This is Trondheim

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pakarang View Post
    I really hope they will eventually build this in Trondheim....
    That would be great…after all, Malmö in Sweden built this ….much more complicated engineering and much of it residential!

Comment

Re: This is Trondheim

Originally posted by Seagull View Post
      That would be great…after all, Malmö in Sweden built this ….much more complicated engineering and much of it residential!
      Could the problem here in Norway be people with limited future visions, people of the Environmental Party "the Green's" and people who wants the city to remain exactly the same as what it was 100 years ago?
      With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
      Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Crap !

This post provoces me !!

Instead of writing an angry reaction, I will take time to formulate
        an appropriate reply.

Comment

I have similar sentiments, Nichu. In other threads we all agree that Alesunds Town Hall is the most ugliest building and spoiling the cities view. Please imagine the view of Trondheims panorama with this big cube. Especially the view from the hills to the fjord... Not nice in my opinion. There is enough room in this area to include the necessary space in more convenient buildings. There are enough of such views all over Asia. We don't need them here in Europe.
          Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

Originally posted by Nichu View Post
            Crap !

This post provoces me !!

Instead of writing an angry reaction, I will take time to formulate
            an appropriate reply.
            So sorry to hear that it provokes you that much, but I'm not saying we should tear down the whole old part of the entire city and build skyscrapers (like they have in ...... Asia ).

In my totally useless and silly opinion, I would like to see a signal-building in this town: something for the future and an icon for the city. Much like the opera house in Oslo or Sydney, or any other famous building somewhere in the world.

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralf__ View Post
              .......There is enough room in this area to include the necessary space in more convenient buildings.......
              Not to be putting myself spun up to the hate-pole here, but where in the port area is there "enough room"? The whole port area, sea front, is taken, and there is hardly any room for any expansion at the moment.

Not even a new cruise dock do they seem to have room for.

Comment

I understand, Jan-Olav and i agree with Sydney Opera House. Something like that would be famous. I have my doubt, if "another" skyscraper will be.
                Regarding the harbour area i think it is not necessary to spend half of the space to park cars there. They could also park under the buildings.
                I remember walking from Hurtigrutekaj to town was boring, through a deserted area.

Comment

I also agree that they should build this in Trondheim! Also Trondheim need a new arena for culture and sport events like i write in under the article. They have possibility to build the new "Trondheim spectrum" and can make the new building as a architectural landmark. Just like Oslo Opera House.

Comment

My initial quick reply to pakarang’s post link to the adressa article was simply in general agreement to a tall modern “landmark” building on the site, and thinking of an iconic example from smaller cities (and northern Europe in particular) rather than just capital cities, immediately brought to mind the Turning Torso in Malmö.

I’ve just come back to this thread and the ensuing discussion. Though I’d like to see such a building here I feel this tower somehow lacks the X-factor, wow-factor or whatever, that special something that all the other examples that we have mentioned in this discussion certainly have.
                    The newspaper article speaks of symbolising a “beacon”, a “lighthouse”, but I do not actually see/feel this reference, other than in height alone.

But much less impressive to me is the blocks of the “giant hall”. This seems disconnected in the total concept, perhaps even detracting from the impact of the tower. I can imagine someone in the future might not immediately realise the tower and hall were contemporaneous.
                    From the architectural sketch, it also seems the hall somewhat detracts from Rockheim!

Comment

Bikes are being stolen at a very high pace in Trondheim, could this be the solution?

http://www.adressa.no/student/article1698466.ece

A robot-operated bike hotel.

Comment

I wouldn't store my bike in there and the cross the city by feet. A bike allows you to ride everywhere so i do it that way. My solution is to use a cheap bike no one wants to steal!

Comment

Originally posted by Ralf__ View Post
                          ....My solution is to use a cheap bike no one wants to steal!
                          That one I really agree to, but for the bike thief, it's not necessarily the expensive bikes that gets stolen. Also cheap bikes are stolen, as they are seen as an easy way to get a cheap transport around town.

Comment

...use a stabile bike lock and the way is not that easy. The thief will take the next one...

Comment

A series of images showing the view from the new Clarion Hotel in Port of Trondheim:

http://www.adressa.no/nyheter/okonom...cle1703410.ece

I think it is really a pity that all the windows are filled with tiny small black dots (to reduce heat loss from the building).

Comment

...far from ideal for our "hotel room view" thread!

Comment

Working...
                                X