Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sponhuset at Lade, Trondheim:

With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
    Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Originally posted by pakarang View Post
      Some people may remember the fire in Fjordgata some years back, in this old thread on the old board (3 pages).

Today, in March 2010, not much has happened, and when I walked by, I grabbed these two shots:

The area a week or so ago:

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Trondheim is so nice! I love that city!!
        There are just too many places even we norwegians haven't explored yet.
        Thanks for taking the effort of bringing your camera around to places not usually seen by non-inhabitants, and for taking the time to edit and post...!!

A little OT, but I'm going to Trøndelag this week-end. Straight to Verdal after work, then attend a confirmation (Olavshallen) tomorrow Saturday, then back to the northern regions again.
        Family, dog and next of kins to bring along, so I doubt there will be time to make a short stop at Ranheim.
        It's much better to be alone for that. No "outsiders" can have any interest of sitting in on the happening of two dedicated CVF'ers meeting...
        "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

I do understand, but I must admit that I do look forward to the next time we manage to meet up and catch up on so many things.

I'll be on night watch on Korsfjord tonight and off again tomorrow morning if all goes well.

Comment

Stopping by Ravnkloa:

Lady C is going to have a fit when she see's this one....

Seriously, you consider 20 degrees SUMMER? Here, it's been an unusually hot week. Around 33. Hopefully it will be back down around the normal 28 after today......it's too hot too early.........

Comment

Originally posted by ehp View Post
              Lady C is going to have a fit when she see's this one.............
              I'm here!!!!!!!!....must have known I was being talked about!
              That is in fact something of a Trondheim classic...me and the last Viking. I get a nice view of Munkholmen from there!!!!!!!!

Comment

Pakarang...I was just having a quick peep at your latest images here, so interesting to see the burnt out building on Fjordgata. And SUCH attractive images of your waffle venue!!!....Sponhuset looks charming.

And Sterkoder, here's wishing you a great weekend on your travels.

Comment

A stressful but very ok week-end in Trondheim (a few hours Saturday) and Verdal, gave these images from me:
                  Trondheim City Hall (where we parked after the ceremony in Olavshallen, to attend the party at Statens Hus (as I'm sure J-O knows where)).

Looking north from Nidarosdomen towards the statue of Olav Tryggvasson

A statue outside Kunstmuseet which I know nothing about

Same as above

A sculpture of some sort on the way from Olavshallen to Nidarosdomen
                  (Found it more interesting in b/w)

In memory of the victims of the fight for freedom 1940-45. A statue inside the park of Nidarosdomen
                  Last edited by Sterkoder; May 15th, 2011, 20:53.

Comment

Then we have the mandatory images of the Nidarosdomen (Nidaros Cathedral).
                    Please note that for my images here, I only brought my 18-55mm lense.

Fantastic awesome building, after norwegian standards, anyway...

Detail in b/w of the west wall

The north side

Comment

Re: This is Trondheim

Two recent images from a trip to Saksvik-korsen which is at the border between Malvik and Trondheim County, and an old stop on the old pilgrim-route:

Comment

Just outside of Trondheim, at the sea-front in Hommelvika:

Comment

Just outside of Trondheim, at the sea-front in Hommelvika:

One more from the same trip to the sea shore:

Comment

Quite a bit further out of town, but still along the Trondheims Fjord and before you reach Hommelvika:

Comment

Some from today's bicycletrip part 1

First "pitstop" at Stavne: (With my "ride" )

Nearby a new underpass of the railway is being built.
                              Built on one side of the tracks, and the 600 tons moved in place during a 48 hour closure of the line.:

The local newspaper Adressa has a quickfilm of the move.

http://www.adressa.no/nyheter/trondh...cle1636736.ece

Comment

Trip part 2

At Skansen, happy schoolchildren had a day in the open.
                                Police, Fire Brigade, Red Cross, Ambulance and other emergency units were holding lectures on safety.

How to behave by and on the sea also a subject.
                                And learning how to sail.

Watched by teachers,instructors and some Polish sailing tourists.

Comment

Working...
                                X