NORDLANDSBANEN - minute by minute

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NORDLANDSBANEN - minute by minute

The Norwegian broadcaster is right now puting on air at NRK2 a minute by minute program about the railway Nordlandsbanen from Trondheim to Bodø.

As I write this, they are coming up to Åsen and after a while Verdal.

So as you see, there are several hours left.

Link: http://tv.nrk.no/direkte/nrk2
    (To watch, you'll have to have Adobe Player. At least I needed to).
    "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Re: NORDLANDSBANEN - minute by minute

Missed out? Don’t worry – it’s now available here: http://www.nrk.no/nordlandsbanen/
    …and it’s totally addictive!!!!!!!

Liking all kinds of “view on the move” videos, and train travel nearly as much as ships, I was clearly target audience for NRK’s latest Nordlandsbanen “Minutt for Minutt”…but there’s more!
    I hardly need to say here on CVF that I am hugely fascinated by photography of the same place in different seasons –and that is exactly what NRK have been up to!

You can choose what season to watch…. or even the ULTIMATE DELIGHT of displaying all four on your screen simultaneously! …and follow it on a map!!! Drool!!!!!!

Needless to say, I am absolutely hooked, but at my current fast internet access location/aka D’s I am considered to be messing up the in-house network and have been rationed! (the last time that happened was when dear pakarang released several of his camera-on-car road trips and a link to a must-see Thai movie in quick succession! )

Goodness knows when I’ll eventually reach Bodø!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Seagull View Post

Goodness knows when I’ll eventually reach Bodø!!!!!!!!!
      If your kind of weird internet-coincindents continue to "play" with you, I will maybe be able to reach Bodø just in time to "meet you at the station" .

My mother and I was sitting in front of the TV-screen for 10 hours watching Nordlandsbanen. There are something magic about that kind of TV-broadcasting. The thing is that I actually don`t like travelling by train. And to travel Trondheim to Bodø for real, takes AGES, I think. And is so boring. But when the same travel is served me as a slow TV-program, I don`t even have time to eat, and go to the toilet........

Yesterday I travelled by train from Kristiansand to Trondheim. My travel started in a feeling of spring-time. The sun melted the snow from streets and roofs. Nearby Oslo it started to snow. And further north there was snow storm. And up on the Dovrefjell-mountain there was about 15 cold degrees of frost. And when I arrived at Trondheim it was raining. So I travelled through all 4 seasons in a 12 hours train-travel...........

But you know me......
      When I reached Trondheim, I walked across the new walking bidge direction the Hurtigrute-pier to make the last part of my travel at sea.

But when Hurtigruten sailed out the Trondheims-fjord it was so foggy, that we were not able to see anything. So there I was aboard Hurtigruten watching Nordlandsbanen Minute by Minute on my laptop.

Believe it if you can............

I cross my fingers for your internet, so you are able to come to Bodø
      Last edited by HurtigruteMartin; January 6th, 2013, 01:49.

Comment

Wonderful wonderful post Martin!
        So you had your very own compilation of the seasons on that other train route!
        Now I’m heading for the continuation of your journey on the Hurtigrute threads!

Comment

Haha! You should try this with other passengers, if the are going seasick. Watching the train ride while this ship is rolling. Maybe that helps...
          Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

Originally posted by Ralf__ View Post
            Haha! You should try this with other passengers, if the are going seasick. Watching the train ride while this ship is rolling. Maybe that helps...

RALF.........Maybe we have a suggestion for a brand new travel-consept here.......

A cooperation between NRK, NSB and Hurtigruten in a package-concept with ONE ticket.
            Travel with Nordlandsbanen from Trondheim to Bodø. And in a ciniema-coupe on the train you can watch Hurtigruten Minutes by Minutes on a widescreen. And when you arrives at Bodø yo go aboard southbound Hurtigrute back to Trondheim. And will be able to watch Nordlandsbanen Minutes by Minutes on a cinemascreen in the comference-room.

Why have no-one thought about this before??????
            Last edited by HurtigruteMartin; January 10th, 2013, 01:10.

Comment

Working...
            X