X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seagull
    replied
    Re: This is Honningsvåg / Nordkapp

The birds seemed a little crazy that day, all clustered together on the hillside and making a tremendous noise, though I missed photographing the commotion when Polarlys announced her arrival!

Leave a comment:

• Seagull
    replied

Originally posted by Seagull View Post
    ....After photographing an abandoned school boarding house building (for another thread later…)....
    Here is a link to the photos of the abandoned boarding school at Sarnes.

To finish with, just a few remaining photos taken that gloriously sunny day in Honningsvåg.

Leave a comment:

• Tommi
    replied

My compliments to both of you for providing all appealing photographs and stories here on CVF.
    Now we're looking forward to the next thousand posts.

Leave a comment:

• Seagull
    replied

Dear Mark, what a special and wonderful post –goodness only a year! I can hardly remember not having our PoloUK around! Thank you for all the fun and friendship.

And I was just about to send my eternal thanks to our Captain too, but now I can join with you in this thread...

You see, by a wonderful coincidence, I am just about to press “submit reply” on this my 11000th post!

Leave a comment:

• PoloUK
    replied

Well, it's just over a year since I came across CVF -completely by accident - and found myself able to interact with other folk that share my enjoyment in photography, ships and Scandinavia (and many other things!. This is my 1,000th post - so I thought I'd look for something that sums much of that up - I've come up with this one: Beautiful Honningsvåg in the sun on a summer afternoon. Midnatsol on the berth, the sky blue, fluffy white clouds, fish for dinner. My Unni was behind me asking if I was really going to take ANOTHER photo!!

Thanks Jan Olav for providing us with this wonderful place to share so much in such a positive, constructive and friendly way - and thanks to the rest of you for keeping me occupied and entertained!!

Leave a comment:

• pakarang
    replied

Dear Lady C,

Wonderful photos... we actually had King Crab as well a week ago on board the ferry... yummy delicious! But, I ate too much of it that day, so it'll be a while before I want it again I think.

I've said it before, but like to repeat myself, you have an amazing eye and attention to detail. Your photography is always such a great inspiration. You have a great talent with your camera.

Leave a comment:

• PoloUK
    replied

I'm hungry.

Very happy memories of visiting Brother in Law in H'våg in previous years - just occasionally he'll disappear for an hour and come back with a carrier bag full of King Crab legs. A little while and a very big saucepan later .....

Wonderful photos Cecilia!

Leave a comment:

• Seagull
    replied

Time to leave, and head back to the ship.

Leave a comment:

• Seagull
    replied

Returning to the lavvo, the crab is ready to serve.

Delicious …and they came round with extra helpings! No wonder I needed an extra small main course at dinner later that evening!

Leave a comment:

• Seagull
    replied

After photographing an abandoned school boarding house building (for another thread later…) I take a panorama view of a lake…

…and see a deer on the skyline.

Leave a comment:

• Seagull
    replied

We then have the opportunity to take a stroll outside.

Leave a comment:

• Seagull
    replied

Demonstration of the traps used for the crab fishing.

Leave a comment:

• Seagull
    replied
    We go inside the tent for coffee, the fire is lit, water boiled, and the crab is cooked.

Leave a comment:

• Seagull
    replied

CVF member “Stranded wreck” volunteered to have a go at the preparation.

Leave a comment:

• Seagull
    replied
    We are shown how to kill and prepare the crab, removing the carapace and cutting off the legs, which contain the succulent meat.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X