This is Trondheim

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: This is Trondheim

It now strikes me that #928/1 is exactly the kind of picture I dreamed to be able to shoot in the end of the 90's. Now it kind of was shot without any problems at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Tommi View Post
      It now strikes me that #928/1 is exactly the kind of picture I dreamed to be able to shoot in the end of the 90's. Now it kind of was shot without any problems at all.
      There are many worth mentioning here, but 928/1 is superb!!!!

May we get technical information, such as camera settings, tripod/monopod and such?

I'm eager learning night shots, and I want to learn from those who can teach me. I love night shots with wet streets...., specially with surfaces like that, wet 'brostein'.
      "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

Originally posted by Sterkoder View Post
        There are many worth mentioning here, but 928/1 is superb!!!!

May we get technical information, such as camera settings, tripod/monopod and such?

I'm eager learning night shots, and I want to learn from those who can teach me. I love night shots with wet streets...., specially with surfaces like that, wet 'brostein'.
        I'm getting more and more fascinated of wet things in all formats, the water brings some kind of a special dimension to the pictures.

The technical stuff: raw picture & ISO3200. Aperture priority with a wide open lens, which in this case is f/4. I have chosen to underexpose with -2/3EV which resulted that the automatic set the exposure time at 1/25 seconds.
        Image stabilizer in lens, a phographer holding his breath and a bit of luck resulted in decent sharpness.
        I travelled without a tripod, but with a monopod that I never used... [mental note to myself: stop packing monopods when travelling]

I think there are three technical key aspects that made this picture: I believed that ISO3200 would come out ok, the image stabilzer in the lens and some kind of technique to stand still.
        And of course the Trondheim rain!

So how to further technically improve this shot?
        Tripod of course, lower ISO to 200-400, raise aperture to around f/8 and exposure time to whatever the automatic tells you (about 4 secs?).

Comment

Dear Tommi,

Your shots are inspiring and absolutely superb....

And there I was, thinking there was nothing to take pictures of... sometimes, it takes a fresh set of eyes to see the beauty.....

The pleasure was entirely mine!
          With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
          Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Another perspective of Trondheim:

http://kortreist.adressa.no/forside/article18717.ece

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

In 2013 Trondheim Firebrigade celebrate 150 years with a veteran firetrucks exhibition in Trondheim 3.-5. May.
              There will be cars from all over Norway, and Kristiansund Firebrigade is represented by 4 firetrucks/cars and crew in authentic clothing from the year the trucks were operational.

So, if someone in the area is interested in old firetrucks and photography, there will be a great oportunity the coming weekend.

Here's a picture of the four firetrucks/cars from Kristiansund when visiting Oslo earlier
              (Photo: via Kristiansund Kommunes hjemmeside)

From left to right:
              1948 GMC, once part of the Marshall-help to Norway during the rebuilding of Norway after WWII. Only one left.
              1956 Ford
              1956 Willys Jeep
              1925 Leyland. This one is a jewel and has a prize for being the best kept veteran firetruck in Norway!
              Last edited by Sterkoder; April 29th, 2013, 21:19.
              "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

Street views in Trondheim

Comment

I had missed your pictures Tommi. I love the almost "purity" of all the pictures in #928, but I have a very soft spot for #925/3 and the red light glowing in the midst of the town. And what to say about #926/3 ? I feel like I'm in space, overlooking the ring of Saturn. Stunning.

Yves, when did you take your pictures? The first one is very funny! Naughty girl looking under the skirt (is the Vikings' underwear protocol similar to that of the Scots?).
                  Last edited by Sarnia; May 21st, 2013, 18:30.
                  MS Lofoten April 2006, March 2012, Feb 2013. MS Polarlys Dec 2010. MS Fram Feb 2009, Sep 2011.
                  Upcoming : MS Fram Dec 2013, MS Lofoten Sep 2014
                  My travelblog : http://voyageterremer.blogspot.com. Hurtigruten, Antarctica, Svalbard, Norway (and other places...).

Comment

Thank you Sarnia!

Nice street photography Yves, I like those captured little moments.

Comment

Sarnia,petite coquine(you,little rascal!)
                      PS:May 2011.

Tommi.These pics. are very little things compared to yours.

Comment

Before summer SUDDENLY arrived with a big bang:

Comment

Golden skies, what a great capture.

Comment

Originally posted by Tommi View Post
                            Golden skies, what a great capture.
                            Thank you very much Tommi!

Comment

Two skies, two glorious images.

Comment

Originally posted by Seagull View Post
                                Two skies, two glorious images.
                                Needless to say, thank you very much for your generous encouragement.

Comment

Working...
                                X