole at Ila, just to see where the school was (as my daughter is starting her 2 year photographer education there this fall) Note: One happy father, on search for a place for her to live with at least her own bathroom. Anyone?

This past week-end, the students who are finished with their two years at Norsk Fotofagskole had their farewell-party and exhibition.
                Each of the 38 students also placed their portfolio on tables for us visitors to look through.
                My daughter will start her two years education to become a professional photographer this fall, and as we had to go to Trondheim to sign a contract for her new appartement, we made a week-end out of it as a family, booked a room at the Clarion Hotel & Congress Trondheim at Brattøra, and "did" Trondheim. I didn't bring the Pentax all the time, but here are a few pictures from this beautiful city June 9th 2018.

Outside the reception area
                SSL26133 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

ZENITH visited Trondheim Saturday
                SSL26136 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Just a corner on the back side of Rema1000 at Brattøra
                SSL26134 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

View from a bench in the Nidarosdomen cathedral garden
                SSL26138 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Another view from that bench
                SSL26137 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Top of the cathedral. If you look closely, a spiders web has just loosened and swing around in the light breeze
                SSL26141 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Details from the west wall
                SSL26145 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

West wall
                SSL26149 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Comment

Rockheim again, from another angle
                  SSL26153 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Sunday came with AURORA moored in front of the hotel (iPhone photo)
                  IMG_3634 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Munkholmen to the left with AURORA, Pirbadet and hotel to the right
                  IMG_3633 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

A little green house on our way to the Norsk Fotofagskole
                  IMG_3631 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Across the gangway from that little green house
                  IMG_3632 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

And in the vicinity, there is a mill (iPhone photo)
                  IMG_3630 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Comment

Then we arrived at the school in their location at Ila, or rather Mellomila
                    IMG_3628 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

The main entrance is in the back yard, ant there was a few remains from the party they had on Friday night
                    IMG_3626 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Inside, the walls were covered with very nice pictures, and they all told a story (which is the main purpose with pictures)
                    IMG_3617 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

On the second floor, we looked through almost all of the 38 portfolios. What an inspiring place to be, what energy boost it was to walk in that building with all the creative energy around. (My daughter is to the far right)
                    IMG_3627 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

On our way back to the hotel, it was time for ice cream from Simens isbar placed between the hotel and Rockheim
                    SSL26154 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

This was a picture taken unintentionally with my iPhone, but I saved it, because it can be a final picture showing how Trondheim put my world upside down, in a positive way
                    IMG_3605 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Azimut View Post
                      I only knew Trondheim mostly from the sea side, and it was from the years I worked onboard hurtigruten.

But anyway, I tried the test and of course got a miserable result.
                      But funny anyway.
                      I too thought I knew all the statues but it was harder than I thought!

Comment

Wonderful collection from a summery city full of colour and light - the way we (especially me) love to see the city.

Why that seagull was alone with that fish?

All the others were at the city square looking for discarded hamburgers and kebab's.... LOL

Comment

Since my daughter now has an apartment in Trondheim, due to her starting the studies to be a professional photographer this fall, I must say Trondheim is my second home. I love the city!
                          We (she) got the key and took over the apartment this week-end, and what a week-end to be in Trondheim! The nicest weather and happy people all over, and then there is Bakklandet. You just have to experience.

Bybrua
                          ​​​​​​IMG_3720 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Some narrow passages remind me of Copenhagen
                          SSL26269 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

View from the Bybrua
                          SSL26274 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Bakklandet. My partner for almost 30 years, my daughter and our dog on the bench there by the white building
                          ​​​​​​SSL26275 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

My partner, Sigrun, and our dog, Camilla, resting at Bakklandet
                          ​​​​​​SSL26284 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

A narrow passage at Bakklandet
                          ​​​​​​SSL26288 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Nidelven
                          ​​​​​​IMG_3722 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Nygata at Bakklandet
                          ​​​​​​SSL26292 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Comment

Bakklandet, you just have to be there to experience the mood of the city
                            ​​​​​​IMG_3723 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Baklandet Skydsstation, a café and restaurant said to have the best food in the area. We've just had a meal, so we didn't try. Next time though...
                            ​​​​​​IMG_3724 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Looking south at Bakklandet
                            ​​​​​​SSL26307 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

View from Baklandet Skydsstation towards the street leading to Bybrua (left)
                            ​​​​​​SSL26313 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

A "kumlokk" (have no idea what this is called in english) in Nygata at Bakklandet
                            SSL26294 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Holstveita between St. Olavs gate and Tordenskiolds gate
                            ​​​​​​IMG_3726 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Comment

What a splendid weather!

Comment

Working...
                              X