Re: Back to norway 1981

The happy gossips

And the unavoidable orange Beetle of 70's-80's

Comment

Originally posted by yvneac View Post
      DRIVSTUA STASJON
      Not far from Oppdal.
      While I was shooting I had a chat with a guy standing there which told me that few cute stations like this were built by the same architect(I forgot his name) along the mountain lines.A lot of them were disused but this one still in service.
      It makes you want to take a train...
      In the following thread, you'll find info about all the railway stations designed by the architecht, and of course pictures of each one:
      http://www.captainsvoyage-forum.com/...l-Kristiansund

The funny thing is;
      The little kiosk with that green roof there, behind the blue Citroen 2CV in your post #7 picture 2 of this thread, is designed by the very same architect (Erik Waldemar Glosimodt).
      "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

I've been looking through your thread here, and...., I'm speachless!!
        What a documentary! I love it....., LOVE IT!!!!!!

And me being a fan of street photography, your latest images from Bergen are just perfect.
        The way you've captured those gossiping ladies...., wow.
        And the man with the hat wondering if he should buy that fish....
        The one with the troll and old lady in white hat and a folded down umbrella on the corner there..., really need mentioning (what's on her mind, where has she been, where is she going?? ).

I know you've posted a lot of slides here...., but; do you have more, please ?

What a fantastic morning you gave me, letting me look through these important pictures, showing us what it all looked like over 30 years ago. So important! Thanks!!
        Last edited by Sterkoder; June 28th, 2013, 07:23.

Comment

Dear Sterkoder
          I am glad you like this little report. You know, even though I went few times to Norway I am still a tourist so, a positive feedback from a “local” is enjoyable. Maybe it means I was able to pick up two or three things of the real country life. Anyway I’m sure I will travel again in Norway (outside Hurtigruten, that is special) especially in the Aalesund-Trondheim area including the Atlantic Road. When, that is the question. Maybe I will have to wait until I am retired since I’d like to be there in May-June or September-October that is not possible at present.
          Thank you for your informations about Erik Waldemar Glosimodt and your link to his railway stations. Your trip report is very attractive and makes us want to travel around.
          I will post my last slides soon but there are only a few.

Comment

Stavkirke in Fantoft

Views from the hills in Stord island

Comment

Your trip report is very attractive and makes us want to travel around.
              This is my hope.
              If my pictorial reports, sometimes with an explaining map to accompany, leads to one or two more tourists want to visit Norway..., I've reached a goal.

CVF is a fantastic travelers web-site..., if one can find the different threads.
              We have more pictures, explaining text and local knowhow than any other travelers brochure could ever come up with.

Would be great if a tourist could once answer on a questionare how he/she discovered Norway and wanted to go travel there: Via CVF!

Comment

Inside the church of Roldal

Sorfjord.Sorry I forgot the name of this place.

Comment

Here is a view of Norheimsund.

And Hardangerfjord but don't remember exactly where.

Maybe our Norwegian friends can recognize this place?

Comment

The church of Seim

Voringfoss

Comment

I'm loving your trip report Yves! A voyage in space and time... and a bit in your own history and sensitivity as well. Really interesting.
                      MS Lofoten April 2006, March 2012, Feb 2013. MS Polarlys Dec 2010. MS Fram Feb 2009, Sep 2011.
                      Upcoming : MS Fram Dec 2013, MS Lofoten Sep 2014
                      My travelblog : http://voyageterremer.blogspot.com. Hurtigruten, Antarctica, Svalbard, Norway (and other places...).

Comment

It is interesting to see old(er) photos. It makes it possible to view things from a different perspective. Nice shots (and not digital - it was often harder to get nice shots the old way). Thank you!

Comment

Thank you Sarnia and Valérie.

Now back to Oslo through the inland road.Landscape nor far from Geilo

Chuch of Torpo

Comment

As a conclusion two sunny days in Oslo
                            Folk MuseuM in Bygdoy

Last edited by yvneac; July 2nd, 2013, 16:25.

Comment

And Frogner Park

/www.flickr.com/photos/93357366@N02/9181040733/][/url]

Et voilà.END OF THE FLASHBACK.....
                              Last edited by yvneac; July 1st, 2013, 18:34.

Comment

Yves! …I’m just revisiting all the threads that I so enjoyed looking at while I was away, but didn’t have the chance to post my appreciation at the time. It has been truly wonderful to follow you on this trip down memory lane.
                                Like in Mark’s recent photos, there are some nice human stories here. I especially like #44/2, an ageless scene in a way, but then one notices the shape of the woman’s trousers (the troll hasn’t aged at all!).

In 45/3 at the fishmarket that shirt really does take one back in time, and it is interesting to be reminded that such fashion was worn by older people. There is also the look of the photographs themselves. Unlike the Geiranger views, I suppose the scene in Frogner park in #58/2 hasn’t really changed, but that photograph somehow strongly evokes the period.

Thanks so much Yves.

Comment

Working...
                                X