NORDMØRE - a shire in Møre og Romsdal county

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sterkoder View Post
    Time for a few more pictures from Nordmøre.
    It was too cold for me making a long lasting photoshoot, so I just drove over the Gjemnessundet suspention bridge and back to Frei again for some shots near Flatsetsundet (if you're close to a map).

I always wanted to (try) and make a picture like some we've seen from the Eshima Ohashi-bridge in Japan, but I guess Gjemnessundet bridge ain't steep enough
    ​​​​​​SSL24675 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Interesting image... I know this bridge is fairly steep but it's really evident in this image.

I think to highlight the steep bridge climb better, it could possibly be an idea to use the largest zoom you have. I think that might give a different perspective.

Keep it up my friend - never enough to see for me!
    With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
    Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Thanks for comments, both you and Lady C.
      It was so cold out yesterday, we (me and daughter Vilde) just had to drive home to the warmth of the house after half an hour. Not so cold in temperature, but the air was so humid, and you can see that on the small stone there where the moist stick to it like fur.
      Yes, I figure me standing a bit further away from the bridge, and a larger zoom would give a steeper look, I agree. My largest zoom 135mm is too short, and I knew it before I drove out.
      "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

I'm not able to get into the photo bubble, so to say.
        Drove into town today to try and find motifs, but came to the conclusion that Kristiansund is close to being over photographed, so I drove out to the Atlantic Road.
        Came home with six pictures, and here are four of them.
        Not satisfied. Not a good day for photography..., at least for me.

Just after the toll booth on Averøy, there's a resting place. This is Averøyveien road with mountain Freikollen in the background
        ​​​​​​IMGP0588 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Hestskjæret light house as seen from the same place
        ​​​​​​IMGP0587 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

From Lyngholmen (where the walking path goes around the island and where the Atlantic Road café is) we can see Kvitholmen light house in the horizon
        ​​​​​​IMGP0603 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Kvitholmen light house
        ​​​​​​IMGP0598 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr
        "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

Impressing winter photos anyhow. #33/4 is more a painting than a photography. I like it!
          Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

• Sterkoder
            Sterkoder commented
            Editing a comment
            I just had to go out with my camera now, but since we've had bad weather here since long before Christmas, it's difficult to go out the door.
            Thanks for the comment though. The sun was setting just at the moment of that picture #33/4, and lit up the clouds behind that weather. But with ice cold gale force wind from the North Atlantic..., it was hard to be a demotivated photographer.
            I want spring, sunshine warmer weather!

• Seagull
            Seagull commented
            Editing a comment
            Well I VERY much like that last photo especially.
            Skyscape!

Originally posted by Sterkoder View Post
          I'm not able to get into the photo bubble, so to say.
          No worries, I have been stuck there for quite a while. I guess "winter" is part of the reason.
          With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
          Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Working...
          X