• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Special thank you for posting these…

Comment

Re: Surnadal - Kvanne - Meisingset

Yes, thank you for posting!!
      Have you been visiting Surnadal recently...?
      I see Reinsfjell is snowcovered there in the background, something that occured a couple of weeks ago.
      I recognize those buildings there from my visit, that beige house by the sea and specially that red warehouse on poles..., simply because I didn't stop to take its picture...
      "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

Originally posted by Sterkoder View Post
        Yes, thank you for posting!!
        Have you been visiting Surnadal recently...?
        I see Reinsfjell is snowcovered there in the background, something that occured a couple of weeks ago.
        I recognize those buildings there from my visit, that beige house by the sea and specially that red warehouse on poles..., simply because I didn't stop to take its picture...
        Yes, I noticed that you didn't take a picture of the red dock house....

On a more serious note, yes, I was there last weekend (further details in the Captains Quarters).
        With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
        Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

In Surnadalsøra they also have an old firestation. Still in use, but a new one is being erected closer to todays Surnadal

Special architecture, as the hole building is curved. The old alarm siren can be seen high up on the wall...

Did you see this Sterkoder...? The old fire-station at Surnadalsøra is in danger of being torn down:

http://www.tk.no/nyheter/article5911538.ece

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Yes, read that article in Tidens Krav.
            I belive it is very sad if that's the conclution, as I also belive the old Surnadalsøra "need" the building which has 'always' been there.
            And with its curving construction, it's an interesting construction.

Remember when I took these pictures, there were not a soul to see.
            When I started to take pictures of the building, several from different angles, people started to "pop up" from all places (like an old american horror movie) asking me who I was, why I pictured the building, if what I said/answered was true and stuff....., as if they thought I was a mysterious future buyer.

I didn't care, but thinking about it, it felt a little bit 'unconfortable' to take pictures.

Comment

It has happened to me many times as well.... nobody in sight, and as soon as I start taking pictures, suspicious people show up.... I remember when I pictured the old abandoned building by City Lade in Trondheim, I was suddenly spotted by someone who really wanted to know "why", "who" and such....

Sad if they do tear this one down... it's a part of the whole street, and it would be empty without it.

Comment

Thank you for this link Sterkoder,I had not read this thread before.As you said there is so much to see on CVF that you can miss interresting things only because you don't know they exist.
                Your pics. of Meisingset are a aesthetic delight and I feel a kind of echo with Norwegian painter Sohlberg.Have a look:
                Last edited by yvneac; June 28th, 2013, 17:04.

Comment

Can I understand it the way that you compare some of my pictures with the famous Norwegian painter? Wow!

But seriously, I see what you mean, and strange as it might seem...., the painting you just posted show one of my most favourite holiday cities; Røros.
                  I have been there several times, from my mid-childhood together with my family and up to last summer.
                  I even plan to go there later this summer..., as this place mean 'summer' to me, and bring back good memories

Comment

Can I understand it the way that you compare some of my pictures with the famous Norwegian painter? Wow!
                    Yes.And without toadying-it's not my style- I think so.

Comment

I hope Sterkoder can forgive me for bumping this old thread which we haven't posted to since 2013, up to the top of the list, with these relatively new images taken in June this year.

The place is SURNADALSØRA.

2018_06_02 MAVIC-Surnadalsøra-DJI_0394 by Captain Jan-Olav Storli, on Flickr

2018_06_02 MAVIC-Surnadalsøra-DJI_0395 by Captain Jan-Olav Storli, on Flickr

Comment

A few more images from SURNDALSØRA:

2018_06_02 MAVIC-Surnadalsøra-DJI_0397 by Captain Jan-Olav Storli, on Flickr

2018_06_02 MAVIC-Surnadalsøra-DJI_0406 by Captain Jan-Olav Storli, on Flickr

Comment

And the final image - the "bonus images":

2018_06_02 MAVIC-Surnadalsøra-DJI_0408 by Captain Jan-Olav Storli, on Flickr

Comment

This is what threads are for, why make new ones when one already exist ;-)
                            And as you see, the old fire station did survive, and even got refurbished and maintained..., and painted and marked as it originally was, the main base for Surnadal Billag AS, the local bus company.
                            Nice additions, Jan-Olav!

Comment

Thank you very much for dropping by, Sterkoder!

Yes, I'm so thankful they restored and re-painted the old fire station. It would have been a great loss if it had been torn down. This little street / village is so utterly charming, no matter if it is winter or summer.

Comment

Working...
                              X