Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: This is Trondheim

Trondheim today...:

I spent A LONG time cleaning the image... I really need to send my camera to professional cleaning.... full of dots and spots in every image!

With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
    Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

A few more, in case you would like to see them all:

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

One final bonus if I can call it a bonus:

Comment

Glorious photos Jan Olav - especially love that last one - so much to look at.
          Cheers,

Mark.

www.pologlover.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by PoloUK View Post
            Glorious photos Jan Olav - especially love that last one - so much to look at.
            Thank you very much Mark.

I was freezing a LOT to get these images... with a slight breeze and a brisk negative 12 degrees... I was really freezing to get them.

But, I really found out that I need to send the camera to professional cleaning ASAP (before summer and cruise), because I had so many spots in the skies to erase!

Comment

#891:1, wow, that's some colors you've got there! Fabulous.
              Is #893 taken before or after #891:1?

Regarding the spots, you've already tried a normal blow-bellow?

Comment

You achieved the impossible today pakarang:- Lady C utterly unable to select a favourite!!!!!!!

I love them ALL.

Just have to mention and marvel at that specially brilliant "starburst" so perfectly placed right in the centre of the bonus image though!

Comment

Well, what can I say...., as long as most describing words are used?
                  Let me use a word from another post of mine a couple of days ago: Master!

Now, I'm also coloured by the fact that Trondheim was my "home" in the early eighties (Stjørdal, to be correct, but Trondheim was frequently visited then). I love that city!

As for the dust in your camera...
                  I've already had my Pentax sent to Oslo for professional cleaning and change of CMOS, and that was before it was 6 month old.
                  Then I got myself the Tamron 18-200mm so that I needn't open the camera and expose it to dust.
                  Now there are more dust than ever!
                  I suspect my K-x is what we in Norway call a 'mandagskamera' or a 'venstrehåndsprodukt'.

Yesterday I thought about going for the Pentax K-5 II, but came out from the camera dealer with a package of batteries...
                  (Transport roundtrip Kristiansund-Oslo, cleaning, change of CMOS and being without camera for 14 days costed me NOK 1.400,- by the way)

I must, at the end of this post, again return to your images. That panorama was really great!!
                  "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

Oh wow... Stunning pictures once again, Jan-Olav... They are all beautiful but I have a soft spot for the first one and the bonus one.
                    But in all I feel the cold through these delicates winter light and colors which you captured so beautifully.
                    Of all my trips to Norway (and probably of my whole life) Trondheim is the codlest place I've visited with -13° on Christmas day 2010. Very cold, but like here with a crisp, sunny winter weather and such special light.
                    MS Lofoten April 2006, March 2012, Feb 2013. MS Polarlys Dec 2010. MS Fram Feb 2009, Sep 2011.
                    Upcoming : MS Fram Dec 2013, MS Lofoten Sep 2014
                    My travelblog : http://voyageterremer.blogspot.com. Hurtigruten, Antarctica, Svalbard, Norway (and other places...).

Comment

Originally posted by Tommi View Post
                      Regarding the spots, you've already tried a normal blow-bellow?
                      Yes, I tried that many a time, with varying results.

Originally posted by Seagull View Post
                      Just have to mention and marvel at that specially brilliant "starburst" so perfectly placed right in the centre of the bonus image though!
                      When I studied this image on my computer after downloading, I actually thought to myself...: "I bet Lady C will notice that star in the center"...

Originally posted by Sterkoder View Post
                      Let me use a word from another post of mine a couple of days ago: Master!
                      Thank you very much, Sterkoder. It means a lot to me to hear your blessing, but I still think I have quite a long way to go to reach the level I want to be. I'll keep working on it, and some day, I will find the key to my own progress I hope.

Originally posted by Sarnia View Post
                      But in all I feel the cold through these delicates winter light and colors which you captured so beautifully.
                      Thank you very much as well Sarnia, thank you so much.

Yes, it was cold... a tiny breeze at the viewpoint and a chilling -12/-13 degrees found it's way through all my openings and my tears froze as fast as they came to the corner of my eye. But, I actually prefer -12 as opposed to the "around -0" degrees. When it is so cold, at least the air is very dry and the weather normally very clear (as in clear skies). But, for me, the 33 degrees on the + side in Thailand is much more comfortable...

Comment

---- and I have to say that I sent my camera to cleaning at Japan Photo in Trondheim yesterday morning, and got it back today... hopefully they got rid of the worst of the dust on the sensor, but I guess I won't know before I take some new long-exposure shots.

Cleaning by Japan Photo costs only 349 NOK, and around 1400 for a more thorough cleaning at Oslo... (4-6 weeks).

Comment

Originally posted by pakarang View Post
                          hopefully they got rid of the worst of the dust on the sensor, but I guess I won't know before I take some new long-exposure shots.
                          Do a test shot:
                          Put camera in aperture priority (Av) mode
                          Select a small aperture (=large value) like 22
                          Shoot something well lit with a solid color (a normal blue/grey sky is perfect) with the focus in a completely incorrect setting
                          Check image for spots

Comment

Here are some images from a REALLY COLD day earlier this year:

Comment

From a walk to Våttakammen viewpoint above Trolla, Trondheim:

Comment

More images from my healthy exercise-walk to Våttakamnen:

Comment

Working...
                                X