X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eureka! I found the houses!

Comment

Comment

The magnitude of the moving houses endeavour really got to me when I started looking at the details. . .

. . . that nice neat looking blue front door

. . . a satellite dish, doubtless pointing in the wrong direction by now, its connections dangling to nowhere.

Supported by tropical paradise!

Comment

Comment

I should add that as well as updating the moving house saga, I had a thoroughly enjoyable time wandering around this fascinating neighbourhood, which, had it not been for Nichu’s reports, I might not otherwise have discovered. I may well get around to posting photos of streets and houses and building details in Seagull’s Trondheim thread eventually .

Comment

Me thinks Lady C has been "house-hunting" in Trondheim....
              With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
              Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Appreciate your pictures very much Cecilia, and look forward to the next part.

When you live in a town, you can pass buildings and other objects without noticing.
                It takes someone from outside to really open the locals eyes to what is in your neighbourhood.

Slightly off topic, but happened in Trondheim:

Tuesday morning at 0319 am, I became a first time grandfather to a little boy of 50cm and 3900 grams.

Times have changed since my daughter was born.
                Today, a few hours after the birth, mother and child are whisked away from the "Mother and Child" clinic and into a hotel that is part of the hospital.
                Here, the father can join and live with them for 3-4 days before going home.
                In a large room, with a large bathroom and every other necessarities, and of course professional personell present.
                A fee of 250 Kroner pr day for the father includes 4 meals served either in the hotels restaurant or in the room.

A big change from where my daughter lived her first days, in a four-bed maternity ward.

Comment

The very best of wishes to you and your family, and may you enjoy wonderful times ahead with your dear precious grandson.

Comment

CONGRATULATIONS, Nichu!!!!! How WONDERFUL!!!

PHOTOS, Please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We are accumulating a passle of kiddies here at CVF. (southernism, forgive me. "passle" is like " a whole mess'uv", slightly akin to a gander of geese, pride of lions, and murder of crows.) Kristian, Willow, now Nichu's grandson.......

How GRAND!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

"Slightly off topic..." ?
                      Don't think so, Nichu.
                      A birth in Trondheim leading to you being a grandfather in the same city most certainly fits the headline of this thread...
                      Congratulation to you!!!!
                      "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

Oh, what a wonderful news!

My most sincere and heartfelt congratulations to you, and welcome to a brand new world to the little one!
                        With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
                        Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Thanks very much for the response to me becoming a grandfather.

A picture of the little one, well asleep, and about 36 hours old:

Must continue with a wedding picture of the happy parents.
                          Staying with friends, they wed on a beach in Hawaii.
                          Before going on a 5 day honeymoon cruise around the islands:

Comment

THANKS, Nichu!! Sweetness personified!!

And thanks for the beach scene as well! Oh, but they look YOUNG!

Comment

Lovely pictures! And doesn’t your grandson look a real little man already –so much character there.

Comment

Thank you for the comments!

And as the Monty Python gang says:
                                Over to something completely different.

The aforementioned orienteering championships are sponsoring live music at Torvet.
                                I will soon go there to see Betty Johnsen, (originally from Bergen) do her show, with her Betty Big Boom Band.
                                A 46 year old punk/rock/soul artist.
                                Haven't seen her for 20 years, but hope her performance will be as memorable as before.

http://www.myspace.com/bettybigboomband

Later this evening some of my friends will play at Kafe Skuret.
                                Beatles/tunes from the 70's/ and Irish folk music are on their repertoire.
                                And in a maritime setting.

http://www.kafeskuret.no/

Comment

Working...
                                X