No announcement yet.

This is Trondheim

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't know the origin of the expression, but in Norway we have a saying; 'Jula varer helt til påske' (Christmas last all the way to Easter), and only now I see the christmas decoration on that image of post #448.
    Looks like it's ment to resemble a ship or something. Wonder if they have the lights switched on at this time of year...?
    "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

Well.... thank you all for your comments, you all have no idea how much they mean to me. When I sit in my room trying to decide whether to go out or not, I always think about the question on who wants to see my images, and what they want to see. If nobody noticed my images, I would most likely have sold my camera a long time ago. I have mentioned a few times before, but I do venture into a couple of other foreign language (aka Thai) photography forums, and they have given me so much inspiration.

Just taking pictures to fill up my hard drive would be totally meaningless, so I appreciate all comments, from the bottom of my heart.

Well spotted Sterkoder, those are indeed the Christmas lights at the former Maritime Academy in Trondheim (which was not used this past Christmas...? for some reason?). They are in place, but have not been use last year.
      With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
      Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Originally posted by ehp View Post
        I've been telling him this for SOME TIME NOW!!!!! Especially as the tourist season is looming up on us......

I think just prints with a mat and shrink wrapped would be big hits with tourists!!!!!
        You really need to come here and hit me repeatedly over the head with frying pans to make me understand what in the world you are talking about. I dare you.

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

the red building,is that a kind of trainings center for oilrigs safety workers?
          wih those stairs, davits, heliplatform.
          or is it a building looks like a oilrig as some connection of trondheim with the oil industry
          best regards Thijs

Comment

Yes, the red building used to be a training center for oil workers.

This is the old living quarters of the Eldfisk A platform.
            Replaced by a new one in 1982.

About Ekofisk area oil rigs:
            http://www.kulturminne-ekofisk.no/su...enuRootId=1001

(==
            Last edited by Nichu; March 31st, 2011, 17:33.

Comment

Hi Nichu, I identified what's going on in your first photo of a tent in Torvet. Or more exactly what is going to happen from the 4th to the 10th of April!
              It's an international film festival called Kosmorama.

(Haven’t thought about your second photo yet! )

Comment

Originally posted by pakarang View Post
                You really need to come here and hit me repeatedly over the head with frying pans to make me understand what in the world you are talking about. I dare you.
                I'm a good little Southern girl. I must be invited in order to visit............................................. .......

Comment

Of course you are right, Seagull.
                  The tent is for the film festival. Had not got around to look at the web pages,
                  so thanks for the link.

Don't really know why I posted the second picture though.
                  Nothing "artistic", but just an ordinary moment in a day.
                  (They are extending the hot water pipeline from the garbage incinerator at Heimdal, to bring heat to the new buildings being constructed at Brattøra.)

Strange how garbage has become a commodity, being traded internationally.
                  Read in a paper that the city of Oslo is considering importing garbage fron Naples,Italy.

Since I bought my first digital camera more than ten years ago, I usually have one in my pocket when I stroll around.
                  Fun to look back at old pictures and see how things have changed.

A few ordinary ones from today's walk:

I am not so sure about the other way around, This hotel will be a monster.

Should J-O want to start his own ferry business: For sale.

The demolition of part of the railway station has started, hopefully to bring something better.

Comment

Well Nichu, I am pleased you posted your “ordinary moment in a day” as it is always interesting, at least to me, to see work in progress. I just about to suggest your second photo was something to do with an extension to the district-heating scheme that I realise is a big thing in Trondheim when I saw your post!

Ever since you showed me photos of that house moving, I have always associated you with being in the right place at the right time and well-informed when something is happening, and I enjoyed the latest additions to this thread. They are certainly not wasting much time at the railway station, so it was a good job J-O made it last week for his photos. The clock tower looks a bit solitary…

Delightful little ferry!

Comment

One of my recent video productions, make sure you subscribe and rate my youtube channel please:

Comment

Hope you all liked the video in previous post, here are some new images from Trondheim:

Comment

The cancer ward of the hospital in Trondheim:

Walking bridges binds the different clinics together:

Comment

Originally posted by pakarang View Post
                            One of my recent video productions, make sure you subscribe and rate my youtube channel please:

WOW!!!! How'bout that!!!
                            Looks very professional, like anything else from your hands...., and I really look forward to see the followup movies...

How do you manage to make it look so pro? Anyway, great teaser, Jan-Olav!!!
                            "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

Originally posted by Sterkoder View Post
                              WOW!!!! How'bout that!!!
                              Looks very professional, like anything else from your hands...., and I really look forward to see the followup movies...

How do you manage to make it look so pro? Anyway, great teaser, Jan-Olav!!!
                              Thank you so very much Sterkoder.... I try, and sometimes fail, but then I just try again (and sometimes again and again and again...).

Comment

This was great stuff, actually very pro,pakarang
                                I see from the video clip that we all have something to look forward too in the spring

Comment

Working...
                                X