No announcement yet.

This is Honningsvåg / Nordkapp

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After photographing an abandoned school boarding house building (for another thread later…) I take a panorama view of a lake…

…and see a deer on the skyline.

Comment

Returning to the lavvo, the crab is ready to serve.

Delicious …and they came round with extra helpings! No wonder I needed an extra small main course at dinner later that evening!

Comment

Time to leave, and head back to the ship.

Comment

Re: This is Honningsvåg / Nordkapp

I'm hungry.

Very happy memories of visiting Brother in Law in H'våg in previous years - just occasionally he'll disappear for an hour and come back with a carrier bag full of King Crab legs. A little while and a very big saucepan later .....

Wonderful photos Cecilia!
          Cheers,

Mark.

www.pologlover.co.uk

Comment

Dear Lady C,

Wonderful photos... we actually had King Crab as well a week ago on board the ferry... yummy delicious! But, I ate too much of it that day, so it'll be a while before I want it again I think.

I've said it before, but like to repeat myself, you have an amazing eye and attention to detail. Your photography is always such a great inspiration. You have a great talent with your camera.
            With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
            Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com
            Old forum: http://captainsvoyage.7.forumer.com/
            Join us: Save the "Kong Olav" on facebook

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Well, it's just over a year since I came across CVF -completely by accident - and found myself able to interact with other folk that share my enjoyment in photography, ships and Scandinavia (and many other things!. This is my 1,000th post - so I thought I'd look for something that sums much of that up - I've come up with this one: Beautiful Honningsvåg in the sun on a summer afternoon. Midnatsol on the berth, the sky blue, fluffy white clouds, fish for dinner. My Unni was behind me asking if I was really going to take ANOTHER photo!!

Thanks Jan Olav for providing us with this wonderful place to share so much in such a positive, constructive and friendly way - and thanks to the rest of you for keeping me occupied and entertained!!

Cheers,

Mark.

www.pologlover.co.uk

Comment

Dear Mark, what a special and wonderful post –goodness only a year! I can hardly remember not having our PoloUK around! Thank you for all the fun and friendship.

And I was just about to send my eternal thanks to our Captain too, but now I can join with you in this thread...

You see, by a wonderful coincidence, I am just about to press “submit reply” on this my 11000th post!

Comment

My compliments to both of you for providing all appealing photographs and stories here on CVF.
                  Now we're looking forward to the next thousand posts.

Comment

Originally posted by Seagull View Post
                    ....After photographing an abandoned school boarding house building (for another thread later…)....
                    Here is a link to the photos of the abandoned boarding school at Sarnes.

To finish with, just a few remaining photos taken that gloriously sunny day in Honningsvåg.

Comment

The birds seemed a little crazy that day, all clustered together on the hillside and making a tremendous noise, though I missed photographing the commotion when Polarlys announced her arrival!

Comment

Across Elvedalen I took this panorama showing some new culvert construction.

Comment

Leaving Honningsvåg that evening.

Comment

Congratulations to Mark on your 1070th post! Quite an achievement after just one year!

- and I'm both glad and honored that you joined us? Absolutely yes!

We all share a passion in photography, places of the world, ships, planes and what not... CVF is actually like a ... what do you call it... ? A fine soup of food left overs.... (not sure if anyone get what I mean but...)... there are subjects within this forum that has no or little relation to eachother... it's like a soup of many different things, and it is such a great pleasure and honor to see, read, share, and learn from and among people that have the same interests.

The image in post 96 is really great... looks cold, but the blue sky and the sunlight makes it still a warm image.

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Across Elvedalen I took this panorama showing some new culvert construction.

And have I tired to cross that culvert a few years ago...? Yes, indeed, and did I get wet? Yes indeed... !

Leaving Honningsvåg that evening.
                              Does anyone know what that square "tower" is or used to be?

Comment

Here are photos of a nice day of March 2011 on the road to/from Nordkapp.

Comment

Working...
                                X