NORDMØRE - a shire in Møre og Romsdal county

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NORDMØRE - a shire in Møre og Romsdal county

Sorry for not giving any comment earlier, but no, I did not spot any black Volvo
    I do such 'speed-tourism' on day trips every summer, as you've seen from my trips to Ålesund and Åndalsnes during the cruise season.
    And from my trip to Åndalsnes, Dombås, Oppdal and back home.

Today, the sun sat behind Meekknoken mountain on Averøy, and from a bus stop on the south side of Frei, it all looked like this around 17:15.
    In the front, we see Tangen and Tangen farm.

We see toward Eide far into the fjord
    "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

That's kind of wow! Such nice rays of light.

Comment

Thanks, Tommi...!!
        The trouth is I was on my way to the grosery store, in a hurry, and that bus stop is mid-way between my home and the store.
        As I never go anywhere without my camera, I stopped my car, rolled down the window and took the picture.
        That's the background of this one

Comment

Originally posted by Sterkoder View Post
          Sorry for not giving any comment earlier, but no, I did not spot any black Volvo
          I do such 'speed-tourism' on day trips every summer, as you've seen from my trips to Ålesund and Åndalsnes during the cruise season.
          And from my trip to Åndalsnes, Dombås, Oppdal and back home.

Today, the sun sat behind Meekknoken mountain on Averøy, and from a bus stop on the south side of Frei, it all looked like this around 17:15.
          In the front, we see Tangen and Tangen farm.

We see toward Eide far into the fjord
          Stunning light.... almost to the point of a little surreal. Love it!
          With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
          Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com
          Old forum: http://captainsvoyage.7.forumer.com/
          Join us: Save the "Kong Olav" on facebook

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Wow...., these pictures from different places in Nordmøre is a 'must see' for those of you who loves Norway!
            360 degree images are made from photos taken from a hovering helicopter.

Page in Norwegian, but each image can be seen by clicking on the place name, in example Kristiansund, Atlanterhavsveien, Grip, Innerdalen and so on.

LINK: http://www.visitkristiansund.com/no/...-i-360-grader/

Comment

Some really nice panoramas there. A great joy to see them.

Comment

Few pictures taken during my trip in Norway in 1981.

Tingvollfjord

Tingvoll cimetary

And the ferry Tingvoll-Angvik

X par yneac, sur Flickr

Comment

Oh wow..., look at that!!

Great to see how the world looked like in 1981, specially the places which has ment a lot to me, as my family had a house in Tingvoll (Vågbø) before.

That first one there show the farm at Bergem and in a distance we see Aspøy in Straumsnes.

Tingvoll cimetary has been a place I've wanted to visit with my camera for a long time.
                  Mainly to picture the old Tingvoll church (anno 1200), but as they've done maintenance to the walls and roof with a scaffold mounted, I've not stressed that...

Then, of course, the last one with the ferry...., wonder what ferry that one is?? (Nope, belive it or not, I don't know).
                  Ferry ISTRA looked like that and serviced the stretch from 1977 to 1981, so it could be her....

Thanks for posting nostalgic images from my shire! You got more...?
                  Last edited by Sterkoder; June 27th, 2013, 22:30.

Comment

Nice you give me the name of the places dear Sterkoder.Unfortunately these pictures are the only ones I have from the area.I have good memories about this place where I stayed two days at Meisingset.
                    Maybe you can have a look at my thread BACK TO NORWAY 1981,first page where you'll find three photos from Tingvoll.
                    In addition I think this one was taken in Kvanne.But it was so long ago...nothing is sure.

Comment

This is near to Røkkum...., it's Ålvundfjord and Ålvundfossen (foss=waterfall).
                      (Kvanne is the place where the car ferry goes to on the other side of the fjord from Røkkum).
                      Far, far in the distance, way back in the picture is Vågbø in Tingvoll, where we had the house before.
                      And just a little closer, to the left (but can not be seen) is Meisingset, a beautiful tiny little place.
                      My pictures at page 1 of this thread, in post #8 pictures 3-4-5-6 and post #9 pictures 1-2-3-4 is from Meisingset.
                      The old houses in Meisingset can be seen in my thread 'Surnadal-Kvanne-Meisingset' in post #3 pictures 6-7-8-9 and 10.

I will look into your thread 'Back to Norway 1981' soon

Comment

Originally posted by Sterkoder View Post
                        This is near to Røkkum...., it's Ålvundfjord and Ålvundfossen (foss=waterfall).
                        (Kvanne is the place where the car ferry goes to on the other side of the fjord from Røkkum).
                        Far, far in the distance, way back in the picture is Vågbø in Tingvoll, where we had the house before.
                        And just a little closer, to the left (but can not be seen) is Meisingset, a beautiful tiny little place.
                        My pictures at page 1 of this thread, in post #8 pictures 3-4-5-6 and post #9 pictures 1-2-3-4 is from Meisingset.
                        The old houses in Meisingset can be seen in my thread 'Surnadal-Kvanne-Meisingset' in post #3 pictures 6-7-8-9 and 10.

I will look into your thread 'Back to Norway 1981' soon
                        Yes, I saw it right away - it is indeed Ålvundsfossen in Ålvundfjorden!

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Thisday 14th September, I went to Tingvoll municipality with my Pentax, to see what I found of interest. I drove out to Aksneset lighthouse first. Far into the distance, you can see Surnadal, only so that you can place me on the map, so to say
                          SSL23886 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

An old tree trunk by the lighthouse
                          SSL23888 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Aksneset lighthouse from the east
                          SSL23890 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

The ferry becomes so small against Mother nature. The ferry goes between Kvanne and Røkkum (or Rykkjem, as it might say in the time table)
                          SSL23892 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

View south from Aksneset, towards Ålvundfjord and far away mountains in Trollheimen
                          SSL23903 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Then, I drove back towards Kristiansund, but made a stop in Straumsnes. Just in the crossing where one drive to take the ferry from Kanestrøm to Halsa when going to Trondheim. This is right down from the main road nr. 70 (and if I had placed a Swedish flag here, now one would protest and say this wasn't Sweden )
                          SSL23906 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

I was on the lookout for a couple of old trucks in the wood, as I've heard talks about them and that one should be a former Swedish military vehicle. Anyway, first I came to an old villa
                          SSL23908 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Comment

Then an old cottage, where the owner had built a similar house for the small birds
                            SSL23912 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Then, FINALLY, through thick forest I spotted the old military vehicle, which looks to be an old Volvo L2204. A label told me it was checked and approved by Swedish authorities in 1982.
                            The current owner wanted NOK 10.000,- for this in 2016
                            SSL23916 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

On the yard was also an old Bedford, which has been used as a firetruck on an airport down south. I've heard rumors about Haugesund airport.
                            The owner wanted NOK 5.000,- for this in 2016. (Broken engine)
                            SSL23920 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Comment

• Ralf__
                              Ralf__ commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Desperate shapes! At least he should give you some money to move them away.

One thing I must say about you, Sterkoder, you really have grown a great eye for detail, composition and selection.

You have become a master at your game!

Comment

• Sterkoder
                              Sterkoder commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Coming from you, who I learned a lot from when it comes to photography, it means a lot to me. Thank you.
                              That said, my better half answered this when I eagerly asked her to look at some photos I came home with: -Oh, it's like I've seen them before....
                              So you see, some might have had enough also.
                          Working...
                          X